PDA

View Full Version : What ones?

baz67
08-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok I have it narrowed down to these two.http://www.fikse.com/profil5s.html and http://www.uswheel.com/bonspeed/images/wheels/delta30.jpg I know there is around a grand difference in price. That is a factor, but not a deal breaker. I guess all things being equal and cost not being a factor what ones would you guys chose and why.

Thanks again,
Brian

zbugger
08-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Personally, I think the Fikse wheels would most likely go better with the paint choice you've made. Unless you want the wheels to outshine everything. Then again, that's my opinion and I ----> :Alcy:

TonyL
08-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Im at a loss without seeing the car, but the fikse rims look cool.

JamesD
08-15-2004, 10:30 PM
its a hard call. i love fikses, but the deltas look pretty good too. the chevelle that HotRod did on the power tour had the deltas but black powder coated and they looked real good. but in the end i'd probably go with the fikses.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
I like the Fikse's personally. :3gears:

mdprovee
08-16-2004, 07:02 AM
I like the Fiske also. Just my 2 cents.

Mike

dennis68
08-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Bonspeeds for sure. Fiske has become a wanna-be wheel, in other words everybody is breaking the bank to have "the mule" wheels and I beleive it's because of the magazine coverage from Stielow. I have seen stone stockers with cut coils and Fiske's claiming to be "pro-tour". Fiske builds a real nice wheel but I like the Bonspeeds better.

cjhutch
08-16-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Denny, I hang around with a lot of guys that drive BMW's and I can't tell you how many times I've seen that wheel or HRE's on top of that. Go with the Bonspeed and be a little different. I'm using thiswheel (http://community.webshots.com/photo/146371584/154906214aPjLEF) , and I'm sure some of you have seen it before, plus the whole set only cost me 650 bucks.

68RallySport
08-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Fikse, unless the other are cheaper, they are similar enough for the second ones curves to grow on me with little time needed...
David

jonny51
08-16-2004, 04:56 PM
I "HAD" the Fikse profil5's in the polished finish.Apparentley everybody enterd the shop where my car was made a comment on how nice they looked.

nitrovette
08-16-2004, 05:47 PM
i like the fiske profil5's better

XcYZ
08-17-2004, 04:45 AM
It comes down to personal preference I guess, but the Fikse are 3 piece forged wheels and the Bonspeed are your typical billet welded wheel (that look damn good, BTW).

I say Fikse.

ViperBlue68
08-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey CJHUTCh where did u find the STEAL on the wheels??

zbugger
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Dammit.... I didn't get any pictures because it was too pretty, but I think that those are the same wheels that Vince Davie is running on his 71.... Damn nice too.

StRacerDuke
08-17-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm with J.T.
Where did you get that price on the Wheels? You know something that we should? Teach us oh wise one...

jonny51
08-18-2004, 06:56 AM
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yzf560/detail?.dir=/b6dd&.dnm=1751.jpg
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yzf560/detail?.dir=/b6dd&.dnm=7171.jpg

cjhutch
08-18-2004, 02:40 PM
The wheels are the ones that Jon that now works for Budnik was using on his 69 camaro and I believe 2000 Camaro SS. I fell in love when I saw them. The bolt pattern is actually for a BMW, but it's very close to the GM 5x4.75 bolt pattern, so close that it actually bolted right up. I don't have the wheels on the car yet, but they looked great when I did a test fit. I also had to buy some spacers to fix the offset. All together I spent $955.00 to get these wheels to fit my car. Not bad considering they are 18x8 and weigh only 27lbs. Now for the good stuff. The wheels are made by HP Racing and are called the Evo. I purchased them from a guy on eBay who has a company that's a distributor for HP Racing. I will see if I contact him for those interested. If interested just shoot me an email so I won't have to hijack the post. :doh:

baz67
08-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Thanks Jonny51. I was hoping you would chime in because I knew you HAD them. Sorry about that again. Were those 17's or 18's? I am leaning towards the Fikse's for the reason that Zbugger stated. The raw machined look would go better with my color choice which is a metalic silver/green. Sort of like the the color on the Chevy Trailblazers. Still a damn hard choice since I can pocket a cool grand on the Bonspeeds.
Brian

Q ship
08-18-2004, 08:12 PM
they are 18x8 and weigh only 27lbs.
How do the weights of the Bonspeeds compare to the Fikses? My rear C5 "wagon wheels" are 18x9.5 and only weigh 21 lbs. Brian, at the prices you're looking at you have to think about more than looks. Can either wheel be repaired if a rim is bent(replaceable rims)? I know the CCW wheels can have the rims replaced for a lower price than a new wheel. Just my .02.

baz67
08-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Q ship, that is a good point and trust me it is not only for looks. The Fikse are a true three piece racing wheel and any part can be replaced if it is damaged. On the other hand the Bonspeeds can only be repaired. Like most things you get what you pay for. They are both great wheels for thier intended design and use. I will not need the Fikse's for 90% of what the car is going to be used for. It is just the other 10 that I do not want to worry about. That is where the styling come into play. As for the weight difference, I do not know and will look into it. That is a good point.

One of the reasons I posted the question is so I can get the many opinions that have been stated. It is helping me sort out exactly what I want. I like the styling on both about the same. It is the finish on the Fikse's I like better. Well anyway you all are a great help in this.
Brian

dennis68
08-18-2004, 09:34 PM
The Fikse are a true three piece racing wheel and any part can be replaced if it is damaged. I will not need the Fikse's for 90% of what the car is going to be used for. It is just the other 10 that I do not want to worry about.
Brian

True-Fiske are a true 3-peice wheel

True-they can be repaired if damaged. So can the Bonspeeds at any number of faculties throughout the US where as the Fiske’s need to go back to him for repair.

Are Fiske wheels much stronger, maybe? A good friend and co-worker runs his 69 Camaro 7-10 times a year at a variety of road course events. It has been clocked on radar repeatedly at over 160MPH. He runs an old O.Z. wheel, same wheels for over a decade now and that includes lots of short courses as well. This car has way over 75K into it and that is doing his own work, this thing is state of the art. Halon system, cage, pressurized wet sump, reinforced everything and he feels no need to pop for 1K/ea. wheels. Buy what you want, but I wouldn't base my whole decision of buying Fiske on strength alone, guys have gone plenty fast without them for a long time.

I may be a little biased 'cause I like them but can't pry that kind of cash out of the BOSS' hands for rims.

XcYZ
08-19-2004, 04:53 AM
I agree Brian, I love the machined look, too. I went with the brushed finished on center sections of my HRE's for that very reason. It just gives them a different look.

TRILOGYZ28
08-19-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Denny, I hang around with a lot of guys that drive BMW's and I can't tell you how many times I've seen that wheel or HRE's on top of that. Go with the Bonspeed and be a little different. I'm using thiswheel (http://community.webshots.com/photo/146371584/154906214aPjLEF) , and I'm sure some of you have seen it before, plus the whole set only cost me 650 bucks.

ahhhh, the HP Racing "lightning"..........those are sweet!

cjhutch
08-19-2004, 02:22 PM
I got in contact with the guy, for those that want to know a set of four 18x8 are $550 and the staggered pattern of 18x8 front and 18x9 rear are $598.

jonny51
08-20-2004, 07:51 AM
I like the machined look also.During the 3rd week of production I tried to change my finish Travis said no can do its to late.10 weeks later they finished up and the wheels looked great but i still think they could have changed them(but what do I know).Fikse customer service was pretty poor IMO.
Baz I think we talked about this but my wheels "were" 18x12 BS 5.875