PDA

View Full Version : 1st Detroit Autorama Pro-Touring Dinner.

trapin
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
1st Annual Pro-Touring/Autorama Dinner

Time:
5pm - whenever

400 Monroe St.
Intl. Center Building
Detroit, MI 48226
(313)965-4600
http://www.fishbonesusa.com/ (http://www.fishbonesusa.com)

The Plan:
Everyone get down to Greektown a few hours before the dinner on Saturday and park. Ride the People Mover over to Cobo and take in the show (show takes about 4 hours to get through). Then jump back on the People Mover back to Greektown and meet up at Fishbones at 5pm. I will reserve a table once I have a headcount (probably late February). We'll let this thread sit up here and marinate for awhile so everyone gets a chance to see it.

If your are absolutely, definitely, FOR SURE, commited to doing the dinner...please sign up here. (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=28&day=2006-3-4&c=1)

Thanks. Hope to see you there.

Adam, Roger, JMarsa, Shessel...no excuses.

onebad2
01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
I would be interested!

72novadriver
01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I would also be interested.

JMarsa
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Thanks for callin me out Tony. I hardly ever go to this section. I'm game and looking forward to it (although Flint's is first).

--JMarsa

TEDDYS CAMARO
01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
I Am Very Intrested. How Many Pro-touring Cars Are Going To Be At Autorama??

McssGmachine
01-23-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm very interested! I would like to meet some of you guys in person. Keep me updated.:twothumbs

69lt4
01-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Great idea. Would like to meet everyone. Wife and I are expecting our second child that week so I'm out.

Thanks,
Kevin

69 camaro LT4 T56 9" mini tub Budnik Hammer 315/17 245/17 Baer Brakes Vintage Air 6 pt. cage DSE suspension....

astroracer
01-24-2006, 03:51 AM
I am interested also.

Travis B
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
We will be there....no cars though we are flying in! Is there a time for the dinner yet??? Or maybe an after party ....lol
:Alchy: :Alchy: :Alchy:

trapin
01-24-2006, 03:25 PM
(see original thread above)

quadfather
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
sounds cool i would like to meet some of you. i going anyway.

syborg tt
01-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I'll be at the show with my Dad. I'll see if he wants to go and then were in.

Larry Callahan
01-24-2006, 10:54 PM
Larry, I posted the event in there but when you click on it, all it gives you is my username. Is there somewhere in that link where people sign up?

Did you check the roll call option at the bottom?

Use roll call. If used users can specify that they will be attending this event.

Edit: I went and checked the box. I need to set one up for the Year One Event too while I'm at it.

You can use this link to go directly to the the event

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=28&day=2006-3-4&c=1

trapin
01-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Thanks Larry.

BB69
01-25-2006, 05:20 AM
Tony,
I'm in for the event. I have been to the show just about every year. I hope there isn't a problem with bringing other car guys that may not be registered on the forum. I normally go with a couple of other guys. Is that OK?

Ken

astroracer
01-25-2006, 05:50 AM
I just signed up... It looks like I am the first to do so?
I will probably have some buds with me also.
Mark

trapin
01-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Absolutely, friends are fine....the more the merrier.

Fellas I've amended my original thread above with all the needed information. Please don't forget to sign up if your definitely coming.

Thanks again. :twothumbs

Kevin@W2W
01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
A little off topic but we are displaying with Sherwin Williams for the first time this year and it is going to be a pretty decent size area. Stop by and say Hi if anybody gets a chance. We should have 5 cars on display including our latest 7 second LS1 camaro in a new exclusive W2W color. :)

BuddyP
01-25-2006, 10:43 AM
I'd deffinatly be interested, is there a set date yet? I'll need to know that before I commit. Might be able to talk "Steemin" aka Scott Stites to come along also.

Thanks
Buddy P

JoshStratton
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I am interested also.

Mark,

Have you been posting at GarageJunkies or is that a different astro? I seem to remember seeing a post about a garage addition and didnt know if that was you.

Sorry to 'jack the thread.

Can I drive my 4 door Civic? It has disk brakes :getout:

JoshStratton
01-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Nevemind. I'm retarded.

astroracer
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Mark,

Have you been posting at GarageJunkies or is that a different astro? I seem to remember seeing a post about a garage addition and didnt know if that was you.

