PDA

View Full Version : Old Chevy Truck

wiedemab
01-03-2006, 06:51 AM
I guess by definition this this thing isn't Pro-Touring, but it will handle/drive and perform better than a stock '52 Chevy Pickup, but what doesn't?

We (my dad and I) are just trying to see how everything fits before we start doing the final bodywork. I've still got a long road ahead, but it's nice to see it in one piece, even if it is only for a little while.

Still pondering wheel options - 20X10, 18X8? I bought the torque thrusts when I started on the truck, which I'm embarassed to say was before I had a driver's license (10 years ago)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

jakespeeds
01-03-2006, 06:54 AM
Sweet! I love that body style. Been looking for a clean one around me locally for almost a year. Nothing wrong with the torque thrusts. What is your wheel budget?

Jake

wiedemab
01-03-2006, 07:35 AM
I'd like to stay under $2000 for wheels and tires, but I'm not sure how feasible that is. I've been looking at some of Billet Specialties "Street Smart" Series and also some of Boyd's Cast series (Smoothie).

I kind of like colored wheel centers with polished lip, but who knows. If I get it on the road? the wheels I have will work for the time being while I save my pennies!

jakespeeds
01-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Well for that price maybe you want to consider steel wheels like form Stockton wheel. They make a wheel for that truck that looks like a factory wheel but I think they are now making it in sizes up to 18". I know that is not as big as you would like to go but I think the 17's in some super wide offsets would look good. With the steel wheels from them you can specify your offsets and widths to get the widest wheels in there. Should be in your current budget too!

Jake

ertoys
01-03-2006, 09:24 PM
I love the stance of your truck! My dad has a 54 chevy 5 window cab 3100 deluxe. I will try to get some digital pics the next time I go to see him. But I cant talk him into lowering it any more than he has.

You and your father have a great start on your project. It looks awesome and reminds me of my dads truck when he traded his harley for it over 25 years ago.

Its ironic that I stumbled across your truck tonight, we were talking about his lastnight, he wants to add an underbed gas tank where that spare tire is now to get rid of the in cab tank.

Any suggestions?

Ed

ertoys
01-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Soory, had to post again. I just looked at your website, and now I am really impressed! very nice!

:twothumbs

Johnny Blaze
01-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Awsome! My dad has been wanting to do a round fender truck like yours. Fellow hoosier as well, what part of Indiana are you in?

wiedemab
01-04-2006, 05:59 AM
I'm from a small town outside of Lawrenceburg, IN. I'm only about 25 mins from Cincinnati, OH - and about 10 mins from the river.

ProTeal55
01-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Great looking truck , will be killer when finished.....

rickk
01-04-2006, 07:42 AM
sweet.:twothumbs
rick k

Johnny Blaze
01-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Cool. I grew up in Hanover, not too far from you. Live in New Albany now.

wiedemab
01-05-2006, 04:49 AM
We have some really good friends that live in Madison. You've probably seen some of there vehicles around the area. The one they have had out the most recently is a green '64 Scout

Unfortunately I've spent this week taking care other things and not working on the truck. I hope to get back on it next week.

Johnny Blaze
01-05-2006, 04:57 AM
Say, you didn't happen to go to Versailles, did you?

wiedemab
01-05-2006, 06:42 AM
I know quite a few people from Versailles. Are you referring to the show they had in Versailles? I didn't make it last year. A friend of mine who does all of my engine work is a teacher at the vocational school in Versailles. He put on a show to raise money for the school. We'll have to stay in touch as the car show season arrives and maybe we'll see each other at a few.

boodlefoof
01-05-2006, 10:15 AM
looking good! My father in law has a '53. They are great looking trucks.

Kenova
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
NICE CURVES! The truck, I'm talking about the truck! It's not often that I see something here on PT that's older than I am LOL )
Ken