PDA

View Full Version : ls1 to wayne due sub frame?

Mark Smith
01-14-2006, 11:32 AM
just finished installing c4 WD sub in 69 camaro.now im trying to set up f bodied ls1 in chassis.from looking at most pop hotrod features it appears that all stock accessories will work.question is what motor mounts to use.motor with stock pan dosent appear to clear cross memeber without putting motor into firewall.looking at articles it appears firewalls are un modified.man any help would be really appreciated.kind of a hick up in progess but thats what makes this hobbie interesting.

MrQuick
01-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Unless the frame was built for the LS engine your probably have to modify the oil pan pan just as if it were a stock frame. Mod can be found here (http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435704)
If you do a search the ATS mount sets the engine up in the optimum spot.

68fusion
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Ours went in without a problem. S&P sells some mounts and I think wayne will give or did give drawing or plans for MM for his frame w/ls1. We just put our own together.

Ron S
01-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I had the same problem with a Fatman Fabbricators subframe in my 68 Camaro,if I got the ls1 motor where it looked like it belongs,the motor was deep into the firewall,and the balancer was hitting the rack.I ended up moving the engine back about 3.5 inches,recessing the firewall.It turned out really well,but was pretty time consuming.Should help with weight distribution,launching and handling.