PDA

View Full Version : harwood products

dgumoe
01-20-2006, 08:01 AM
so a buddy of mine is in need of the nose on my elcamino. it just so happens i have a spare nose off of an 81 (different headlight design) that i like better than my current 84 so im willing to part with it. problem is i only have one hood and he wants it. so i was looking at harwood hoods but this car already had a glass hood on it and i was not happy at all with the fit (bowed in the middle wipers couldnt "park" and it flapped like crazy at speed.) i do believe it was an unlimited products hood and that may have been the problem. so now im considering a glass hood again, but it will be a harwood providing you guys can convince me of the quality of the product they offer. anyone here have experience with their bolt on hoods? do they look right? are they warped? does everything work like it should (i.e the damn wiper blades move without interference?) thanks in advance. -jon

martZ
01-20-2006, 09:36 AM
I went from a Goodmark cowl hood to a Harwood fiberglass bolt-on on my '78 Camaro. The difference was day and night between the two. I spent countless hours blocking my Goodmark hood to try to get the slightly visable low spots out of it. It had typical pop can effect from the stamping so, it was difficult to see until I reprimed. It irritated me so much I switched to the Harwood. I don't know if I got lucky, but the hood was perfect. I added no filler what so ever. It's been three years and I'm still satisfied with their product. I'll be purchasing another Harwood shortly for my '69 Camaro.

dgumoe
01-20-2006, 11:29 AM
excellent, the consensus from the elcamino forum is the same. well at least from the guys who arent "steel is real" fanatics. guess ill be ordering soon. thanks