PDA

View Full Version : My 67 Camaro update

navyflyer72
01-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Well she is off to have an alignment and a few small electrical loose ends tied up. I should have her back sometime next week. It will be the first time in 4 years that I have turned the key and driven her... probably doesn't need to be said, but I can't wait! Here she is headed off...

streetrod77
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Cool ride. Those are some big brakes on the front. It fills up the rim nice. If its been 4 years, I know you are more than ready for her. Nice job.

1sick65
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Very nice job. I dig the color combo. What drivetrain are you running?

Damn True
01-12-2006, 03:15 PM
4 years...wow. I'm excited and it isn't even my car!

Haven't driven mine since Aug of 2000

navyflyer72
01-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I am running the original 327 that has been bored .060, TRW forged pistons (9.5:1), Cut crank .010, .190/2.02 heads with roller rockers, and hyd lifters, crane cam, edelbrock air gap intake with a demon 650, msd hei dist w/6AL shock box vintage air front runner, be cool radiator and MKVIII fan w/dc controller, out back I am running the original Saginaw 4 speed that has been completely rebuiltusing hardened gears. I have a 3" aluminum driveshaft (for any later upgrades to horsepower and a Moser 12 bolt running 3.42's for lower hwy rpm cruising (I only have a 4 speed). Baer track 13 inch rotors up front, 12" tour rotors in the back, hydroboost, Global west solid bushings, DS&E dearched leafs, Del-a-lum rear bushings, Ricks stainless tank (narrowed for future mini-tub, bought through DS&E). Bright driver headlights, select-a-speed wiper kit, optima battery in trunk, Sparck front buckets, rear seat re-designed by Stichcraft (yup the guys in Huntington Beach, CA, cost a bunch but looks like they are factory made by Sparco. I have about 75 lbs of dynamat and tac mat, led taillight conversion, upgraded headlight motors, painless 18 curcuit harness, electric life electric windows, lokar trans-tunnel mounted e-brake (a-la Mule, including the aluminum spacer brackets, had to to clear the driveshaft). American Racing Torq thrust II wheels (17x8 rear and 17x7 front)... hmmm, did I leave anything out stereo not complete yet, interior not complete yet Vintage Air gen II compac with the DS&E bracket... I'm sure there's more, but that is the drive train and pretty much everything else.
-George

Johnny Blaze
01-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Nice! What is the color?

vanzuuk1
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
The car looks really nice, get the rear to sit a little lower and it will have a perfect stance.

Rybar
01-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Beautiful Camaro man!

I really like the color combo, brakes and wheels. I love TTII's

I remember loading mine onto the flatdeck a few months back to get some things finalized. I was soooo happy to get it home after 4 months!

navyflyer72
01-13-2006, 02:56 AM
Actually, you are correct,the front is coming up about 1/2 - 3/4 inch to get the fenders off the tires, and the rear is going to come down about 1-2 inches to level out the stance. Can't wait to get her back.

Johnny Blaze
01-13-2006, 05:08 AM
It will ge dead on when you adjust it.

Oh, and what is the color?

Jagarang
01-13-2006, 05:22 AM
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.
I dig the color combo.

What he said!!!

BADVELLE
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Very Nice! Post More Pic's, Soon!

navyflyer72
01-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the compliments, the color is a ford color, paint code TK, I think someone posted the name before it is like shadow or something like that, I will look it up again. I liked it because it was really subtle with the black Z-28 stripes and it changes really slightly with the sun from a dark metallic to a light grey metallic from different angles. The metallic is very slight also.
-George

Johnny Blaze
01-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Cool. Looks very good. Did you install the painless harness? IF so, what did you tihnk about it?

navyflyer72
01-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Johnny,

I did install the painless harness, I think it is probably a "relatively" easy install if you are going back to original specs, but with all of the misc. modern stuff I added it took me a LONG time to install it. I laid it out and zip-tied everything into bundles based on where it was to be routed, with a zip-tie every 2 inches, that helped keep things neat and orderly. Terminating the wire ends was somewhat time consuming. You really need to have all the components, a bunch of ends (weather-paks, or crimp/solder on), and a WHOLE lot of time. As you can see from my description of the car above, there was a lot of non-stock additions. But I also know that it was done right, so that is added piece of mind.
-George