PDA

View Full Version : BillyGoat March Pop Hot Rodding

Steve Chryssos
01-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, whatever. I'm biased, but I don't care. This car rocks, so I figured it was time that someone made some noise.

Wait til you see the March 2006 issue of Popular Hot Rodding. Getting your car featured is no small feat. But Wild Bill Howell's GTO made the cover and then consumes another six pages of space including a center spread! (Tip: Buy two copies so you can pull the center spread out and hang it on your wall)

That kind of space is only devoted to very special cars--and Bill's goat most indaboobitably lives up to that ideal. It has an awesome stance, one of a kind interior, and wheels that we haven't quite seen before.
Hunkins obviously shook off his SEMA hangover in order to capture the BillyGoat against a truly awesome desert landscape. And Steve Rupp did a kick ass job of making sure that everyone involved gets full props (including us).

This is the kind of car that hooks youngsters on hot rodding. At the same time, it should inspire rodders to get a little more creative. Rather than follow the herd, take some chances with style and parts selection (Those silver faced Forgelines are sexual!)

I'm proud to have been a part of this project. I also got to drive it a coupla times in Vegas. I promise you it does everything that Bill Howell set out to accomplish. He pulled it off bigtime.

Way to go Bill. And thanks for everything.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Steve1968LS2
01-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Bill deserved it, The pics were so beautiful that it was a no brainer for the cover and the spread. Johnny Hunkins really nailed it with the photography. We also used the super high quality cover stock (the covers on the newstand have a special coating that makes them hold up better and look better). Also, this cover got an extra color and that was even double shot (the bright orange lettering). The cover really POPS..

My part was easy, I just had to string some words together..

SW's car came out great as well.. it's the official pt.com issue.. lol

Here is a lowres of one of Hunkin's unused pics.. just to give you a tease

Steve Chryssos
01-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Just read the rest of the issue. Every good car club should have it's own newsletter. It's looks like we practically OWN Popular Hot Rodding. Congrats also to the following for getting ink in the March issue:
John McBride (Best guess at the next Camaro)
Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-g.net (SEMA parties)
ATS LS1 Oilpan
SW (That's the straightest 69 I have ever seen!)
Mike Hartzfeld (Hometown Hot Rodding)
Derek Kiefer (Hometown Hot Rodding)
Alcino Azevedo (Hometown Hot Rodding)

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Steve1968LS2
01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Just read the rest of the issue. Every good car club should have it's own newsletter. It's looks like we practically OWN Popular Hot Rodding. Congrats also to the following for getting ink in the March issue:
John McBride (Best guess at the next Camaro)
Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-g.net (SEMA parties)
ATS LS1 Oilpan
SW (That's the straightest 69 I have ever seen!)
Mike Hartzfeld (Hometown Hot Rodding)
Derek Kiefer (Hometown Hot Rodding)
Alcino Azevedo (Hometown Hot Rodding)

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Hey, I'm trying to have a contest here!! lol..

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13860

I edited your list just a bit to make the contest more challenging.. lol

And even your list missed quite a few board members that are in that issue. It really just sorta worked out that way, well to a point and then I tried to slide a few others in there just for fun.

Maybe Bill will scan the cover and post it up.. I couldn't find my loRes PDF at work..

ProdigyCustoms
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it's OK.

parsonsj
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Bill,

Nicely done! Congratulations: it's well deserved.

I'm looking forward to getting my issue this month!

jp

Bob Johnson
01-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Bill deserved it, The pics were so beautiful that it was a no brainer for the cover and the spread. Johnny Hunkins really nailed it with the photography. We also used the super high quality cover stock (the covers on the newstand have a special coating that makes them hold up better and look better). Also, this cover got an extra color and that was even double shot (the bright orange lettering). The cover really POPS..

My part was easy, I just had to string some words together..

SW's car came out great as well.. it's the official pt.com issue.. lol

Here is a lowres of one of Hunkin's unused pics.. just to give you a tease
nice cover for newstand is great..but try and find it on a newsstand unless you're at one of those bookstores or places that carry a million magazines..no airport, drugstore, grocery store, service station etc. Bump Super Chevy off some of their locations.

Bill Howell
01-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Maybe Bill will scan the cover and post it up..
I am trying to get that now, and will proudly post it when I figure it out.
Thanks again Steve and Johnny for the great story and pictures.
Thank you Steve for the chance to go to SEMA to represent your company. That is what lead to the photo shoot.
Of course, Most of the praise goes to Frank, Michael, Andrew Lisa and everyone else in Orlando for the tremedous job making all this happen.
Gary, what can I say, you and Mark did the impossible and we drove it rather than push it in Vegas.
Allen, one of the best features are the wheels, thanks for the link.
And thanks to Larry, Ralph and everyone here for the kind words and encouragement both during the build and now.

Steve1968LS2
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
nice cover for newstand is great..but try and find it on a newsstand unless you're at one of those bookstores or places that carry a million magazines..no airport, drugstore, grocery store, service station etc. Bump Super Chevy off some of their locations.

What.. you don't have Walmarts out there? :)

I find them here in quite a few places like the grocery story, Barnes N Noble, Wallymart, etc..

We are working to get more newstand coverage..

