PDA

View Full Version : POR-15 question

khool67G-Machine
01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering. I know some of you use the POR-15 on your frames and floor boards, but as I went through the site, I noticed that they offer clear coats for different applications. Has anyone ever tried their Aluminum coat, I believe it's Glisten PC? If so, what are the results? Does it really stop oxidation on a polished billet wheel? How durable is it really in everyday driving conditions, and does it dull the shine when applied? Also, the other would be Pelucid. Do any of you guys have the problem of rocks and things chipping your paint when you do any highway driving? I'm speaking particularly of the lower quarters and just behind the front wheels. And also the lower valence up front. When I restored my Camaro for the first time about 12 years or so ago, after about a year of driving, I noticed an ash like appearence on the lower quarter, from rock chips. Of course I could've buffed it out, but it would only repeat after some time driving. POR-15 claims that this Pelucid is rock hard, and can be applied over paints and I'm wondering if that would be a good Idea to apply it to the lower quarters and fenders just behind the wheels and maybe on the Valence to minumize paint blemishes on a driver car. Has anyone tried this and do you think that POR-15 is worthy of making such a claim? Thanks.