PDA

View Full Version : Where did you hide your ECM

ProdigyCustoms
01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
So were did you hide your computor on your first gen Camaro?

ProStreet R/T
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Let me see if I can find the pics of one I worked on. We built a custom center console to fit between the buckets seats, which had a flip flip up top. PCM was inside the console, made it very easy to plug in the laptop and pull datalogs etc.

Jagarang
01-11-2006, 05:30 AM
DAMN....I knew we didn't think of something when we had Wabbit build us that console! I say we take a hacksaw to the bitch and follow ProStreets idea. It's to pretty right now anyway!

Steve Chryssos
01-11-2006, 06:48 AM
We're thinking about that now on Jim Mulvey's car. One thought was to make an insulated and hinged filler panel between the wheelhouse and the firewall Puts everything between the panel and the fender. That's wasted space that could be put to good use.

ProdigyCustoms
01-11-2006, 06:49 AM
DAMN....I knew we didn't think of something when we had Wabbit build us that console! I say we take a hacksaw to the bitch and follow ProStreets idea. It's to pretty right now anyway!

LOL!

ProdigyCustoms
01-11-2006, 06:50 AM
We're thinking about that now on Jim Mulvey's car. One thought was to make an insulated and hinged filler panel between the wheelhouse and the firewall Puts everything between the panel and the fender. That's wasted space that could be put to good use.

Great minds think alike.

J-Rod
01-11-2006, 10:05 AM

haha, that's exactly where I put mine.

130fe
01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I put mine in the glove box area on a piece of thin sheetmetal. Currently I just have a non air heater box, but when I install the Vintage Air unit (after I get back from the desert- next month) I will have to modify it. The glove boxes aren't that big anyways.

justforfun
01-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I am pretty far from putting the interior back together, but it looks like it will fit underneath the radio head unit as long as you don't mind not having an ashtray. I am hoping that with this location I won't have to extend any wires from the factory harness.

Whistler
01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I put mine in the glovebox also. I made a panel that has my XFI box on one side, and the Edist on the other. There's still room for registation and sunglasses and crap like that.

black67ls1
01-18-2006, 06:40 AM
I put my ECM under the dash above and a little to the right of the gas pedal. I went to the chevy dealer and bought a plastic mount for the ECM of an S-10. The 2000 LS1 ECM snapped right in and I was able to put two screws through tabs on the mount up through the cowl. The screws are visible, but once the cowl vent panel was on it was no big deal. BTW, the harness was built by Speartech and I routed the bundle of wires in through the blower motor hole via a custom cover panel. I cut a notch in the top edge of the kick panel vent hole where the wires enter under the dash.

EFI69Cam
01-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess I'm old-school. Mines under the passenger front seat. The harness is routed to the firewall under the carpet right next to the tranny tunnel. I used a piece of the oval shaped convolute tube for the wires, and you can't see or feel the harness under the carpet.

This is an Accel DFI Gen 7 btw.

Steve68
01-19-2006, 02:30 PM
In a box on the shelf in the garage,

ertoys
02-22-2006, 02:46 PM
LOL!
In a box on the shelf in the garage,

Stu Seitz
02-22-2006, 05:11 PM
PCM replaced my heater.

Nine Ball
02-22-2006, 07:00 PM
I fabbed up a bracket and welded it to the top of the firewall under the dash. The PCM rests just above and to the right of the glove box insert.

Steve68
02-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Tony's got the right idea, somewhere where it won't interfer with HA/Cand all the duct work in the dash,

my69rocks
03-07-2006, 10:06 AM
What year was the S-10 or the part number for the mounting unit?