Sorry to 'jack the thread.

Can I drive my 4 door Civic? It has disk brakes :getout:

Yup, that's me... I use the same name on any forum I post on...
Mark

Roger Poirier
01-25-2006, 04:29 PM
If I'm still alive. I start at 9:00am - 6:00pm M-S working on the goat, and I'm free labor. As the date becomes closer and I'm still walking (bad back) I will be glad to meet up with you guys. :cool:

steemin
01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd deffinatly be interested, is there a set date yet? I'll need to know that before I commit. Might be able to talk "Steemin" aka Scott Stites to come along also.

Thanks
Buddy P

Now I have an AKA...?
I would love to go but I need to know the date that we would be going to the show..
What kind of cars does this show focus on?
Scott AKA "STEEMIN"

Travis B
01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
What kind of cars does this show focus on?
Scott AKA "STEEMIN"

HIGH end cars.....this show is where the riddler is decided! You are gauranteed to see at least 8 of the finest built cars around(usually)! depends on who has what out this year????

JoshStratton
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Last year's winner spent 1.5 million to win that show. He spent 50K on the detailing alone before the show.

Here are pics of last year's: Detroit Autorama 2005 (http://www.jennstratton.com/carstuff/Pictures/2005%20Detroit%20Autorama/index1.html)

Roger Poirier
01-26-2006, 05:25 PM
This is where stupid money can be spent. The show is in need of more pro touring cars. It's getting there slow but sure.

P.S. I just hope I'm not one of them (stupid money). You will be able to decide for yourself. I will have the Judge shown as a feature display
20 x 20 with lights and all the BS. The car will be across from the GM display. I'm one of three cars www.motorcitysteel.net will have out at the show.

R.P.

trapin
01-27-2006, 06:00 AM
Everyone keeps asking about an official date....fella's, if you go up to the original thread, all the information is right there. These dates are "official".

Also...a bit of good news, we will now have door prizes for the dinner. Murray Pfaff from Pfaff Design is going to provide some goodies for all attendies. I might try to get some other companies involved to see if they want to provide anything if we get enough to participate.

Roger....I didn't know your car is going to be there. Or are you alluding to something else?

BuddyP
01-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Ah, Saturday... March 4th then. That may be possible, I'll confirm in a couple weeks.

Roger Poirier
01-27-2006, 08:42 AM

Trapin, that wasn't me listed as Roger? :hammer:Oh well. My mistake.

Sorry,

R.P.

trapin
01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
No..that IS you listed as Roger. Perhaps you didn't understand my inquiry.

I didn't want you to come because you had a car there....I wanted you to come anyway regardless. I just didn't know your car was going to be there...I wasn't sure how close your were to finishing. Sounds like you're pretty much finished.

Thats awesome...can't wait to see it. And YES...try to make that dinner if you can.

Bill Howell
01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I have a prior comment on March 2 until lunch. I plan to hop on a plane and come up asap after lunch that day. Count me in Tony. BTW, any suggestions on hotel rooms close to the action?
EDIT, Tony your HERE link is not working, I used Larry's link.

Roger Poirier
01-30-2006, 03:31 AM
Any suggestions on hotel rooms close to the action?

Bill and any others coming from out of town. The Marriott Ren Cen (GM headquarters) is a block away from Cobo Hall (Autorama). The Marriott has a tram and will take you to and from Cobo Hall. You don't even need to go outside.

Mention that you are a member of MHRA or Autorama. I received a double bed for $109 a night. Top end hotel and a very respectable price.

Call: 1.800.568.8000 for reservations.

R.P.

trapin
01-30-2006, 07:44 AM
Yeah...I'll 2nd the Marriot reccomendation, Bill. It is so damn convienient...you'll be glad you did it. People Mover will take you to Cobo, to Fishbones, and back to the Ren Cen. Park the car once and forget about it. Go in style my friend...go in style.

I'll check that link....it was working before. Hmmm.......

shessel
02-12-2006, 04:36 PM

Trapin, that wasn't me listed as Roger? :hammer:Oh well. My mistake.

Sorry,

R.P.

