PDA

View Full Version : Electric to Mech Fuel pump?

tunerdude
01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a mild 400hp 350 sbc thats carburated and I have a holley bluepump on it with a regulator. The unit is notoriously noisey. RRRRRRRRRRR. I would much rather run a mechanical fuel pump. Should I be worried that it will not supply enough fuel pressure? I see those mechanical fuel pumps that can pump up to 50 psi and I can still use my reguator. Any reason not to go from an electric to a Mechanical? Should I stick to the electric and just get an intank pump? I am sick of the Bluepump being louder then my flowmaster 40s.

LowBuckX
01-21-2006, 12:18 AM
www.racepumps.com is all you need.

sporter
01-23-2006, 06:21 PM
I run a decent mechanical pump for the street and have an electric pusher pump for the track. Both regulated. Personally, I've never heard an electric pump that was not too dang loud for street driving. But I like my cars to be quiet...until the hammer drops.

CarlC
01-26-2006, 02:07 PM
A stock pump with a 3/8" feed line will likely support 400hp.

If you want to upgrade a bit, go with a Carter Street Pump. Self-regulated, fits most GM frames very well, and is reasonably priced. There's pics of one on my website.

6'9"Witha69
01-26-2006, 02:36 PM
A stock pump with a 3/8" feed line will likely support 400hp.

If you want to upgrade a bit, go with a Carter Street Pump. Self-regulated, fits most GM frames very well, and is reasonably priced. There's pics of one on my website.
The aftermarket pumps can feed well over 400 hp. I run a Mechanical Carter on mine with 508 hp. I have never ran the bowls out. They really do clear most all frames since the base can be clocked so the in/out lines don't hit anything.