Oh, BTW Bob, the cover with your car on it (the April issue) is off the hook.. You will be very happy, even if the car is sorta pink ;)

Bill Howell
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM

Discount Auto Parts, Autozone both carry them too. Books a Million also!
Of course, don't come to Sevier County this month hunting them, I got those covered. lol

alcino
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
March is already out! I just got the feb 2 weeks ago!

alcino

Bill Howell
01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Here she is.

derekf
01-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok, I wasn't going to buy the mag just because I know everyone in it.

But the budget T56 rebuild caps it off. Now I have to go find the mag.

Nah.. just kidding. I'm buying it because I need more car art for my office and because it's all my friends that are in it. Oh, and I'm starting in on my T56 this weekend. But that's not the reason.

jeff s
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM
haven't got my issue yet.
Congrats guys
www.schwartzperformance.com

Kenova
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Of course, don't come to Sevier County this month hunting them, I got those covered. lol
"And I bought five copies for my mother" :lmao:
Congrats Bill, you had it coming, Poser or not.
(Billygoat :lmao: Damn I like that name!)
Ken

ProdigyCustoms
01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's OK.

It is fairly common for people to ask me what I most like about different projects we do. What specific feature of a particular car is our favorite. Bill's car has a few features I like alot. I am exceptionally happy with the mini tub and frame job. It just worked out real slick. Provides good suspension travel, handling, and ride while tucking all that tire. Of coarse the fact it is convertible, and I am weak for convertibles, is a big one for me. The interior is awesome. Not so much just the quality of it, but the design with the unique silver carbon fiber, the Seat choice, fitting the rear seat. Of coarse I love burning the tires and bangin thru the gears with the shrifter. But most of all, my favorite feature is the fact that 2 - 250 LB guys (us over 40 guys), and our old ladies, can pile in, and ride comfortably, AND blow away the punk next to us at the stop light!

We of coarse thank Bill and Melinda for the opportunity to build the GTO. For a 100 day build, NON show car, were are sure getting a lot of press off it. So we are almost as happy as Bill. So get to sleep now Bill, the magazine is out and it looks killer, get some rest. I will talk to you tomorrow.

And, thanks Steve and Johnny for having good taste! Keep your eyes open. There is a certain Baddass (probably best Firebird ever) Supercharged, fuel injected, 700HP 455HO Poncho powered, Blue Firebird debuting soon. And it's not a Camaro either!

ProdigyCustoms
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Opps, double post

Mr Crackhead
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Sweet Bill, Congrats, one awesome car thats for sure. The swiftest 65 goat i ever sat in. :D

Bob Johnson
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
What.. you don't have Walmarts out there? :)

I find them here in quite a few places like the grocery story, Barnes N Noble, Wallymart, etc..

We are working to get more newstand coverage..

Oh, BTW Bob, the cover with your car on it (the April issue) is off the hook.. You will be very happy, even if the car is sorta pink ;)
I subscribe..but if I'm out of town and I want one,I like to just go in a service station or something very convenient..We've got Walmarts by the 100's..just too much hassle..gotta get me a handicapped parking permit so I want have to park a mile away. I'm not a book store kind of guy..

dropit69
01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
congrats bill ....awesome car and ya know im a sucker for a convertible...lol..i own 3...maybe one day ..long way away ..one of mine will be half that nice..and im definatly framing the centerfold for my garage..

zbugger
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Looks awesome Bill. Your car deserves it more than you. Now, you just have to have fun driving it. It's no poser. Only you are when you're standing next to it waitng for someone to take a picture. And yeah, the wheels really set it off. I just wish I could afford them like you rich people can.....

Rybar
01-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Congrats Bill, your Goat is one sweet ride! :twothumbs can't wait to get my issue 2 months from now.... :hammer:

vanzuuk1
01-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Bill Tell us honestly how many copies you buy! Thats really a nice payoff for all your work and patience.

Are they on the east coast yet, I have not recieved mine.

Rick Dorion
01-06-2006, 05:21 AM
Haven't got mine yet, either. I think it gets shipped around the globe to get to the east coast.

Congrats!

Jagarang
01-06-2006, 05:39 AM
NEW WALLPAPER!! I can't wait to show my wife the new look for the bedroom! Any body know what window treatment wouild go with the walls?
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :kewlpics:

I REALLY REALLY really need to get a ride in that thing and shake your hands guys, beautiful! We definitly need videos of a few road course corner drifts and some 1/4 mile passes with Eternity, Billygoat, and Prodigy going at it! That would be tooooooo cool!

Steve1968LS2
01-06-2006, 06:02 AM
And yeah, the wheels really set it off. I just wish I could afford them like you rich people can.....

Wait till you read the story... lol

Oh, and Steevo got his and he is on the East coast. They just started shipping.

Nine Ball
01-06-2006, 07:29 AM
Thats a nice cover shot. I can't wait to get my issue, I swear the stores around here get them a week before my subscription finally arrives.

Oh yeah, contact www.InTheNewsOnline.com to get some nice wall plaques made. I have two of them on my office wall, and two of them in my billiard room :)

Tony

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Wait till you read the story... lol
Oh, and Steevo got his and he is on the East coast. They just started shipping.

I went to my local speed shop. They always get copies first. I'm sure the fulfilment venter mails them to speed shops in boxes at the same time that the subs go out.

So if your speed shop carries magazines, it should be there.

MarkM66
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
QT's always have them around me. :)

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Billy Goat,,how apropos...now take back all of that crap about me being a red neck..

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Billy Goat,,how apropos...now take back all of that crap about me being a red neck..

You are a redneck. :moon:

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Hey that felt good. I like this. Things are getting back to the way they used to be--before everyone got so serious about the gospel of pro-touring.

