PDA

View Full Version : Best place to start

Pro-touring towncar
01-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Well I am planning on starting the pro-touring work on the town car this spring.( with income tax)
I how ever am planning on looking for parts and pieces.

In what area should I start?? Suspension, engine, driveline, Wheels/tires.

Thanks

Tim

GetMore
01-08-2006, 07:10 PM
I would look at what mods will require others. If you do brakes you may need to do the rims too. Suspension may use spindle mods, which could involve brakes. Brakes could require suspension. Driveline could incolve brakes (upgrade to a 9 inch rear.)
For safety I recommend brakes, wheels, suspension, then drivetrain/engine.

Bob Johnson
01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Well I am planning on starting the pro-touring work on the town car this spring.( with income tax)
I how ever am planning on looking for parts and pieces.

In what area should I start?? Suspension, engine, driveline, Wheels/tires.

Thanks

Tim
start by contacting Jeff..with the 82 Fleetwood Broham..he did the impossible..you pull off a pro touring Town Car and I will apologize for questioning your sanity..if I may ask..Why a town Car?

Steve Chryssos
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I would start with suspension analysis software. Gotta plot out the stock suspension and see how much work it needs. You will also need to look long and hard at weight reduction.

Pro-touring towncar
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Bob, no apology nessesary. I enjoy the large full frame sedans, especialy the Ford panther platform( Crown Vic, Town car, grand Marquis) I figured why not make a town car handle. I accualy got my insperation from Jeff and his Caddy. I figure if someone can do a fleetwood I can do a town car.

BTW: what does Sanity have to do with building cars. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Steve, weight reduction, I am on a diet. You mean 4200# is a little robust.

Tim

Steve Chryssos
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
It's nothing new:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Bob Johnson
01-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Bob, no apology nessesary. I enjoy the large full frame sedans, especialy the Ford panther platform( Crown Vic, Town car, grand Marquis) I figured why not make a town car handle. I accualy got my insperation from Jeff and his Caddy. I figure if someone can do a fleetwood I can do a town car.

BTW: what does Sanity have to do with building cars. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Steve, weight reduction, I am on a diet. You mean 4200# is a little robust.

Tim
what does Sanity have to do with building cars? When my psychiatrist saw what I spent on the Cuda, he said I was a crazy mo fo. After analyzing the rest of my profile, he said I was a well adjusted, quite normal individual. Good luck on your Lincoln..You's gonna need it. I had a 89 Town Car. Gave it to my daughter when I got tired of it. she liked it..Wallows with the best of em..not my daughter..the Lincoln :smoke: BTW, you need to stop smokin that shi*..makes you do crazy things

Bob Johnson
01-09-2006, 04:54 AM
It's nothing new:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
like anything those Camel jockeys do make sense?

Pro-touring towncar
01-21-2006, 06:43 PM
I would start with suspension analysis software. Gotta plot out the stock suspension and see how much work it needs. You will also need to look long and hard at weight reduction.

Steve, Where would I find such software. know of any available for download???

I am accualy thinking on an air suspension for the thing.

Thanks

Tim

toxicz28
01-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Steve, Where would I find such software. know of any available for download???

I am accualy thinking on an air suspension for the thing.

Thanks

Tim

Didn't they come with air suspension? I had an '87 continental that had a factory air suspension, I thought all Lincoln's had them.

Johnny Blaze
01-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Whats under the hood?

Stock.

Jim Nilsen
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Everything you do to it would best be done in small stages. If you start to take it apart to do it all you may end up like some of us and not drive it for years .

I would start with the suspension like others are thinking so you can still run it and get an idea of how well you can get it to handle before you start on going quick and fast.

Jim Nilsen