PDA

View Full Version : Pedal setup w/Hydraulic clutch

J68Bird
09-28-2004, 12:36 PM
Not sure what forum to ask this question so I'm asking it here.
I need info on what type of pedal setup to get for my 68 Firebird. I'm doing the big brake thing (C5) hybrid setup from Touring Classics and I'm going to use a hydraulic throw out bearing. I've got Tony's book that showed a nice Wilwood pedal setup, but it was for an automatic. I know that Wilwood makes a triple master cylinder setup. Has anyone used this setup and are there any others I should be considering? I've been going to different shows all summer hoping to find someone running this type of setup, but so far no luck. I don't think the East coast has as much going on as the Left coast guys. At least I haven't found it yet.
J.
68 Firebird Conv.
(under construction)

TurboLark
09-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Good luck with that hydro to bearing. My friend and I wasted 4 of em on our trucks(slow offroad stuff). They always blew the seals out. We went to a slave cylinder setup and havnt had problems since.
The wilwood stuff is nice. They seem to have a few different pedal length, so you may want to get a catalog to see which one will be best for you.

justanova
09-28-2004, 04:15 PM
also check out tilton, there pedals are made out of steel so they are easier to modify if you have to for pedal placement. I think both are good quality pieces so its just preference on alum(wilwood) or steel(tilton).