PDA

View Full Version : Own fabricated brackets for rear disc brakes

night_rider_692004
01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello!

Some more questions left:

I want to install Vette C4 brakes at the 10 bolt rear. I have to fabricate my own brackets=>

Where is the best location for the caliber?
90° to the horizontal line of the car, over the axle?
45° to the horizontal line of the car, to the trunk?
Is there anything I have to pay attention? (the shocks are the only things I know=> I want to convert the staggered shock setup)

Has anybody a drawing of the location (dimension) of the 4 drilled holes of the axle flange? (Where the brackets have to screw on ), I noticed that this is not rectangular.

(Detailed) Pictures of rear disc brake setups are welcome!

protour_chevelle
01-03-2006, 04:22 PM
If this is going on your 69 Camaro... One side is mounted towards the rear and the other is mounted towards the front. It is to clear certain stuff. Someone should really chime in here.

-Matt

Kenova
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Be sure the bleed screws are at the highest point.
Ken

sporter
01-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Courtesy Moser Engineering website:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

MrQuick
01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I believe the C4s faced forward, so you might have a hard time staggering them??edit: with the bleeders up that is

indyjps
01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
check out carlc's website, he uses 2 of the same side lt1 set ups, this may just be for the mounting brackets but it may give some insight on staggered shock set ups.

derekf
01-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Are the C4 rear calipers the same as the LT1-style Camaro rears? (or the LS1 style Camaro)?

The brackets to attach the Camaro calipers to our rear axles are the stock Camaro brackets; not sure how common those are over there.

Samckitt
01-04-2006, 02:19 PM
If I remember correctly the C4 Vette & LT1 F body calipers are basically the same. The difference is in the emergency brake cables. The Vettes pull towards the front of the car & the F body ones pull towards the center. The caliper casting is the same. I originally was going to use the Vette ones, but decided the F body ones would work better with the E brake cable setup on the Monte. However I have not hooked up the E brake yet.
Scot