09-17-2023, 10:26 AM
Hey guys,

Looking for some input on my LSA setup.

LSA mods: CVF drive, + 2.5” pulley, ati super damper, LTH
Fuel rail (thinking to modify)
Injectors stock

Fuel regulator Aeromotive A1000 Gen2
Ricks restomod tank, corner pickups.
Ricks Billet hat , aeromotive 340 pump w/ jms fuelmax p2000gm voltage booster.
Also have a Pressureworks zl1 3bar fuel module controller (jms fuelmax output) which I’m not sure if I should be using for this setup as it was originally intended for a zl1 pump?

My guess the motor will be 650-700hp range? Is this setup sufficient? Anything you would suggest to change / not use etc? Should the fuel rail and injectors be upgraded?

thanks

dhutton
09-17-2023, 04:01 PM
I don’t think that controller will work with that pump. Give Carl at Vaporworx a call. He knows his stuff and he’s very helpful.

Don

btmatt
09-18-2023, 06:35 AM
^This

Carl set me up with a LSA setup similar to your goals

Bigblockscott
09-18-2023, 04:25 PM
What are thinking as far as modifying the stock fuel rail?

csouth
09-18-2023, 05:06 PM
If you're using the Restomod tank, why not an LSA module with Vaporworx and bigger pumps? Also you may want to upgrade your injectors

tbal
09-19-2023, 08:50 PM
I have all this stuff so trying to figure out if it’s sufficient.

What size injectors you recommend?

ryeguy2006a
09-20-2023, 05:12 AM
If you're using the Restomod tank, why not an LSA module with Vaporworx and bigger pumps? Also you may want to upgrade your injectors

You basically have two options here. What csouth said and go with a ZL1/CTSV fuel pump that will work perfectly with the Restomod tank and Vaporworx module. Or you need to either modify your fuel rail or get some that will allow you to run a return line. Then you'll use that A1000 pump with a boost referenced fuel regulator. I personally ran the CTSV pump in my Restomod tank and used the Pressureworx module. It was fantastic and was very easy to use and setup. Carl is a fantastic resource as well. If you go the second route and want to sell the pressureworx kit, please send me a PM. :)

As for your other setup, I ran a very similar setup that you have with my LSA engine (Summit Ghost Cam, 2.5" upper, stock lower) and I made 633 HP and 619 TQ on the Dyno. I believe that one of the fuel pumps was failing, but I was running out of fuel in my upper rpm's. I ended up buying the AEM dual 320 lph upgraded pumps in mine and I had no more fuel pressure drop. I also had 850cc fuel injectors and I believe my duty cycle was somewhere in the 80% range WOT.

With the upgraded pulley and shooting for that HP range, you'll definitely need to upgrade your stock 56 lb fuel injectors. I'd go with 1000cc to be on the safe side, and it would give you some room if you decided to run e85. The stock fuel rail will support the fuel required for your HP goals, but if you choose to go with a return fuel system you'll need to modify or replace. I personally ran Five-0 motorsports injectors, but have heard good things about FIC. You may also want to check to see if any vendors here have another good option for you.

btmatt
09-20-2023, 01:12 PM
^This

Carl set me up with a LSA setup similar to your goals

We are running ID 850cc injectors; stock wont meet the goals you have set

csouth
09-20-2023, 04:39 PM
Like ryeguy2006a said 1000 would be a great choice. I have FIC injectors on my LSA setup and have had no issues.

DocsTa
09-25-2023, 01:41 PM
You will need a second pump or a bigger single. Carl is definitely a resource to talk to. His returnees system works well, but you already have most of what you need.

tbal
09-28-2023, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I’m gonna revert back to the zl1 pump. I only got the 340 as per ricks tanks suggestion…

Is gm performance zl1 pump same quality as the aC delco one? AC delco one is far cheaper which is suspect

ryeguy2006a
09-28-2023, 05:34 PM
Even a zl1 pump may have a tough time with that hp level.

tbal
09-28-2023, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I’m gonna revert back to the zl1 pump. I only got the 340 as per ricks tanks suggestion…

Is gm performance zl1 pump same quality as the aC delco one? AC delco one is far cheaper which is suspect

dhutton
09-28-2023, 07:25 PM

Yes in my experience.

csouth
09-29-2023, 03:07 PM
Even a zl1 pump may have a tough time with that hp level.

Correct, if he goes with the zl1 pump he should probably upgrade. Last i remember Carl had found a way to upgrade those also and use the factory sump.

btmatt
09-30-2023, 03:47 AM
Correct, if he goes with the zl1 pump he should probably upgrade. Last i remember Carl had found a way to upgrade those also and use the factory sump.

Correct. I purchased his super ZL1 setup. ZL1 bucket with upgraded pump

ryeguy2006a
10-25-2023, 02:34 AM
Have you seen what the ctsv fuel pump assemblies are selling for now?

andrewb70
10-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Have you seen what the ctsv fuel pump assemblies are selling for now?

What is the part number that is the expensive one now days?

Also, I agree that stock injectors will not meet the power goals. I use Holley Terminator X branded 120lb injectors with the Dominator ECU and all that works well.

Andrew

ryeguy2006a
10-25-2023, 11:03 AM
ACDelco Fuel Pump MU1886, price ranges from $1500-2500!

NorCal-SS
10-26-2023, 08:27 AM
Guys with gen2 CTSVs will tell you the plastic fitting on the pump hat is prone to cracking. I was able to find one of the broken dual pump assemblies for $100 on eBay. Guys that have the issue are forced to replace the entire assembly. I was able to disassemble the bucket and replace the broken plastic elbow with an AN fitting while I swapped the OEM pumps for the doushe works pumps. Saved a bunch of money doing it this way. Issue will be finding someone selling a broken pump assembly.