PDA

View Full Version : New Hooker Headers from Jet Hot-Dissapointment

NovaPwr
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Got my new super comps Friday and what a crappy sey of headers. And I am not being too fussy. Dents, slag, flanges looked like a beaver chewed out the holes for a couple of the tubes. ( Not Jet Hots Fault there)Coating was not applied everywhere and they were only about half polished. They agreed to take them back and recoat them but they obviously needed a lot of detail work before they were ever coated. May just get a refund and buy a set of uncoated ones, prep them myself then send them to be coated. Also put a straight edge across the head side of the flange and it was bowed on the first tube about 7/16". Probably pull in but is that common? It's a cryin shame they ever made it past quality control. I feel better now. Sorry for the rant.

dhardison
01-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Really Dave??? I've owned 4-5 pairs of Hooker Super Comps (only the most recent pair were JetHot coated) and they've been flawless. My recent JetHot coated pair were coated thoroughly inside and out. If I were you I'd have Jet-Hot send me a completely different pair (assuming you bought they directly from JH).

I feel bad 'cause I provided you the Hooker/JetHot referral....... Maybe you just got a pair made on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon.

Dan

4MuscleMachines
01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I once sent a crusty set of headers to Jet Hot and got them back just as good as new. I have also never had a quality issue with Hooker Super Comps. If you got them coated by Hooker, I recommend you buy them painted first, trail fit them, massage a bit to the fit, then send them to Jet Hot for coating.

NovaPwr
01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Dan, I am going to call in the morning and request they replace them. Both sides were bowed also.I saw your headers and they looked beautiful. I would have been pleased if they were as nice as yours. I will see what happens. Hopefully the next pair will come nicer.

Really Dave??? I've owned 4-5 pairs of Hooker Super Comps (only the most recent pair were JetHot coated) and they've been flawless. My recent JetHot coated pair were coated thoroughly inside and out. If I were you I'd have Jet-Hot send me a completely different pair (assuming you bought they directly from JH).

I feel bad 'cause I provided you the Hooker/JetHot referral....... Maybe you just got a pair made on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon.

Dan

NovaPwr
01-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Jet Hot was happy to exchange the headers for me. New ones arrived today and all I can say is WOW! They are flawless and beautiful just as they should be! Checked them for warpage and they are spot on. Finish is polished everywhere and they did not miss coating them anywhere. No dents this time also. One thing I noticed is the last set arrived in Jet Hot's box and had been opened and resealed. This time, same style Jet Hot box but unopened, staples all still intact and a nice envelope with warranty info and a giant Jet Hot sticker. Did not get that with the first set. I'm not saying that means anything, just something I noticed. Want to say Jet Hot took care of this problem, no hassles, no delays, stand up guys.

Tim_in_NC
01-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Good to hear...

I own one set and am getting ready to purchase set # 2 ... This time they'll be for the '68...

Good Ending...

dhardison
02-01-2006, 04:31 AM
Jet Hot was happy to exchange the headers for me. New ones arrived today and all I can say is WOW! They are flawless and beautiful just as they should be! Checked them for warpage and they are spot on. Finish is polished everywhere and they did not miss coating them anywhere. No dents this time also. One thing I noticed is the last set arrived in Jet Hot's box and had been opened and resealed. This time, same style Jet Hot box but unopened, staples all still intact and a nice envelope with warranty info and a giant Jet Hot sticker. Did not get that with the first set. I'm not saying that means anything, just something I noticed. Want to say Jet Hot took care of this problem, no hassles, no delays, stand up guys.

Glad to hear it Dave. Sounds like they sent you a 'previously-loved' pair of headers the first time.

Dan

NovaPwr
02-01-2006, 05:43 AM
Glad to hear it Dave. Sounds like they sent you a 'previously-loved' pair of headers the first time.

Dan

LOL. Well, you said it, not me. These ones are beautiful. Made my day.