Thanks Bob.

Steve1968LS2
01-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Hey that felt good. I like this. Things are getting back to the way they used to be--before everyone got so serious about the gospel of pro-touring.

Thanks Bob.

Yes, we were all getting a bit too serious..

Can a get a Hallelujah?!!?

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 09:04 AM

Or how bout a HalleBerry?

Damn True
01-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I prefer the Halle Berry.

Those photos look freakin absurdly good!

Congrats Bill! The car turned out fantastic! I don't care much for verts of any kind, but WOWOWOWOWOW! I sure like that one!

6'9"Witha69
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM

Hallelujah!!!!

jeffandre
01-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Or how bout a HalleBerry?

Just like our Muscle cars, the best women get better with age! I have a version of Halle at home, same build and body, just lighter in color.

Remember her last husband? He cheated on her, which I guess proves that looks and money aren't everything...

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 12:42 PM

BBBBBBHHHAAA BBBBBBBBHHAAAA said the billy goat. Sorry Bob, no matter how old either of us get, I am afraid we both will always be rednecks, and not very politically correct, it must just be a Georgia thang. I spent way too many years in Macon to be anything else.
Call me Bill, call me red, call me whatever you like, but please, please, call me when it's supper time. :cheers: Now, pass anotherone like the otherone.

Thanks again everyone. I am proud as a peacock right now. Thing is, it would not have been near as much fun without everyone here, and I truely feel this is OUR car here, not just my car. Just off the top of my head, here are just a few of the members that had a hand in the car and story, and sorry if I am forgetting some.Larry and Ralph(site), John(sold car), Frank + Michael(body,paint, interior), Gary(mechanicals), Allen(wheel idea), Kris(renderings), Steveo(paddle shifter),Kevin(seats),Kevin(emblems),Tony W.(engine idea), Brian,Tyler and Shane(SEMA rescue crew) and of course Steve and Johnny. Such a cool deal the internet has done, brought a group together here that otherwise would not know each other and we all have at least our cars and love of them in common.

LTorres
01-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Hey Billy goat this is a truly awesome machine. I only wish I would have known you sooner and got our brakes on this ride (keep us in mind should you build another project). This Billy goat thing is pretty funny (Somehow I pictured you in a little goat suit at SEMA when I first saw the name, DAMn that imagination) You should get a set of horns to wear....in fact I know where you can get WD pricing on set if you are interested?

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey Billy goat this is a truly awesome machine. I only wish I would have known you sooner and got our brakes on this ride (keep us in mind should you build another project). This Billy goat thing is pretty funny (Somehow I pictured you in a little goat suit at SEMA when I first saw the name, DAMn that imagination) You should get a set of horns to wear....in fact I know where you can get WD pricing on set if you are interested?

I am afraid you will never see me in a "little suit" of any kind! :lmao:

Way too many beans and taters for that.
I will be talking with you on the next one, for sure, thanks.

6'9"Witha69
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
...I truely feel this is OUR car here, not just my car.
So when is my turn with our car?!?!:poke:

Damn True
01-06-2006, 01:54 PM
So when is my turn with our car?!?!:poke:

Yeah, I mean is this like the Staley Cup or something? Do we all get to take it home for a while?

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey, Steveo already had his turn in Vegas, Frank and Micheal drove it from Daytona to Orlando, I ain't kidding. Only rule, I call shotgun.

6'9"Witha69
01-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, Steveo already had his turn in Vegas, Frank and Micheal drove it from Daytona to Orlando, I ain't kidding. Only rule, I call shotgun.
I can live with that!!

vanzuuk1
01-06-2006, 02:56 PM
I think you see ms berry's air intake in that photo, or at least her panties.

vanzuuk1
01-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Yea, if its "our car" then pencil me in for next saturday, a little snowy here but don't worry, I'll be careful.

Travis B
01-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I think you see ms berry's air intake in that photo.

I think your right....

oh and congrats Bill :bananna2:

ACEFOOTER
01-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Bill, The accolades are well deserved, BillyGoat is a gorgous ride. I was beaming when I thought about you cruising Las Vegas strip top down. Congrats!!! Now what are the chances PHR will be waiting for me when I get home tonight, "Please Please, I've been good!"

Frank-"There is a certain Baddass (probably best Firebird ever) Supercharged, fuel injected, 700HP 455HO Poncho powered, Blue Firebird debuting soon"

What year FireBird?

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Frank-"There is a certain Baddass (probably best Firebird ever) Supercharged, fuel injected, 700HP 455HO Poncho powered, Blue Firebird debuting soon"

What year FireBird?

Visit Prodigy Customs (http://www.prodigycustoms.com) then look under current projects for Jagarang's Firebird

Roger Poirier
01-06-2006, 04:16 PM
This is the kind of car that hooks youngsters on hot rodding. At the same time, it should inspire rodders to get a little more creative. Rather than follow the herd, take some chances with style and parts selection (Those silver faced Forgelines are sexual!)

I'm proud to have been a part of this project. I also got to drive it a coupla times in Vegas. I promise you it does everything that Bill Howell set out to accomplish. He pulled it off bigtime.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif __________________
Steve Chryssos
Because four fat tires are better than two. That's why!
Twist Machine,LLC (http://www.twistmachine.com/)

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. You have seen one GOAT, you have seen them all. LOL

:crying: R.P.

