PDA

View Full Version : Any Aussie Members Here?

OldTimer
05-09-2023, 05:28 AM
Hi from the US of A. Looking for some members down under who can help me locate a particular vendor down in Australia. I came across a guy at a car show who has imported a '76 Ford Falcon XB, V8 Intercepter. It was stunning, and I only had time to briefly talk to the owner, but its black and all decked out like a MadMax themed car, complete with a display in the trunk of the knee brace, shotgun, and shells in a belt.

207457 207458 207459

The guy told me that the hood hinges he installed this past winter in the car were made by a small machine shop in Australia that makes specialty parts for a number of different cars. He also said these hinges were made better than anything sold in the USA and even with shipping they were much cheaper than anything from Ring Brothers or any other custom parts shop here. I failed to get any contact info from him about the shop, was hoping that maybe one of you guys might know of his source. Don't know if I'll run into him again at a show this year. TIA for any leads or suggestions.-Mike

Aussie
05-16-2023, 02:17 PM
Could be these guys?

http://blisscustommachining.com.au/item_44/XA--XB-FORD-FALCON-BILLET-BONNET-HINGES--POLISHED.htm

OldTimer
05-26-2023, 06:06 AM
I sent them an email asking if they're the ones. I think they are, but it looks like they only make hinges for Australian cars?

Edit: Got a quick response and they are in fact the source for those billet hinges I saw on the Falcon. Small family-run business and she told me that while they haven't built any for 1st Gen Camaros or Firebirds they are looking into it.

Aussie
05-30-2023, 10:24 PM
There are definitely enough 1st gen Camaros here for them to make. There could be more than XA to XC Falcons