PDA

View Full Version : New Show on Spike TV - Muscle Car

68 SuperRam
01-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey all,

I noticed a new show on Spike TV today - during the Power Block - which by the way is being hosted by the girl from Overhaulin. Anyway I think that today might have been the first episode and the host drove into the studio in a 69 conv - one of the new ones - and he had another one untouched - just out of the crate - saying that they were going to be working on it in future episodes. It seems that the theme of the show is going to be that of re-doing old muscle cars!!! Seemed pretty cool - did anyone see the show - or know more about it?

Comments?

toxicz28
01-07-2006, 03:17 PM
I saw some of it, but I didn't finish watching it yet. Did you hear what they are going to be doing to the Challenger? Engine, trans, brakes, air bags,etc. Sounds like a pt build to me.

Damn True
01-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I prefer Danica

rocketman
01-07-2006, 04:04 PM
danica still host powerblock,coutrney from overhaulin host the show.

JayR
01-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I also heard about a new show on Discovery or TLC coming out this month or next, I think.

It's filmed at Barry White's Street Rod Repair Company in So-Cal and is about buying up a beater and doing an "overhaul" and auctioning it off. Hopefully it induces some fresh ideas to the industry instead of driving up prices of *******ized junk.

dropit69
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
ok ..kinda wrong on danica ..i tivoed all the shows..courtney is the new host..danicas a little busy racing indycars..but courtney noted that danica will pop in form time to time..muslecar is gonna be a good add to the powerblock..nice cars..and how about that jessie from extreme 4x4..shes my kinda gal..wonder if shes single.. :naughty:

Bob Johnson
01-07-2006, 06:35 PM
ok ..kinda wrong on danica ..i tivoed all the shows..courtney is the new host..danicas a little busy racing indycars..but courtney noted that danica will pop in form time to time..muslecar is gonna be a good add to the powerblock..nice cars..and how about that jessie from extreme 4x4..shes my kinda gal..wonder if shes single.. :naughty:
quiten down snowball..it's hell out there..chances are...

Bob Johnson
01-07-2006, 06:36 PM
I also heard about a new show on Discovery or TLC coming out this month or next, I think.

It's filmed at Barry White's Street Rod Repair Company in So-Cal and is about buying up a beater and doing an "overhaul" and auctioning it off. Hopefully it induces some fresh ideas to the industry instead of driving up prices of *******ized junk.
I'm pretty sure that car has already sold at auction..a Mustang I think

JayR
01-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that car has already sold at auction..a Mustang I think

How did it look, Bob? Is that the first episode?

dropit69
01-07-2006, 11:13 PM
well just watched the tivod musclecar ..i liked it and at the end they introduced the second host..happens to be jared zimmerman from rad rides by troy..not sure if hes moonlighting or left rad rides..im only a few towns from his shop and actually know jareds ex gf ...anyhow..he definatley knows cars and how to build them..i think the show is gonna be cool

Bob Johnson
01-08-2006, 06:05 AM
well just watched the tivod musclecar ..i liked it and at the end they introduced the second host..happens to be jared zimmerman from rad rides by troy..not sure if hes moonlighting or left rad rides..im only a few towns from his shop and actually know jareds ex gf ...anyhow..he definatley knows cars and how to build them..i think the show is gonna be cool
he might be gone..I know they talked to Goldberg about doing that show or one like it

Bob Johnson
01-08-2006, 06:06 AM
he might be gone..I know they talked to Goldberg about doing that show or one like it

Bob Johnson
01-08-2006, 06:10 AM
How did it look, Bob? Is that the first episode?
I haven't seen the show..I saw a magazine that showed Barry White selling a TV built car at auction I have my Tivo set for it now

boodlefoof
01-08-2006, 07:19 AM
I saw the show and liked what I saw.

First, the cars they were dealing with were good American muscle all the way.

Second, they actually showed lots of film footage of what they were doing to the challenger as they did it... I get annoyed with shows that say "ok, this is what we're going to do..." show a picture of the old and a picture of the new and say "voila, it is done." This show actually had some film of them pulling out carpets, dropping the suspension out, etc, etc. It wasn't exactly step-by-step... but you can't do that in a half hour show.

Third, I like the host. He seems like the kind of guy you'd want to meet up with at the weekly cruise-in and talk cars. He is very enthusiastic about cars, seems knowledgeable, and isn't annoying as hell (like some of these show's hosts are).

I look forward to seeing future episodes.

69rs
01-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I liked it! It sounds like they may like the P/T build style, plus they had segments on stock restored cars.

69Nova
01-08-2006, 01:16 PM
My dad saw the show and said it was pretty good. Its nice to have another car show instead of being over rulled by 4x4 trucks.

Damn True
01-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I still prefer Danica. Though realisticly Courtney is closer to my age. I'd be thought of as a dirty old man if I was walking around with a girl Danicas age on my arm.

derekf
01-09-2006, 05:25 AM
I really liked the show. I thought Courtney as powerblock host was a good call (but I have to wonder if it's a promotion or a demotion to move from cohosting a one hour show to doing bits and teasers between other shows). Glad to see a new ep of Xtreme and I don't mind the reruns of Trucks and HP TV since they're showing eps I hadn't seen before.

Those of y'all who liked Musclecar - you might want to check out Chop Cut Rebuild on Speed if you haven't already. They bounce around a lot, but they've got a variety of cars they're building; this season includes a 65 Chevelle 2-door wagon with an LS1 as well as a few others.