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif __________________
Steve Chryssos
Because four fat tires are better than two. That's why!
Twist Machine,LLC (http://www.twistmachine.com/)

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. You have seen one GOAT, you have seen them all. LOL

:crying: R.P.
yeah, the same thing they say about coochie..it ain't true..there is a difference..

ProdigyCustoms
01-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Heres a few nice rendering shots.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Congratulations, Bill! The car is awesome and the press is well deserved.

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Just like our Muscle cars, the best women get better with age! I have a version of Halle at home, same build and body, just lighter in color.

Remember her last husband? He cheated on her, which I guess proves that looks and money aren't everything...
she looks damn good till you look at her hands..damn she musta been cleaning somebodies tires with AJAX..but I'd stoop low enough to let her give me a hand job

ProdigyCustoms
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Ya know, 1 feature is cool no doubt, but 2 major features in one month is quite the accomplishment. Bill covered the newsstands, subscriptions and Internet all at once.

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM
You are a redneck. :moon:
last time I was called a red neck because I got caught peeing in the pool..I told the lifeguard..everyone pees in the pool..he said yeah but not from the high dive..I've been accused of being a red neck...and I'm guilty as charged..

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Ya know, 1 feature is cool no doubt, but 2 major features in one month is quite the accomplishment. Bill covered the newsstands, subscriptions and Internet all at once.
like a fat girl on a piano stool..had it covered man

69rs
01-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I will need my copy of PHR autographed, of course! :worship: Bill, get that in the works, will ya? I'll just need everybody that's on your "thank you" list! Oh, and I need to get the sign-up sheet for our car. I'll need it one weekend in spring!

69rs
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
BTW-Billygoat is AWESOME! :1st:

I can't wait to see the pics of SW's 69, too! Man I love that car! :drool: :yum:

zbugger
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey Bill, don't forget to thank Brian (baz67) for taking care of you baby while you were out partying it up on the strip. Oh, and I'd love to be driving the car when you get that shot of it going around a turn in a four wheel drift!!!

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
.......and sorry if I am forgetting some.Larry and Ralph(site), John(sold car), Frank + Michael(body,paint, interior), Gary(mechanicals), Allen(wheel idea).......

Ortega. Allen Ortega. Automotive Wheel Consultant. My card:

StRacerDuke
01-06-2006, 06:25 PM
LOL, nice Steve.

I'm late to the party, but I still want in. Congrat's Bill one the awesome cover!

1970cuda
01-06-2006, 06:48 PM
"the goat is almost sexual." Direct quote from Bill Howell

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 06:51 PM
:thankyou:

69rs
01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Is that goats in general? :bsjerk: :yum:

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Is that goats in general? :bsjerk: :yum:
As in poor choice of words on the internet. :hand:

1970cuda
01-06-2006, 07:00 PM
bill, you didn't think that you would be safe from that comment on this site did you?

69rs
01-06-2006, 07:00 PM
As in poor choice of words on the internet. :hand:

Yeah, that's baaa-aaad!

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 07:03 PM
bill, you didn't think that you would be safe from that comment on this site did you?
Who? me? What comment? That was another Bill Howell :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

69rs
01-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Who? me? What comment? That was another Bill Howell :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was the OTHER goat-lovin Bill Howell?

rolltide
01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Stopped in and met the man and the car. Very impressed with both.:twothumbs A guy like Bill deserves a car like the goat. Special thanks from Robyrd too. He likes your style. Thanks Bill!

BMF Machine
01-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks again everyone. I am proud as a peacock right now. Thing is, it would not have been near as much fun without everyone here, and I truely feel this is OUR car here, not just my car. Just off the top of my head, here are just a few of the members that had a hand in the car and story, and sorry if I am forgetting some.Larry and Ralph(site), John(sold car), Frank + Michael(body,paint, interior), Gary(mechanicals), Allen(wheel idea), Kris(renderings), Steveo(paddle shifter),Kevin(seats),Kevin(emblems),Tony W.(engine idea), Brian,Tyler and Shane(SEMA rescue crew) and of course Steve and Johnny. Such a cool deal the internet has done, brought a group together here that otherwise would not know each other and we all have at least our cars and love of them in common.

Thanks for letting me try to help?

But, I can see just the edge of my part on the cover! That is all the thanks I need!

I love that car!!!!

I subscribed last month, I hope I get this issue!

I am also going to every freaking bookstore in Louisville and Southern Indiana, and buying all the copies for my Mother!!!

Kevin:smoke:

Steve Chryssos
01-06-2006, 07:57 PM

Hold still

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Stopped in and met the man and the car. Very impressed with both.:twothumbs A guy like Bill deserves a car like the goat. Special thanks from Robyrd too. He likes your style. Thanks Bill!

Had a blast meeting ya'll too. We got the issue figured out on the camaro too we think. Bad seal in the procharger. I know your son really enjoyed those "test runs". Cool, come back anytime.

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for letting me try to help?

But, I can see just the edge of my part on the cover! That is all the thanks I need!

I love that car!!!!

I subscribed last month, I hope I get this issue!

I am also going to every freaking bookstore in Louisville and Southern Indiana, and buying all the copies for my Mother!!!

Kevin, you are the man on the emblem thing. I really like mine. The emblems made a couple pictures as I remember. The really cool thing about them are when someone sees the car and then realizes these are similar to the original but so different. Very cool, thanks again.

dropit69
01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
congrats again bill anyone got a bigger version of the desert pic..i want it as a backgound on puter but the one i have is all blury when i strecthed it to fit,,or anyway i can make it work ,,thanks ,,that car rocks..