Yea, don't worry. Kristie and I will be there. Tony, count me in for 2 people. Someone mentioned after party. Who'd be interested and where? Kristie and I could host, but that would mean everyone getting out to Chesterfield Twp. (about 30-40 min from downtown).

Steve (Shessel)

trapin
02-13-2006, 05:36 AM
Steve...great...make sure you sign up in the Calander.

Fella's...I've gone ahead and made the reservation. We're set for 5pm at Fishbones on the 4th of March. I have the reservation at about 18 people but if we need more seats they'll accomodate us. We will be in the atrium over by the giant waterfall. It's a kick ass restaurant...we should have a good time that night. I will contact Murray Pfaff today and see about those goodies.

For those attending...when you walk in, just ask for the Pro-Touring.com party.

Thanks guys...hope to see ya there.

onebad2
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Im Coming!

Doug Cooper
02-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Four or five of us are planning on coming: Doug Cooper and my two sons also, Bob Johnson and maybe Ron Winter.
I will confirm after flight and hotels are arranged.

Bob Johnson
02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Four or five of us are planning on coming: Doug Cooper and my two sons also, Bob Johnson and maybe Ron Winter.
I will confirm after flight and hotels are arranged.
Is there a Burger King or McDonalds nearby where Cooper's twins can eat?

Travis B
02-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Do they have a bar there? :Alchy:

Doug Cooper
02-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Do they have a bar there? :Alchy:

Last I checked Bk and McD's don't serve alcohol! And my son's aren't drinking age anyway.

Travis B
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Last I checked Bk and McD's don't serve alcohol! And my son's aren't drinking age anyway.

sorry doug I should have specified:
I ways talking about this place they are having the pt. dinner....

drinking age whats that :razz:

Doug Cooper
02-22-2006, 08:10 AM
sorry doug I should have specified:
I ways talking about this place they are having the pt. dinner....

drinking age whats that :razz:

Thanks for clarifing, I'm a little slow I didn't get it til after you explained that!

Don't know for sure if we are coming to PT dinner we won't get to Cobo til 1:30 or so on Saturday. How long does it take to see it all?

trapin
02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
About 3 hours...you should make it.

Yes they serve alchohol there. There is a bar.

Guys....be sure to sign up in the Calander so I have an official head count. Thanks.

KILLER06MUSTANG
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Is there a Burger King or McDonalds nearby where Cooper's twins can eat?

bob dont forget about white castle, KFC, pizza hut, dominos, subway, roy rogers, or any place that serves chicken fingers or chicken nuggets

quadfather
02-23-2006, 05:36 PM
i have already signed up , but is there anything we need to know when we show up at the resterant . or just tell them were with the pro-touring group?

trapin
02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Yep....ask for the Pro-Touring group. Or just look for me, I'll be wearing a black Pro-Touring shirt. You can't miss me, I'm about 6'2" and just a few pounds shy of an offensive tackle. LOL!!!!

quadfather
02-24-2006, 05:05 PM
cool i look foward to meeting you guys. :drive1:

oldzzy
02-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Just wondering if anyone can attend this dinner?

trapin
02-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Of course you can. You're a member of PT.com right?

oldzzy
03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Well as long as the weather is decent i am in! Any idea what time you guys are meeting up in greektown (parking lot from the cobo hall website i presume) before the show? Will be cool to meet you guys.

trapin
03-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Shane...we're not meeting up before the show. Just after. If you're at the show and you see a big guy wearing a black Pro-Touring shirt, stop and say hi.

....cause that's me. LOL!!!!

jeff s
03-01-2006, 12:06 PM
The Poison Dart will be in the show, which Schwartz Extreme Performance did for Imagine. And another customer is debuting his Legens built Willy's pick-up that's in the Riddler Comepetition, called "Hammerhead"
www.schwartzperformance.com

trapin
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah...can't wait to see that. I talked to Murray Pfaff today and he told me all about the exhibit he was putting together for it. My friend Kevin Howell is helping him set it up on Friday.

Try and make it to the dinner Jeff, we'd love to meet you.

oldzzy
03-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Hey guys i had a great time at the dinner. It was great putting faces to some of the names on the board. Every one was really friendly and i hope that evryone else had as good of time as i did. I would like to thank Tony for putting it all together. Thnx Tony! I would also like to thank Pfaff design for wall clock that my wife won as a door prize!

