PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech Select Series coilover module advice

68Eleanor
12-17-2023, 02:53 PM
Hi, hi I'm new on here and hoping someone can help me, I've been in the process of getting my 68 fastback restored, it's been a long old project and around 10 years ago, purchased a 4 link rear end kit with the select series coilover including the module to select sport/comfort mode. Unfortunately the previous builder has most likely lost the module and the wiring and ridetech no longer sells the module kit. I've been in touch with them asking for information on the module whether it's a 12v or 5v system etc but they have not responded back. Can anyone here advise how I can go about getting this to work using aftermarket parts if such a thing is available. I've looked on Ebay, Facebook mp and on forums but no luck and I really need to find a solution to this as not in a place where I can replace these. Thank you in advance. Razi

dhutton
12-17-2023, 04:18 PM
You could try sending a PM to member marolf101x. He was the director of engineering at Ridetech back then iirc. If anyone can help you, he can.

@marolf101x
Don

dhutton
12-17-2023, 04:23 PM
Did you see this thread?
https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/118087-What-happened-to-the-RideTech-Select-series-coilover?p=1161849

marolf101x
12-17-2023, 08:03 PM
Don is correct. . .Select Series was one of my projects.
The Select Series parts came from BWI (formerly Delphi suspension division), and are the "bi-state monotube" platform (think GM trucks with Delphi shocks that change valving for towing. . .same parts).
They are triggered by +12V.

I tried attaching PDF's but it didn't like it, so here are some screen shots so you have part numbers for connectors and pinouts for power/ground:

68Eleanor
12-18-2023, 04:41 AM
Thanks everyone, very helpful, I'm going to see if I can get hold of these parts the main being the actual module it self. Hopefully the gm module is the same part or a part that can be used to make this suspension work.

dhutton
12-18-2023, 05:10 AM
I don’t think you need a module. Just a simple switch to apply 12 volts to change the mode. At least that is how I interpreted Britt’s response.

Don

68Eleanor
12-18-2023, 05:58 AM
Really, that's even better, so a 12v switch via a relay will do the job. I'm preety stoked as I thought there was no way of getting these shocks to work without the module.

Thanks again

marolf101x
12-18-2023, 06:25 AM
Again, Don is correct. The shocks just need +12V to "turn on".
When no power is applied, valve stack #1 is working. When +12V power is applied, valve stack #2 is working. That's it. Either/or; bi-state; one or the other but not both.

The little black box we provided was only a breakout for +12V and ground so you had a nice box to plug all the wires into. Super simple.

The safest way to make your system is just as you suggest. . .find a switch you like and have it trigger a relay. The relay provides +12V to all the shocks.