PDA

View Full Version : It LIVES! Sound Clip inside

Nine Ball
09-26-2004, 06:10 AM
I finished up the fuel system yesterday, which was my last major component required to start the car up for the first time. What is awesome is that it started on the first crank! I guess I had all my wires, tubes, and sensors correct haha.

Here is a sound clip: www.ls1tech.com/69Camaro/69startup.wav

350ci LS6
Stage 2R ported LS6 heads
Forged internals
230/230 hydraulic cam
Magnacharger supercharger
Stainless Works long tube headers
Stainless Works dual 3" exhaust with X-pipe and turbo mufflers

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I'll be getting the car dyno tuned this week! Can't wait to drive it :seizure:

Tony

Andrew McBride
09-26-2004, 06:58 AM
man, that is one beautiful engine. Great job. Your car is incredible. I always liked the fact you have kept your car with that original look of a classic 69, but with a few extreme mods for a well rounded performance car. Great job

Any updates on the interior? I hope to see that car at some shows in Texas before long!

Andrew

907rs
09-26-2004, 07:00 AM
Man that sounds sick! Cant wait to see a clip of that thing rollin'.

CAMAROBOY69
09-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Congrats! Did you figure out what you were going to do for a hood? When we talked in Chicago you were trying to debate on a 4" hood to clear the supercharger. :dunno:

Nine Ball
09-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Magnacharger was kind enough to take my previous supercharger and exchange it with one of their lower profile setups (designed for the new GTO). It fits under the stock steel cowl hood. I'm glad too, I like the height of the stock hood.

Interior pics later this week, once I get it all slapped back in there.

MrQuick
09-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Sounds good Tony, glad you figured out the hood deal. sounds alittle lean on the right back tho. Also looking foreword to video!!! :seizure:

Steve1968LS2
09-26-2004, 11:32 AM
I finished up the fuel system yesterday, which was my last major component required to start the car up for the first time. What is awesome is that it started on the first crank! I guess I had all my wires, tubes, and sensors correct haha.

I'll be getting the car dyno tuned this week! Can't wait to drive it :seizure:

Tony

I talked for a while to the Magnacharger guys at the HUGE car show this weekend.. looks like I will be going with this setup at the end of next season :D

So did it fit under the hood fine???

Nine Ball
09-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Steve, I'll have to cut out a 4" by 6" square in the underside bracing to clear the top of the throttle body. That section is still under the cowl area, just in front of the circle where the old air filter is supposed to pop thru. On your car, it should fit without cutting since your engine is farther back and lower than mine.

67Sally
09-30-2004, 09:15 AM
That sounds great Tony.

Kenova
09-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I love that sound. I've been listening to it with the volume cranked. :seizure: Unfortunately, my cheap speakers can't keep up with my really old sound card.
Excuse me while I hit the PLAY button one more time.
Ken

Nine Ball
10-01-2004, 05:53 AM
Baseline Dyno Results: 506 rwhp, 501 ft-lbs. See Project Updates forum

It runs as good as it looks!