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 09:00 PM
congrats again bill anyone got a bigger version of the desert pic..i want it as a backgound on puter but the one i have is all blury when i strecthed it to fit,,or anyway i can make it work ,,thanks ,,that car rocks..

The centerfold will be a wallpaper on PHR's website according to the article, but I am not sure when. Probably whenever they do their monthly update. I am wanting the same thing. Too lazy to walk into the garage for a look.lol

Bob Johnson
01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
The centerfold will be a wallpaper on PHR's website according to the article, but I am not sure when. Probably whenever they do their monthly update. I am wanting the same thing. Too lazy to walk into the garage for a look.lol
strike a pose..Wild Bill..

Bill Howell
01-06-2006, 09:34 PM
strike a pose..Wild Bill..

You will be shocked when you see the "pose". Very similar to the one of you and the cuda. I guess that is the best pose for us XXL boys. lol

formula
01-07-2006, 05:15 PM
man....and people always said goat lovin would never pay off.

I would say mr. howell is a pioneer, and his goat will promote mainstream goat love across the nation!

awesome awesome awesome, but I still say you should have gone with the ostrich skin top!

P.S. I've got the PHR circulation figured out...they are purposefully avoiding me and only me no matter where I go so that I will subscribe. I have NEVER seen an issue of PHR on a newsstand!

Bob Johnson
01-07-2006, 05:27 PM
man....and people always said goat lovin would never pay off.

I would say mr. howell is a pioneer, and his goat will promote mainstream goat love across the nation!

awesome awesome awesome, but I still say you should have gone with the ostrich skin top!

P.S. I've got the PHR circulation figured out...they are purposefully avoiding me and only me no matter where I go so that I will subscribe. I have NEVER seen an issue of PHR on a newsstand!
goat lovin won't payoff?? look at The Real..proof positive goat lovin pays off..kind of like winnin a contest and the prize is a 2 week vacation to Buffalo N.Y. in January

parsonsj
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
My PHR just came today.

Bill: two words: Suh weet! Congratulations again!

jp

baz67
01-11-2006, 08:58 PM
I cannot wait until I get home to see my copy.

Congrats Bill, I know how much work you put into it and your(its) secrets are still safe with me.

dropit69
01-12-2006, 08:48 AM
ok ive been to every book stroe around me its still not out ..guess ill have to wait for my mailman to bring my phr with the cover folded in half like he always does..one reason i buy them on newstand too..damn post offices..

phonedude_mln
01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
(making a long thread longer...)

obviously, Bill's GTO is awesome, but everyone on this site already knew that. and of course, the March 2006 issue
of PHR has a really nice 69 Camaro. but what makes this issue nice is the road racing 71 *Torino* (!) and
a *drag racing* 72 Nova.

nice change of pace!

Bill Howell
01-12-2006, 03:59 PM

the March 2006 issue
of PHR has a really nice 69 Camaro. but what makes this issue nice is the road racing 71 *Torino* (!) and
a *drag racing* 72 Nova.

nice change of pace!

You are so right. I have had the issue for a week or so now and I said the same thing when I read it. SW's black 69 is such a nice car and as the artilce said, it gets used, not as a protourer or a track car, but as a car. Driven by owner as it was meant to be in the first place. As much as I live and breathe Protouring, as the rest of us here do, I can not help but think PHR would paint themselves into a corner if ALL they did was geared toward Protouring. There is a huge, big world out there, and variety is the spice of life.
Just as diversity helps us grow, it will make PHR even better too. SO, next time you read a non Protouring article there, try to understand....

Steve1968LS2
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM

obviously, Bill's GTO is awesome, but everyone on this site already knew that. and of course, the March 2006 issue
a *drag racing* 72 Nova.

nice change of pace!

Is this where I take a bow?? lol

The Torino was just so cool.. how could we NOT feature it.. and the guy drives the hell out of that car on the track.. very cool car. Like we say, build it and we will come :) -- also, the low buck Torino makes a nice counterpoint to the highbuck cars. We always try to have a good mix and this month was especially good.. show cars, race cars and rare cars..

The Nova was cool too.. is it a g-Machine? no, but who cares.. the guy races it and it certainly is streetable.

Gotta say that SW's black Camaro is about the straightest car I've ever seen.. damn that car looks good..

speedster
01-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Bill -

I'm so late to the party, the goats left or died, the party favors were eaten, and there are flies everywhere...
Seriously, congratulations on the billygoat. Someone else hit the nail on the head, your cover will be remembered for how many people it converted over to Pro Touring or (Popular) Hot Rodding in general. I know that if I was young with money burning a hole in my pocket, a ride like that would be the dream to shoot for. Maybe not my first ride, but like all of us who get it in our blood, yourself included, the dream is to build a car like "THAT ONE!" someday. So again, congrats !!

P.S. Since I am such a newbie to this board, I feel bad that I did not meet you and the people on here personally (yet). My wife and I were checkin' out the "awesome" goat and "the guys" under the white canopy at this year's Turkey Rod Run. Now I feel privileged to know who you are. Can't wait to meet you and the others. That is what makes this site great for little guys like me. Learning from, talking to and being around the cool guys with the Cover cars.

Cheers :cheers:

Now go smoke your tires again.

vanzuuk1
01-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Got my issue, congratulations on the cover, couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

The torino was cool also.

