PDA

View Full Version : DSE tubs, new quarters, and new outer tubs???

fletcherscustoms
01-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Ok here's the deal the car is apart and the old quarter are off. The car needs quarter and both inner and outer wheel tubs. I will be installing the DSE tubs instead of stockers. My question is what process should I take in doing it. Quarter are off, should I go ahead and remove the stock inner and outer tubs also, and then fab up tubs then put on quarters. Should I put outers on only then quarter and then do the DSE tubs?? I am totally confused on the best way to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated and needed ASAP. As I started the project tonight. Thanks

BobK
01-04-2006, 03:27 AM
If you've never done something like this before, this is what I'd do:

- Remove the old quarters, leaving the inners and outers in place
- Set the new quarters, getting everything aligned properly
- Set reference marks so you can re-install the new quarters later
- Take them off, and remove the inners and outers
- Replace the inners and outers with the new pieces- you may need to set the quaters back in place temporarily to get everything aligned properly
- Finish the quarter panel replacements

You don't want to remove everything at once because you'll lose your points of reference for where the quarters are supposed to sit at the wheelwell. This wouldn't be as big of an issue if you weren't adding the mini-tubs, but the geomoetry of the new inners would allow you to reference back to anything to get all of the pieces in the proper locations.

Bob