PDA

View Full Version : Another addict on the site

Fast68back
01-18-2006, 04:37 PM
After finding this site a couple weeks ago I signed up so I could check out some of the incredible rides I have seen on this site. After spending most of last night reading the post about Bob Johnsons Cuda, I realized there are some pretty amazing people on here as well. I was truly amazed at what a down to earth guy Bob is, as well as many of that that replied to the post about his car.

My car is a 1968 Mustang Fastback that has been in my family for many, many years. My dad bought it in the early seventies with plans to drop his 427 in it and drag race it, luckily he never did. He drove it for a few years and it was stolen in the mid seventies and the car was put up in storage until 2002 when I drug it back to Texas and begin rebuilding, replacing, and restomodding it. No, it will never, ever be an Eleanor. It is the first car I can remember ever sitting in as a child, so I am very attached to this car.

Currently:
302, Holley 4 barrel, JBA headers, WC T-5, cable clutch, Currie 9" rear w/. 3:73's, Explorer rear disk brakes, 5 leaf standard springs, 7/8 rear sway bar, 13" Baer "Track" disk brakes on the front, 620 springs, rollerized spring perches, 1-1/8 front sway bar

What the future holds:
Stroked 302 (probably 347), T-5z, Hydraulic clutch, "performance" Upper and lower control arms, Adjustable strut rods, Aluminum radiator with electric fan, A/C (it is Texas), Power windows, Sport buckets, tilt wheel, some type of R&P set up or FR quick steer box, Tilt wheel, autometer gauge cluster, Kenwood/Inifinty stereo system, 17" Vintage 45's

Since my dad gave me the car I would really like to get it finished before the Power Tour 2007 and take my son and dad on it, that would be to cool...Now if I could just win the damn lottery to pay for all my drempt up ideas..

Thanks for readng and providing a site to get ideas and chat with like minded people...

Here are a couple pictures or you can see more project pictures on my Cardomain site ( I hope its OK to mention them here) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541371

TonyL
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Welcome! Nice car.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the site.

steemin
01-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the site.
It is always great to have another Mustang guy on board.
(and a fastback as an added bonus)
Looks like you have a nice project with some cool plans.
It is always good to hear about projects that have some long term
sentimental ties.
Scott

p.s. Consider using your first name in your posts.
Most of us do and it seems to help make this place
friendly and informal. :twothumbs

CAMAROBOY69
01-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Welcome to the site. Not only is your car green but I am. With envy. I have dreamed of owning a 67-68 Fastback mustang since the new Gone in 60 seconds came out. Keep us updated on the progress and keep the pics coming. Do a search in this site for "Project Gotham Racing 3". I posted some 67-68 Shelby GT500 pics in there and videos that you might enjoy. :)

Fast68back
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the encouraging words. I had actually planned on having the car done by now, except my ex wife decided she wanted custody of our son after three years so I have been fighting that in court the past 18 months, I would have much rather bought a stroked crate engine than buy a set of implants for my lawyers wife.......

rick

derekf
01-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard, Rick. Glad to see another Mustang.

What part of the Metroplex are you in?

Fast68back
01-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Derek, I'm right next to DFW, Euless/Grapevine.

DarkBuddha
01-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have another Ford and Mustang guy on the scene to diversify some more. Keep us posted on your progress... we love progress updates.