Bill Howell
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Bruce,
You have me speechless. lol
Thanks for the comments, but really, anyone who knows me, knows I am one of the "little people" too. I just have a big mouth, and my kids are grown so I have a little extra spendable income. Trust me, I get up and work every day. In fact, I was on a pick today, 20 feet off the ground, nailing siding on a new cabin we are building. I am passionate about the hobby, and yes, I have just built my dream car. Of coarse, there will be more, but not until I sell this one cause my pockets are not that deep, and this one is not for sale at the moment. I truely enjoy driving this car and yes, smoking the tires. When the new wears off, then I will think about something new, but right now, I am waiting for the Power Tour. You should have introduced yourself in Daytona. Remember, we are all just car guys, and there was more bs going on under that tent than anything. Well, unless a pretty female walked by..........
One thing I do hope the article does is show that there are other cars that make nice rides other than first gen camaros. If nothing else, if you build something else, it will get noticed....

speedster
01-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Bill, you, speechless?...nah.
Anyway, I hope to meet you at the Power Tour. I am registerd and hope to have the car ready for the start of it in Kissimmee and Gainesville. The car may have duct tape and liquid nails holding it together, but hey, that's OK. It's even a Pontiac with Chevy power.

speedster
01-12-2006, 05:19 PM
... and one more thing -
If you're 20 feet up in the air, don't be dreaming about driving that car - you may fall down, and you probably don't bounce very well. LOL

Bill Howell
01-12-2006, 05:20 PM
lol, It ain't a hot rod if it ain't got alittle duct tape.
The goat even has a piece or two.....

69rs
01-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Bill says he's speechless, then writes a book! :hmm:

Bill Howell
01-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Bill says he's speechless, then writes a book! :hmm:

Bruce, you remember this guy's car right? It was the 4wd model... :lmao:
The more you get to know us the less you are likely to be seen with us.lol
You have to be able to take a joke anyway....lol

Steve1968LS2
01-12-2006, 05:36 PM
but hey, that's OK. It's even a Pontiac with Chevy power.

Actually it's a pontiac with GM power.. that is not a "chevy" motor ;)

69rs
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Bruce, you remember this guy's car right? It was the 4wd model... :lmao:
The more you get to know us the less you are likely to be seen with us.lol
You have to be able to take a joke anyway....lol

Yeah yeah, mines the one that always get pushed to the back of the P/T photos! Luckily you can still see it towering over the others!

Bill Howell
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah yeah, mines the one that always get pushed to the back of the P/T photos! Luckily you can still see it towering over the others! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Sorta like the 12 year old second grader, always the tall one in the pictures......
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Somebody stop me.....

speedster
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Was that the same 12 year old second grader with the 4 wheel drive, 3 wheeled, Big Wheel ?? Wow, they were everywhere. Darwin would be crying about now. :seizure: Did Bob Johnson ride one ?

speedster
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Not Chevy Power ? OK, shoot me now.:hammer: Damn, those Tech Editors always have the right answer. I don't think it actually has a single GM part in it. Can I say it is Mutt Power ?

speedster
01-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry, very long day and too many caffeines at 10:00pm on the "right" coast.

To get this back on topic...

Awesome car Bill....really

trapin
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
It's January 13th and I raise an important question at this point in time.............

WHERE THE HELL IS MY POPULAR HOTRODDING??!?!!!!!!!!!!

rockdogz
01-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats Bill,
Car looks awesome!!

1970cuda
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
finally got mine today. Looks like pro-touring is still alive and well!!!

Steve1968LS2
01-13-2006, 05:27 PM
It's January 13th and I raise an important question at this point in time.............

WHERE THE HELL IS MY POPULAR HOTRODDING??!?!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't have it by next Tuesday just let me know and I will hook ya up :)

BMF Machine
01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
If you don't have it by next Tuesday just let me know and I will hook ya up :)

Does that go for all of us? I have been to kroger and wallmart every day since the Thread started here. I have a subscription, I have not got it yet either. I bought the last two Feb. issues on Krogers shelf (Hoping they would restock!) No luck yet? My black cloud has no bounds!

I asked Bill to send me some pictures of his, He doesn't want to wad it through his scanner? Can't say I blame him. :idea: Somebody, Anybody, Please take some pictures of every page on the goat and post them!:nopity:

TPI Monte SS
01-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Bill, what can I say. You and the boys have done an INCREDIBLE job with the GTO! The car deserves all the recognition.

Hey PHR Steve, is there any way you can get a high-res shot of the teaser pic that Hunkins took and post it? That would make an awesome desktop!

DarkBuddha
01-13-2006, 06:21 PM
This is belated, but I just got my copy late yesterday... Congratulations Bill! The GTO turned out great and shows well in the PHR spread. Actually, I didn't have a good sense of the car from the SEMA photos I'd seen, but now... boy oh boy! And that's coming from a former '67 goat owner. ;)

ProdigyCustoms
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, I finally got a issue tonight off the news stand. Damn what a nice spread! It's going to frame up nice for you Billy Boy with no advertising running thorugh the pages.

Congrats again.

Steve, I know you put the bug in Johnny's ear, many thanks my friend!

Steve68
01-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Yea, I have a subscription too, I haven't seen a magzine either, it's already on the newsstand, what the hell!!!!!

