PDA

View Full Version : 69 Chevelle SS Vert

cmurda8
11-14-2023, 09:30 PM
Hi builders, enthusiasts, racers, novices, and everyone else. I'm getting back into building my Chevelle that's sat in the garage for far too long. Frame is completely seam welded and boxed in the rear. I narrowed the rear frame rails about 1.5" on each side and mini-tubbed the wheel wells 2". Just ordered an HPI frame kit today and plan to get some of Phil's front and rear braces to compliment once I get a hold of him. Not going to cage the car since it's a drop top and not a drag car anymore. The car hasn't seen pavement since leaving the Atco Dragway (New Jersey) in 1977.

12-bolt is narrowed 11" (5.5" each side if I remember correctly) with Ford big bearing ends, Detroit TruTrac, Strange 4.10's, and 33 spline Moser axles with 1/2" studs. C6 Big Brakes with Kore3 hardware. Sitting on RideTech full air suspension with double adjustable front and rear shocks.

Power plant is an old school American Muscle 454 Hi perf block .030 over with a forged 427 crank, forged rods/pistions, Total Seal gapless rings and 049 and 781 oval port heads with Comp Cams oversized valves full roller with hydraulic lifters, Weiand Stealth intake, and Holly TBI. Autogear M-22W trans backed by a Gear Vendors Overdrive. McLeod Twin Disc clutch with hydraulic throwout bearing. Got my gas tank from Rick's and 3" exhaust from Magnaflow.

Body was blasted on a rotisserie and coated with Southern Polyurethane Epoxy. Shaved the side markers, badges, firewall, and taillight buckets. I received a shipment of TRZ Solid Aluminum Body Mounts today to keep the body roll to a minimum...this car will have tight clearances and a suspension that moves. Air ride adds complexity, but looks so nice when you lay it down. I'll try to post once in a while to keep you updated. I look forward to reading the comments, suggestions, and everyone's support.210575210581210580210579210578210577210576 210582210573210574