PDA

View Full Version : '71 Pro Touring Chevelle project (with PIX)

71ProTouringChevelle
01-19-2006, 10:50 AM
Howdy guys & gals!

I've been lurking here for a while and finally joined the fray. Most of my internet involvement has been over on Team Chevelle where I'm known as "riskyvt".

Here's the rundown of my current Chevelle restoration project: I'm taking a plain jane 1971 Chevelle Malibu and giving it the full Pro Touring treatment. To date, I've completed the following:

1. Full body-off restoration & paint of the body shell in a metallic grey.
2. Complete reconditioning of the chassis including a powdercoated frame, Moser 12-bolt rear end, Global West front control arms w/Del-A-Lum bushings, QA-1 coil-over conversion kit on front, Hotchkis rear suspension and BAER 4-wheel disc brakes.
3. All new 540" Gen VI BBC engine with MPFI, Comp Cams valvetrain, 4340 forged internals and AFR 335CNC cylinder heads.
4. Richmond 6-speed ROD transmission
5. Hydro-boost brake kit with Wilwood billet master cylinder.
6. Rock Valley stainless steel fuel tank with internal fuel pump.
7. Vintage Air FrontRunner accessory drive kit & Gen II A/C system.

There's more, but by the time I type it all out I could have installed more parts! My main focus right now is to get the engine installed, started and have the car moveable under its own power.

Check out pictures & restoration timeline at the '71 Pro Touring Chevelle website listed in my signature below.

derekf
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the site, 71ProTouringChevelle (surely you've got an easier-to-type name). You've made quite a bit of progress since last time I saw your site.

69Nova
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Why is this in the "The Emergency Room"?

71ProTouringChevelle
01-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Why is this in the "The Emergency Room"?

Beats me! I didn't put it here...

6'9"Witha69
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Let me be the first to say,

:postpics:

6'9"Witha69
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
OOOOPS. Didn't see the website!

Ohio Cutlass
12-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I just bought a 1971 Chevelle and I have alot of people by my side with this resto. I'm a little nervous about cost and skill but I'm nervous I ain't scared!! So I'll be inspired by your work and those that have helped you with your car. Take this as a pat on the back and job well done. Now go and enjoy!!! I hope to meet you in person at and event so stay in touch. I'm in Columbus, Ohio we have a Goodguys show here in the summer. If you have events in your area keep me posted so I can attend. I use to own Olds cutlasses but the resto price tag was a bit high so I went with my true love the bowtie!!!