ProdigyCustoms
01-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Yeah, my subscription not here. No more on the newstands either, I think Michael and Andrew took care of that, LOL! In advertanly, the kids did not get mentioned in the story, but they did a ton on that thing and are very proud. As well they should be. 18 years old, got 2 cars to SEMA, cover of PHR, and some other big things lined up, their big pimpin!

Ralph LoGrasso
01-14-2006, 05:44 AM
I got my copy yesterday. It's been taking longer and longer for my PHR to arrive -- last months never even showed up? Oh well. The feature looks great, Bill!

zero g
01-14-2006, 06:57 AM
It's been taking longer and longer for my PHR to arrive

I have not received mine yet......one time I got two different months on the same day.

trapin
01-14-2006, 11:58 AM
I gotta :seizure: have my :seizure: popular hotrodding :seizure: starting to get dizzy :seizure: feeling faint..... :barf:

Roger Poirier
01-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I gotta :seizure: have my :seizure: popular hotrodding :seizure: starting to get dizzy :seizure: feeling faint..... :barf:

I'm in the same boat. Us guys in MI get our copys at least a month late.
The guys on the forum start talking about there new issue before I receive the previous months issue. LOL

R.P.

Bill Howell
01-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I don't have my subscription copy yet either, but I am always late too. I have spent the better part of the day collecting copys from all the Advance Auto Parts stores between here and Knoxville.
Frank tell Michael and Andrew I owe them big. I do not want to be the main character in "Kill Bill 3". I take the blame for not having them in the story. Of course, everyone here knows who REALLY does all the work at Prodigy.......lol

zbugger
01-15-2006, 12:28 AM
...I am always late too...
Does Melinda know this? lol... Just kidding.

I just got my copy today..... At Safeway. News stand copy baby!!!! Damn that car looks good in there. Awesome job to those involved. Oh yeah, Bill, that logo looks great, but you also covered it up on your shirt in that picture. Good job. :usa:

dropit69
01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
ok got mine yesterday....wohoooo..awesome job bill.car looks amazing..great article by steve too..now to go get another copy to hang centerfold in garage..

CAMAROBOY69
01-17-2006, 04:48 AM
Congrats Bill!!!
I just saw the spread in PHR. Your car is extremely photogenic. Great article and Steve tooks some very impressive pics too. Your car is impressive from every angle and very inspiring. It looks soo good that the first time I saw the pics I hardly recognized it was even a GTO. I ran across the room to show Heather the article. Good times.
The coolest and most impressive part is that you drive your car. That gains massive respect points from me when I hear about the members driving their cars. :drive: :)

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Does Melinda know this? lol... Just kidding.

I just got my copy today..... At Safeway. News stand copy baby!!!! Damn that car looks good in there. Awesome job to those involved. Oh yeah, Bill, that logo looks great, but you also covered it up on your shirt in that picture. Good job. :usa:

Did notice anything about Bill's story? lol

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Congrats Bill!!!
Great article and Steve tooks some very impressive pics too.

Johnny took those pics.. I just strung together the words..

I did shoot the Nova in that issue though.. my first one, Im learning :)

69rs
01-17-2006, 09:21 AM
I still haven't found one.......or recieved my autographed copy, Bill! :ripped:

69Nova
01-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I picked up a issue the other day. Bill's car looked good as usual. But I must say I'm a big fan of that silver nova.

69rs
01-17-2006, 09:28 AM
I picked up a issue the other day. Bill's car looked good as usual. But I must say I'm a big fan of that silver nova.

I'm pretty partial to SW's 69 Camaro, myself! Funny how that works......:hmm:

69Nova
01-17-2006, 09:52 AM
I forgot about that too. Yea it does look so nice.

Bill Howell
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Congrats Bill!!!
I just saw the spread in PHR. Your car is extremely photogenic. Great article and Steve tooks some very impressive pics too. Your car is impressive from every angle and very inspiring. It looks soo good that the first time I saw the pics I hardly recognized it was even a GTO. I ran across the room to show Heather the article. Good times.
The coolest and most impressive part is that you drive your car. That gains massive respect points from me when I hear about the members driving their cars. :drive: :)

Thanks Adam, Johnny is the man when it comes to photography. Heck, it is my car, and the pictures impressed me....lol
Yeah, cars are for driving, not looking at, if I wanted a piece of art, I would buy a picture. They take up a lot less space.

Allen, You got credit for the wheels, I could not give you kudos on the logo too, even though you did it. I was afraid your head would swell too much.... :spank2:
Trust me though, I tell everyone that asks who did it. Oh, Johnny picked the pose, I didn't.....lol

bowtieguys
01-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Bill, your car is amazing. Great job to everyone out there who was involved! :hail:

trapin
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
The damn thing finally arrived today. Only 12 days after the rest of the country got theirs. Found out what the problem was however. Appartantly they were being delivered in a semi by a guy named Snow Man and some guy in a '76 Trans Am named Bo. Anyway...I guess there was a girl involved who was supposed to get married to this Sherrif's son and this Sherrif was chasing them all across the country. Anyway, it's not important. It's here and that's all that matters.

So Bill....let me be the 314th person to say, Nice spread.

You were right....that goat DOES look sexual. :yum:

69rs
01-17-2006, 04:51 PM
The damn thing finally arrived today. Only 12 days after the rest of the country got theirs. Found out what the problem was however. Appartantly they were being delivered in a semi by a guy named Snow Man and some guy in a '76 Trans Am named Bo. Anyway...I guess there was a girl involved who was supposed to get married to this Sherrif's son and this Sherrif was chasing them all across the country. Anyway, it's not important. It's here and that's all that matters.