Shane

Bill Howell
03-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Shane, your wife won the clock :pat: I knew I picked the wrong number....lol
Like Shane, it was great to see and meet everyone. That is what this sport is all about, cars come and go but lasting friendships is the key to our hobby. Thanks Tony for making this event happen, and I look forward to seeing you again here in September.

trapin
03-06-2006, 03:14 AM
Thank you to everyone that attended, it was a pleasure meeting you all. We'll have to do it again next year although I might try to find a different place. I wasn't happy that Oldzz and his wife were sent to a different part of the restaurant and that they left Jeff Schwartz hanging in the bar for an hour. I don't know how everyone else liked their food but I wasn't crazy about mine. It's a great location and a beautiful restaurant, but the food is lacking. And I'm still steaming that I forgot name tags.....damn it! Oh well, we'll figure it out...this was a test run this year, we'll take it up a notch in '07. And Bill, thanks for taking the time to walk around the show with us. It was fun seeing the show with you. You sir, are no "poser". I'll definitely see you in September.

Also...I got a little bonus as I was leaving the restaurant. My cousin and I walked out the main lobby and I got to meet Chip Foose. Great guy. He chatted with us for a couple of minutes. Very down to earth. If you ever get the chance to meet him, don't hesitate to walk up and say hello.

astroracer
03-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Tony,
I missed the dinner only because I was too early. I didn't see your post about the time change (I thought it was to be at 4:00pm) and got to the restaurant a little after 4... :pat: The host had the Pro Touring dinner written in at 5:30 so I just headed home. I'm sorry I missed it, it sounds like it was a pretty good time. Maybe next year...
Mark

trapin
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Sorry about that Mark. That's a bummer. JMarsa and I were talkin' about you on the People Mover over to Fishbones. We were anxious to meet you.

Oh well....I'm sure we'll hook up eventually.

quadfather
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
yeah i had fun , it was great talking to people who share the same interests. i thought the food was great . but a different location would be fine too. it was nice to finally put faces to the names. i'm in if you do it again next year , maybe i''l even have the car done by then.

BB69
03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Tony,
I had a good time talking to the other guys. May I suggest Pizza Papulis next year? It's just one or two doors down on the other side of the street. I think they have the best pizza in town. I know it's a long way off, but let me know if you want help. It was a good showing for the first event.

Ken

BuddyP
03-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good time! Wanted to make it over but had a opertunity to go lakeracing (snowmobile ice drags) and with the warm winter we've had, I had to take the oppertunity of the ice.

Hopfully we could maybe all get together again in the warmer months?

Bob Johnson
03-06-2006, 08:50 PM
You may suggest it but don't order the thin crust pizza..which by the way isn't thin..it was absolutely the worst pizza I have ever eaten..including store bought frozen ones I've had on a few occasions..It's not fair getting Doug Cooper's opinion because he's from New York (or his sons)..but we all agreed it was terrible. His boys wouldn't even eat it. The waitress asked us if we wanted a carry out box..I asked her what for? Damn pidgeons wouldn't eat it.. Maybe their deep dish pizza is good..we didn't try it. Their Greek salad sucked too..

trapin
03-07-2006, 03:24 AM
Pizza Papalis is famous for their "Chicago Style" pizza. I wasn't aware that they made any other kind of pizza, let alone a thin crust. I haven't eaten at that place in ages, so I don't remember if I liked it or not.

oldzzy
03-07-2006, 07:57 AM
If people wanted to get together in the warmer months why not Woodward?

BuddyP
03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Deffinatly Woodward, but though maybe even before.

trapin
03-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I gave some thought to Woodward....we couldn't do it on the actual day of the event. There's like 30 billion cars and twice as many people. The only option I thought might work would be to meet at a park like Stoney Creek on the Friday before of the Sunday after. That's a tricky one to manuever.

astroracer
03-08-2006, 04:47 AM
There's always Bakers in Milford. I work in Troy so I am pretty central to most any location on a work day. As long as I know the right time I can be there... :banghead:

trapin
03-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Next year I'm going to give my cell number to all who are coming. I should have done that this year. Another lesson learned.