PDA

View Full Version : Drier Location

Phillip_L
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Hello,

I am installing a Vintage air kit. I know the drier needs to go after the condenser and before the evaporator. Does not matter where? Closer to the evaperator or closer to the condensor? I would like to mount it on the radiator support right out of the condensor.

Thanks.

Phillip

MrQuick
01-16-2006, 10:11 PM
that should be fine.

scogin918
01-17-2006, 06:23 AM
I've got a picture that i will post later when i get home. It's from Detroit Speed and it's of a car they have in their shop now with their Vintage Air kit installed on it. They put the drier on the passengers side with a bracket mounted to the inner lip of the fender ahead of the inner-fenderwell but behind the original battery location.

KUL FIR CHICK N
01-17-2006, 08:33 PM
The best location is in front of the radiator in the cool air stream. The worst place is near the hot exhaust. Next to the battery tray is o.k. but not optimum.

The drier contains the liquid refrigerant which you have just taken the heat out of with the condenser. The engine bay has all of he heat given off by the engine, plus all of the heat dumped from the radiator and the condenser.

The liquid leaving the condenser is in the neighborhood of 150 degrees. If the environment the drier is placed in is warmer than the liquid, you will loose efficiency, if it is cooler, you will gain efficiency.

Bottom line, if you can fit it in front, that is where it should go. The sure fit kit from VA mounts it on a bracket mounted to the condenser.

Ryan