PDA

View Full Version : 72 Chevy Pro Tour P.U.

PTS
09-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Hello!

I am new to the pro tour scene and I have a few questions. I want to pro tour a 72 SWB P.U. and I am really leaning towards a four link rear to accomodate mainly handling, and 18x13 wheels. The typical 4 link to me is designed to go straight but I want to be able to canyon run this truck. What suggestions or does anyone done a 4 link rear in this format. The front will be a bolt in crossmember coil over front from Fatman Fab. I am ready to get started and don't want to spend dollars for something that will not work.

Thanks,

Perry

yody
09-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Well i am not sure, but a lot of those trucks cam with the "truck arm suspension" which is already a good suspension, my friend has a 70 C10 and it has this type of suspension stock. Also you can fit huge meats in the back by only making a bigger inner fender which is easy.

CoryM
09-26-2004, 07:55 PM
If you have the coil sprung rear you are in luck. It may be hard to believe but those soft, rolling rear ends will actually stick if you add a correctly sized swaybar and good (wide) tires to it. I dont know which size bar is best though as my new 70 is totally stock and my other 70 is leaf sprung. Once you control the roll in the back of the coil sprung trucks they will actually hold corners fairly well for a truck. ON thing to consider as well is modifying it to add some more antisquat (adding a torque arm/pivots etc).