PDA

View Full Version : Rick's Tanks, any problems?

justforfun
01-15-2006, 03:55 PM
I am trying to decide on tank/cell setup and wanted to find out how many people have had starvation issues with Rick's Tanks?

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13813&highlight=ricks+tank

The stealth setup looks pretty sweet, but there is no point in spending that kind of cash if the baffles don't solve the problem. Maybe the OE style FI tanks have better low fuel pickup.

pushrod243
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Mine does have starvation issues below half of a tank under had acceleration. I havent heard anyone else complain about it but kinda sux. My setup is a bit different than thier standard Aeromotive setup. I have two Bosch pumps inside the tank with the second pump that will be controlled by a hobbs switch or my fast injection controller to come on when the car sees 3lbs of boost. I do not have the turbo manifolds built yet so I am driving it with one pump on my naturally aspirated 502. Not sure if there is a fix but just discovered it was doing this last month. Hopefully the second pump will help but for now just keeping the tank full or my foot out of the throttle.

David Pozzi
01-16-2006, 09:02 PM
We just bought a Rick's tank for carb use, the pickup is all the way up front covered by a rounded baffle. I'm thinking of adding a mid tank pickup before we before put fuel in it.
We intend using it for open tracking, and the tank often get's to 1/4 full before we get off the track to refuel.

blown69nova
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I used their Stealth tank on my Nova with NO starvation problems.
Steve