PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Manifold nitrous

ss dave
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Anyone with any experience with this system? I read some good things about their products. Thinking about a nitrous setup this winter. Thanks

ProStreet R/T
01-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Are you looking at the plate setup? If which one? How much HP do you want to pump through it?

I will likely be getting one of their dual bar 4150 plates very soon, I have yet to hear a bad thing about their product or customer support.

ss dave
01-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Single stage setup, 50-250HP. Probably no more than 150-200hp. I'm looking at the 4150 also, with brust plate.

ss dave
01-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro/st. anyone you know with this system?

rocketman
01-11-2006, 07:00 PM
are you looking at manifolds or nos systems ,they make good stuff,sheetmetal or cast manifolds.i run foggers on mine.have used plates before they work ok to.i dont of a cast intake with burst planels .i have a hogan sheet metal with 2 foggers systems.

ss dave
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Rocket, nos system, if I understand correctly, you have tried the plates before? and now run a fogger system? Which system of foggers do you run and do you like it better?

rocketman
01-11-2006, 10:15 PM
well i have used just most all there plates,there good the cheater is very nice.and never had a problem.my foggers where pro race system, i have change to speedtech nozzles and selionds.the nos products are great stuff.are using this on a street car for little kick in pants.the speedtech is more for all out race.

ProStreet R/T
01-12-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm looking at the same plate, burst panel, crossed bars (2 stage) and such. IMO for a street car it's probably one of the best available. With on a 200 shot a direct port system is SOOOO overkill. If it was a race car and you were stuffing it with a 400+ then go big, but your looking at $1500 in nozzles and what not.

ss dave
01-12-2006, 02:21 AM
Strictly a street car therefore a plate system. I've posted a nitrous preference question before on this site and alot of knowledgeable people like the NX Gemini system, however that was before I knew of Wilson Manifolds and maybe some of them had not heard of them also (however Frank at Prodigy seems to know a few things). I haven't seen the article but apparently Car Craft did a "shootout" in their Nov. issue and Wilson came out on top. I am also like the idea of a fine tune system, ie. progressive controller that is offered by NX, NOS. My 383 is around 425-450HP and I would like a good system to get me in the ballpark of 550-575hp, safely.

rocketman
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
phr did big nos write up last year was very help.i have been nitrous user for years.a single stage plate will great.fuel mix is very important.i run a nitrous pro mod thats in the low 6's, fuel plays a big part of nos systems street or not.i run a fooger on my 984 lt-1 street car with no problem.i put around 250-300 other in it.i recommand a purge system to.

ss dave
01-12-2006, 06:18 PM
hey rocket, do you remember the month PHR did that write up? I like their tech stuff and any info would br helpful. I also have ordered Pettit's book on nitrous, I was told it's helpful. Thanks