PDA

View Full Version : What are our other hobbies???

Pro-touring towncar
09-24-2004, 06:47 AM
With Tony L posting about his new hobby. Let's see what other things interest us.

Tim

PS: BTW sex isn't a hooby it's an obsesion :woot: :woot: :lmao: :lmao: :screwy:

will69camaro
09-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Other hobbies not including cars period or just not working on our cars?

I build model cars and also do some PC as well as Console gaming. (most games i play are car games though). My girlfriend is a freelance photographer when she's not working on my car. She also collects toy cars and books...As for my other hobbies....does watching TV count?

William

jonny51
09-24-2004, 08:05 AM
I just got back into cars but for the last ten years i have been racing motocross.I also have a boat and wakeboard alot.Altough I am going to sell it to get more car stuff lol.

mdprovee
09-24-2004, 08:09 AM
I am a Volunteer fireman. Do it a couple nites a week, 6pm to 6am.

Mike

F70t/a
09-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Drinking beer :icon996: playing pool

Gonzostyle
09-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Well anything Car related of course. Non car related activities include wakeboarding, snowboarding, and teaching myself to spin (turntables, mixer etc). oh yeah and remodeling my house.....

-Jeremie

slck6t9
09-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Rock climbing and spending time with family

Scott

XcYZ
09-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Snowmobiling, both here in Minnesota and also in the mountains of Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. Let is snow!!

Ralph LoGrasso
09-24-2004, 11:47 AM
My other hobbies include reptiles, and animals in general. Currently I have 6 snakes and 5 lizards, and I've had it all throughout the years.

cjhutch
09-24-2004, 01:34 PM
I play paintball twice a week and have set the backyard up into a small course. I also like working out because there's lots of "motivation" there in the form of hot girls. :naughty:

Ralph LoGrasso
09-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Corey, You've got a PM.

zbugger
09-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, some around here know about one of my "hobbies", but some would call that more of an obsession....

Well, besides that, I just like doing nothing. I sleep a lot too. That's a cool hobbie. I also like going out and just driving. Then I also play softball, and I'm in and out of building model cars. I haven't finished any recently, but that's because I find parts off other models and scavenge them to put onto whatever I'm building.

Chevyman73
09-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Yeah when I'm not selling car parts I work on cars, talk about cars, and shop for parts for my cars. Family, my horses, and my yellow lab "Sunny" get most of the spare time though.

RobM
09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
i like playing music, fishing and playing paint ball, used to race bikes im also in to speed boats and pretty much any thing high performance

Pro-touring towncar
09-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Well Mine are building model cars and semis, car audio compititon, four wheeling, and my new hobby single action shooting.

Tim

astroracer
09-24-2004, 06:12 PM
I've been into model cars forever. I have an aftermarket turned aluminum and photoetched model parts business that is pretty well dried up now.
I also do some woodworking and remodeling, and the hobby that consumes most of my time now is DRIVING 3 HOURS EVERYDAY BACK AND FORTH TO WARREN TO WORK!!! I'm sorry... was I yelling? :seizure:
Mark

Jims78elky
09-24-2004, 06:34 PM
I've been doing model rc cars for over 10 years,off/on and iam a gun
collector,hand-guns preferably. I was into rc don't do the rc
stuff as much,cost to much:rolleyes: i still have my 1/8 scale gas power
on road car,insane fast,nitro burning,and corners like crazy! Like
to take it out with my kid on the week-ends with his T-maxx truck.

PRO TC
09-24-2004, 07:12 PM
my second love is snowmobiling. i just picked up my new 05 aritic cat f7 efi sno pro.
let it snow baby.
barry

Martin71RS
09-24-2004, 07:15 PM
I used to ride/build motorbikes, but can't afford it anymore....all goes into the Camaro..

I am also very into Tamiya RC modelcars, specially older ones. I also created a monster truck (alu lasercut frame which I designed in CAD) and will start racing it soon.
heres a short movie of it. (two 17x2 electric motors on a 7.2V stickpack)
http://home.planet.nl/~weerl000/martinsmodcoldmovieshort.wmv

If anyone has older Tamiya cars/parts laying around, please mail me, I might be interested....

Speed Raycer
09-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I used to play guitar and was actually pretty good until I met my future wife. Pretty much stopped playing until our son was born. Now I play a little more often.

My current "Hobby" is roadracing. I race an 80 RX7 in the SCCA's Improved Touring class. It's quite a blast. If it wasn't for the feeling that the 20 minutes or so on the track gives you, I'd have quit it a long time ago. This past year has been fairly frustrating (New car that was "Finished" when I bought it) as parts keep failing or I make stupid mistakes (zinged the motor during a spin). That 20 minutes of seat time, plus the people I share the track with make it a great, but expensive, hobby.

