PDA

View Full Version : Who has custom hood stripes?

DewChugr
06-21-2022, 07:31 PM
Looking for photos or ideas for custom stripes for my cutlass. Blue with white stripes, but I don’t want plain stock stripes.

if you have photos or ideas please post them…

Josh@Ridetech
06-24-2022, 04:28 AM
We've done several cars here that were striped off with the bare metal showing through and then cleared over. I always thought they were cool. A lot more work but custom is what you wanted to see :cheers:.

shelteredchevelle
06-24-2022, 05:44 AM
I did 2019 Corvette colors with a little twist. It looks better in person than pictures imho.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLUTB7aZKVfog7-Ak1zDeFKPjvonX-OYls5d5wXPIuAQbzRYWktiwi7IsmwWSCBL5IqK8CFXNRMbujm8 JrdeHpW9E6pjhhYTE577N1F778v-vJjOiKSGewwsV6rhGm-bYsXA3WxIWlBDNpcDIgi379r_-A=w2812-h1874-no?authuser=0

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2022/06/AMJKLVk2eyQ8lsIk2anxEhdEd43CnG5BDNgib4IR-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2022/06/AMJKLUg8yS5_5Qo8KR9vCYYxkfsfBoflBqstYrYo-1.jpg

DewChugr
06-24-2022, 07:31 PM
That does look cool, but my hood is fiberglass.

thanks for the share.

- - - Updated - - -

shelteredchevelle
Nice looking color combo. Thanks

Vimes
06-24-2022, 08:30 PM
Saw a neat striping job on an AMC Javelin on Power Nation. Candy apple red with a gold I couldn't identify. They also went over the procedure, which involved spraying a bright, shiny light gold down for the stripes on top of the base, then they sprayed the candy on. Looked like ketchup and mustard sprayed on the car before the candy, looked stunning after.

What I would suggest, and it'll be a bit pricey, is to get a paint shop to mix up some spray cans of your primer (primer color is important,) base coat and candy overcoat. Clean up some metal and spray it with the primer and base, then stripe that with different colors. For a ghost blue, I'd suggest using several shades of blue and maybe some greys and silver. You just need a 2 inch or so wide stripe of each color, making sure to leave 2 inches of your base between each stripe. Then spray the whole thing with the candy. The candy will alter the color of the stripes, and you can get an idea of how to go with a ghost color. On the blues, go with a couple of shades darker and a couple of shades lighter than your base.

DewChugr
07-14-2022, 07:06 PM
Saw a neat striping job on an AMC Javelin on Power Nation. Candy apple red with a gold I couldn't identify. They also went over the procedure, which involved spraying a bright, shiny light gold down for the stripes on top of the base, then they sprayed the candy on. Looked like ketchup and mustard sprayed on the car before the candy, looked stunning after.

What I would suggest, and it'll be a bit pricey, is to get a paint shop to mix up some spray cans of your primer (primer color is important,) base coat and candy overcoat. Clean up some metal and spray it with the primer and base, then stripe that with different colors. For a ghost blue, I'd suggest using several shades of blue and maybe some greys and silver. You just need a 2 inch or so wide stripe of each color, making sure to leave 2 inches of your base between each stripe. Then spray the whole thing with the candy. The candy will alter the color of the stripes, and you can get an idea of how to go with a ghost color. On the blues, go with a couple of shades darker and a couple of shades lighter than your base.

thanks for the idea!

vcho455
07-23-2022, 09:47 AM
What year Cutlass? W-30 hood?