PDA

View Full Version : Project Sinister panel replacement.

96Z28SS
01-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Well here is an update on the panel repair.
The trunk wasn't that bad, but I figured what the hell replace the whole thing with a full piece. Tail panel wasn't too bad either but they must of backed into stuff all the time it had alot of dings in it, so I'm replacing it.

96Z28SS
01-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I took these pics today, slowly working its way back to looking like a camaro again.

aonghus
01-26-2006, 01:32 AM
very cool stuff Robert....

I am going to be doing almost exactly what you're doing in the next few weeks/months, and that is some good motivation!

did you build the roller/frame for your car?

and I thought I had read in a few places to replace the quarters with the car sitting on its leaf spring perches...

looking good though boss, keep the pictures comin

C

stealth71
01-26-2006, 05:17 AM
Looking good. I need to do this to my Chevelle soon, but have never done panel replacement before. Any tips for the new guy?

96Z28SS
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM
very cool stuff Robert....

I am going to be doing almost exactly what you're doing in the next few weeks/months, and that is some good motivation!

did you build the roller/frame for your car?

and I thought I had read in a few places to replace the quarters with the car sitting on its leaf spring perches...

looking good though boss, keep the pictures comin

C

I bought the cart from the Auto Twirler website then bought some square steel tube to make it longer cause it doesn't come long enough in my opinion. It is mounted to the rear leaf spring mount, then there is a jack where thefront leaf spring mounts to. then its attached where the front subframe is mounted to. its a real solid cart I like it.
It was only $250 when I bought it. I spent another $85 in steel to make it longer and make the attachemnt brackets to the frame rails.

I really don't have any tips cause the guy who is helping me do the work on the car restores cars for a living, so he knows all the tricks of the trade.

aonghus
01-26-2006, 10:51 PM
thanks for the info!

I kept lookin at your car today while I was at work, wishing I was that far along

keep it up :)