PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker new poster from NH

Beegs
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, strange thing the internet. I have been reading on this site a very long time. So long that in a strange way I feel like I know most of you. I figured it was time time to grow some balls, overcome my fear of typing at agonizingly slow speeds and start posting. I have a few shots of my car and I will post them as soon as I figure out how. The car is a 1969 camaro plain jane x11. It has the original paint on it (hugger orange) The black interior is perfect. Car needs to have the body done although things like the trunk and floor are perfect.

I bought the car a year ago and I'm close to calling it project STALLED. I have not been able to do a thing to it due to moving, building a new house etc.. looking to start on it early summer if all goes well. Nice to be a member of a great bunch of people at this site.

Beegs
PS: I typed this in record time! 32 MINUTES LOL

Ralph LoGrasso
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the site, Beegs. I'm glad to see you joined the forum.

dropit69
01-18-2006, 01:44 PM
welcome..there is no shortage of 69 camaros on here..and although i can type with a half way decent spend i work the heck out of the spell check button..lol..cant wait to see pics of your ride..gotta love hugger orange..!!

kman67rsss
01-21-2006, 01:29 PM
welcome to the site. im in southern NH, outside manchester. Do you by any chance know the kettles, beverley and david? they live up your way in strafford also.

David Pozzi
01-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Welcome,
Keep typing and you will get better at it!
I was pretty lousy, I hadn't typed much since high school!

Beegs
01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I am originally from Rochester NH, moved here in April of '05 so I don't know very many people here yet in Strafford. Are the Kettles members here?

New record: I typed the above in 10 minutes flat!

Bryan Begin AKA: Beegs

67Sally
01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the site.
W.

derekf
01-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Welcome aboard, Bryan. Glad to have you.

Post up if you need any help posting the pics. A lot of members use www.imageshack.us for their image hosting; they provide the code to put in your post so it's pretty painless.

Beegs
01-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I will give imageshack a look at soon.
The rear diff in the car only held up to 5 brakestands! Of course I had no reason to believe there was no oil in it. The pinion bearing locked up tight as a frog's a** Apparently the previous owner (after installing a 4:10 gearset and posi unit) had a brain cramp and didn't put any oil in the diff. So there I was, after wrestling the car back to the garage with my Bobcat, with the car up on jackstands, ready to catch some oil with my pan and all I got was a face full of bearing debris! Bummer! So there goes my first of many credit card transactions for new gears, install kit and some OIL!!

Beegs

Beegs
01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Well I've got a few shots of the car as I bought it. Original paint, key buzzer still works, dome light works, wiring is not all hacked up, mint floors, solid trunk. Needs a right rear quarter and outer wheelhouse, bottom of both front fenders fixed etc.... It had a CPP front disc kit put on. I put 2" drop springs on the front.

Those horrid wheels are soon to be tossed!! The guy I bought it from had no info on the motor. Seems pretty stout, the stall is pretty loose.

" I HAVE A DREAM" : 30 cups of DSE, add 1 cup of Nelson Racing Engines 427 SBC, a dash of hydroboost, a sprinkling of Wilwood, a touch of Frontrunner, 2 cups of Tremec, 1 cup of Mcleod, 4 cups of Forgeline, 1000 cups Hugger orange, let simmer over next winter and boot it in the A$$ in the spring. No, I don't cook, hell the only thing I used to make were Froot Loops, now milk gives me the S**TS.

Beegs