PDA

View Full Version : original camaro traction bar

ss350chevy
01-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Im plauged by the same troubles that afflicts all of my other monoleaf bretheren. the demon you ask? Wheel hop.

Im going to go to a multileaf set up in the near future, but for the time being im stuck with the mono's. My car has the mount for the original traction bar, but the bar itself is MIA. I just wanted to know whether or not the traction bar makes all that much of a difference. Ive heard its not very helpful but its gotta be better than nothing...right? Are there any after market bars that fit in stock location that might be better (or cheaper)?

ProdigyCustoms
01-05-2006, 09:32 PM
It helps, and when you sell, you can get your money back. Rick's Camaros has them repo

David Pozzi
01-05-2006, 10:10 PM
I had terrible wheel hop with my 67 mono-leaf, I installed a pair of Guldstrand three leaf springs and it totally cured the wheel hop. The only problem was, the Guldstrand springs used bronze solid bushings and the car rode rough over bumps.
The Hotchkis and Global West springs are similar three thick leaf style springs, and use stock bushings in the front eyes for a better ride.