PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Roydsracing
09-25-2004, 08:41 AM
This looks like a cool place to hang out. I'm not sure what I'm building is Pro touring, but I like the stuff I see here. In my shop now is my '65 Bonneville. I chopped the top, put in a Trans Am ws6 steering box, 66 Grand Prix hidden tail lights '86 Corvette wheels with the fender skirts on. Today I'll be starting a Covette IRS rear suspension install and hope to fit 335 tires when I'm done. I'm also helping a friend install a TCI front clip and small block in a cherry '63 Nova sedan. Just finnished my '79 Trans Am. 455 with a t56. I made all the parts to adapt the t56 to the Pontiac motor.
I do all my own work since I can't afford to pay to have it done.
The goal on the Bonny is to out perform my friends Viper GTS in every way... pretty tall order with the most unlikly car.
Thanks for reading
LeRoy

Kenova
09-25-2004, 09:17 AM
This looks like a cool place to hang out. I'm not sure what I'm building is Pro touring, but I like the stuff I see here. In my shop now is my '65 Bonneville. I chopped the top, put in a Trans Am ws6 steering box, 66 Grand Prix hidden tail lights '86 Corvette wheels with the fender skirts on. Today I'll be starting a Covette IRS rear suspension install and hope to fit 335 tires when I'm done. I'm also helping a friend install a TCI front clip and small block in a cherry '63 Nova sedan. Just finnished my '79 Trans Am. 455 with a t56. I made all the parts to adapt the t56 to the Pontiac motor.
LeRoy
Sounds like quite the toy box, so let me be the first to say.........
:postpics:
Welcome to the board.
Ken

Ralph LoGrasso
09-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Welcome aboard, LeRoy.

Roydsracing
09-25-2004, 02:21 PM
I have over a thousand pics of various stages of my cars. What size is good to post? What do you guys like to see? I'm hoping to set up a web site with all my projects with daily updates. I'll try to post some pics of the cars tonight.
LeRoy

hotrodgary
09-25-2004, 03:24 PM
HECK YEAH! sounds cool....get some pics dude!!

67Sally
10-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Welcome to the forum LeRoy.

derekf
10-04-2004, 04:28 AM
LeRoy,

As much as I'd like to say "post 'em all", we do have some users who are still on dialup.. do you have a website with all the pics (for those of us not bandwidth-limited)?

Got a couple that pretty well sum up the car?

Welcome to the site, BTW.