PDA

View Full Version : Fabricator/Shop in Central California?

MadBadger
01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I hope this is the right forum for this question. I am looking for any recommendations for a shop in Central California to do subframe connectors and a 6 or 8 point cage. These are probably going to be some of the first things I do with my Camaro (along with suspension). I do not have the skill, equipment, or space to do this stuff myself, although I wish I did.

Even if I order the pieces, I would still need someone to weld them in, I do have a small wire feed welder, but there's no way I would take on something as important as a cage at this point.

I want to talk to the people who will be doing the work in advance to make sure I'm not putting the cart before the horse so to speak (i.e. I think I need the headliner in before the cage, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

David Pozzi
01-23-2006, 10:59 PM
There is a pretty good drag chassis guy in Salinas, where are you?

MadBadger
01-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Madera. Fresno is the closest big city and it's just south of here. Salinas isn't that far away.

Does the guy do custom cages? I want to be able to talk with the fab guy and have him help with the design of the cage; I have a basic idea of what I want, but I want to make sure it is as safe as possible too.

I went by Cris Alston's Chassisworks last time I was up in the Sacramento area, but with their cage you get what they have. I suppose I could have the welder alter it/modify it, but if that's the case I would rather have them build one from scratch. I think it would fit better than a mass produced cage.

Thanks.

alcino
02-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Whats up,
I grew up in Chowchilla. There should be a few places around fresno. Give this shop a call in Kerman. They can probably help or tell you where to look.

Rick's Automotive(559) 846-8188. 290 South Madera Avenue, Kerman, CA 93630

Former Valley Dairyman
Alcino

MadBadger
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Alcino, thanks, I'll give him a call or stop by next time I get a day off.