If that was the case it would have gotten there in about 28 hours. :geek:

Todds69
01-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Just got my magazine today, CONGRATS Bill. One fine Goat you have there, enjoy the ride.

sam1
01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Bill... thanks for sneaking my name into PHR! Somehow legitimizes my car addiction. Great to see the 65 go full circle... you are the PT king.

-John

BMF Machine
01-18-2006, 01:45 AM

Well, Did ya tell snowman to get his butt to INDIANA? Mine still hasn't got here? None on the News stands either? I would love to tell Bill how good the spread is, but the spread is, NO WHERE TO BE FOUND IN INDIANA? Plus PHR hasn't updated the features on the website?

Kevin

Roger Poirier
01-18-2006, 04:26 AM
Man oh man Bill. Now you are famous too. I haven't been to the mail box yesterday to check if my issue arrived. Sick as a dog with a cold.

Anyways until my car gets paint on it, looking at cars such as yours in the mags just gets me depressed. Then I have to hear how good looking you are, stand up guy and all. Awesome GTO, and now famous. Next thing you know people will be after your autograph.

Life is a bitch! LOL

R.P.

David Sloan
01-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Congrats Bill!!!
I just got mine in the mail!!! Hey I vote Bill for President!!!! LOL!!!
We love ya Tip!! I mean Bill!!!

Jagarang
01-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Your all just a big bunch of LEG HUMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :bsjerk: :poke:

Frank??? If Bill is well hung please keep it to yourself!

Nude photoshoot with the car!! :screwy: :ssst: :scared: See above statement also Frank!

On a side note I will not sleep in the same bed with you two on Power Tour....STOP ASKING! Lisa and I will have to have a long talk, I'm warning you!

baz67
01-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Lots of people appreciate Bill's car. Smile Cody.

Steve1968LS2
01-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Note: I went through and deleted all the off-topic nonsense. This thead is about Bill's "moment in the sun" with his GTO and I will not let it become a discussion about banned members.

Again, congrats Bill.. what's next for the Goat?

69Nova
01-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah Bill whats next for the goat?

1970cuda
01-18-2006, 10:10 AM
from his "sexual" comment, i would guess some "quality time" riding the goat oops i meant driving the goat :woot:

Bill Howell
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I think I am about through with the goat. Other than a killer sound system that Frank scored at SEMA, the car is about done.
Right now I am trying to decide the next project. I have been looking for a 67 Belvedere for a while now, and after seeing one really do the numbers on Barrett Jackson last night, I am really pumped that that is the right car to do.
However, Melinda has made if VERY CLEAR, no more project until I sell the goat, and I just ain't there yet. So, I guess I will just drive and enjoy it for a while. :drive1:

ACEFOOTER
01-18-2006, 04:02 PM
The Snowman, Bandit and Frog havn't made it to Northern California either. All the Pontiac owners should have gotten thiers first!

Steve1968LS2
01-18-2006, 04:13 PM
The Snowman, Bandit and Frog havn't made it to Northern California either. All the Pontiac owners should have gotten thiers first!

I have yet to figure out the rhyme and reason to how the magazines flow out to newsstands and subscribers. There really doesn't seem to be any pattern

I was in a store yesterday and they still have the Feb issue out.

Steve Chryssos
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I think the print publishing industry's warped logic goes something like this:

Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #1: We live in a multimedia universe. We're under direct attack from TV and the internet. What should we do?
Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #2: I know! I know! How about we drop the ball on customer service altogether?
Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #1: That's an excellent idea!! Why didn't I think of that? Let's go play golf.

Bill Howell
01-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I think the print publishing industry's warped logic goes something like this:

Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #1: We live in a multimedia universe. We're under direct attack from TV and the internet. What should we do?
Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #2: I know! I know! How about we drop the ball on customer service altogether?
Magazine Distribution Industry Executive #1: That's an excellent idea!! Why didn't I think of that? Let's go play golf.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Steve1968LS2
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
<--- trying not to laugh..

:lmao:

zbugger
01-18-2006, 04:49 PM
<--- trying not to laugh..

:lmao:
It only hurts because it's true..... So, what's your handicap? :doh:

Steve1968LS2
01-18-2006, 04:56 PM
It only hurts because it's true..... So, what's your handicap? :doh:

I don't golf.. but I do have handicaps.. :geek:

Jagarang
01-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Again, congrats Bill.. what's next for the Goat?

Isn't that next.....I'll be pissed if I don't get a turn at the wheel!!!

Bill Howell
01-19-2006, 04:32 PM
No worries Kevin, Year One Experience,Power Tour, Columbus Goodguys, Woodward. Just a few off the top of my head. I know one day it will be sold for a new project, but no time soon, gotta drive the dang thang first.

Sifu
01-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Do you have any pics of the inside?

BMF Machine
01-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Sweeeeetttt!, The bandit and Snowman finally made it to Indiana!

Congradulations Bill, that is a sweet GTO and a very NICE article!

Congradulations to Frank, Lisa and Michael again as well, on a very CooL build.

BA.
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
No doubt Bill. I just read the article the other day.

Congratulations! The article was definitely a good read, and I had no idea that your ride was going to be so nice.

Top to bottem, front to back, inside and out, it is VERY WELL DONE and tasteful too. Superb job.

BA
(the cracker that showed up at Pigeon Forge in a Lexus) :)