PDA

View Full Version : Want to see something different? Here's my 70 Fairlane 500.

Tom K
01-09-2006, 08:30 PM
It's a work in progress. The 'air' above the front tire has been fixed, now it's tucked a bit. The pic was taken the day the tires were mounted.

bnickel
01-10-2006, 03:57 AM
very nice. is that viper blue?

Ralph LoGrasso
01-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Nice car, Tom. If you've got more pics of it, post 'em. Welcome to the site.

XTRMEASURES
01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
really nice i like the color

4MuscleMachines
01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Nice Ford, don't see many of those models around.

texasdvldog
01-10-2006, 12:29 PM
reminds me of the 71 Ranchero I had back in high school. Well the front end anyways..love that color blue. :twothumbs

vanzuuk1
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Nice car , a while back buddha and tony l. did a photoshop of a nascar torino fastback, I will try and find some for you.

Tom K
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice car , a while back buddha and tony l. did a photoshop of a nascar torino fastback, I will try and find some for you.

I saw that. Did a search for Torinos and Fairlanes on here. Pretty slim pickins. :)

Tom K
01-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Pic from the rear. I have a pic of the interior somewhere.
As for the color? I don't know. I bought it this way. Closest color match I could find flipping through the paint chip books where I used to work was a newer corvette blue, but it still wasn't a match. It needs some touch-up on just about every panel, as every panel has some kind of 'issue' such as a scratch, chip or ding.
Plans for the future include rear discs, adapting the watts linkage from a newer crown vic on to the rear (maybe the whole 8.8), possible front cradle swap from a Mk VIII (since I have one sitting in the back yard) to get r&p and some newer suspension bits. Haven't measured the crown vic cradle, but I think it's close too. Sticking with the 351C while putting a 4R70W behind it with adapted electronics from a v6 mustang.
Interior changes will be limited to a new steering wheel and shifter along with a new headliner. Front seats are out of a newer bonneville with the original rear seat upholstered to match.