ZZ430
09-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Dirt bikes...Husqvarna.

Don't race anymore, just some trail riding in the mountains and an occasional desert ride.

hotrodgary
09-25-2004, 03:33 PM
:smoke: My life revolves around cars, It's all I think about.....other than women :smoke:

I got TONS of model cars but dont really work on them much anymore, I collect hotwheels and anykind of diecast actually, I started collecting the large scale choppers.

I like freehand drawing....cars of course!

But now I drive an hour to work for my new job as a graphic designer at a sign co., Not as bad as astroracer though....But by the time I get home I dont feel like doin sh#t :sad4:

quantum
09-25-2004, 04:34 PM
I attempt to produce Electronic Music...and I have a small shot glass and Die Cast Collection. I also watch a lot of anime.

baz67
09-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Well as you saw from my thread I started when I got back. It is rock climbing and mountaineering.
Brian

Jims78elky
09-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I used to ride/build motorbikes, but can't afford it anymore....all goes into the Camaro..

I am also very into Tamiya RC modelcars, specially older ones. I also created a monster truck (alu lasercut frame which I designed in CAD) and will start racing it soon.
heres a short movie of it. (two 17x2 electric motors on a 7.2V stickpack)
http://home.planet.nl/~weerl000/martinsmodcoldmovieshort.wmv

If anyone has older Tamiya cars/parts laying around, please mail me, I might be interested.... I had a tamiya "grasshopper",but gave it to a kid down the street
just to play around with,i hear today that older tamiya rc cars are
"collector" items,geeesh..maybe thats how he affords his new
C-5 that i see him rolloin around in! :hmm:

TonyL
09-25-2004, 11:24 PM
my brother has a T-MAXX it runs for a few minutes and just dies. you have to wait till it cools down, and start over. weve tryed adjusting the carb. Thats a real expencive hobby. especially when you dont get to use it much.

ProdigyCustoms
09-26-2004, 06:35 AM
I play a lot of poker, online a few nights a week and live when I can. I'm not very good, wanna play?
I also love Bikes, but am without right now. I'll build a new bike after the first of the year, once Prodigy is done. Also enjoy bike rally's, concerts, a good times. Here is a pic of last Bikeweek.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Andrew McBride
09-26-2004, 06:49 AM
I have been thinking about all my hobbies ever since this post came up. Hmmm...all I can think of is cars, cars, and cars! I need another hobby! No kidding, I enjoy snow skiing although I am about 8.5 hours from my nearest slope. I don't really race anymore but I have 5 RC cars electric cars-Team Losi truck and 3 buggys and 1 truck-RC10. I just enjoy working in general and have to stay busy. When I am not at school, I am at home working on our farm of about 100 head and 400 acres to keep me nice and busy. As some know there is always enough to keep you busy on a farm. a little bass fishing is always fun when you need some relaxation.

Andrew

CAMAROBOY69
09-26-2004, 10:40 AM
My main other hobby is Video games. Playstation 2 consumes sooo much of my time. Especially since I can get all my games for free because I just rent and burn them. I also play X-Box. Lucky for me the new girlfriend is just as addicted to games as I am so I don't feel guilty playing for 12 hours straight since she is usually playing along beside me. We usually have people over every weekend playing something since my room has 2 playstation 2's, 1 xbox, the computer, and the router setup. I have had up to 4 people in my gameroom all playing online at the same time together in the same game. :) :)

Jims78elky
09-26-2004, 03:47 PM
my brother has a T-MAXX it runs for a few minutes and just dies. you have to wait till it cools down, and start over. weve tryed adjusting the carb. Thats a real expencive hobby. especially when you dont get to use it much.You might want to try to "rich" up the engine,ifs it is too "lean"
overheating is common,thick blue heavy smoke is a good sign,also
make sure there are no leaks around the carbs base( a drop of dish soap)
liquid should tell you so when its running,(no bubbles)what motor is in his maxx .15 .21 ?

Money is a joke in RC..and its the young kids that it hurts the most,
iam a big time PC game fan,mostly the first person shooters :machine:
been playing Doom3 and its awesome,also like to upgrade/work
on computors.. Thats maybe why i don't have more money for "real"
car "projects" Hmmm...anyone know a good mental hospital in cali?

68BNUT
09-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Well here goes Hobbies are Enduro racing (yamaha 426wr) T-maxx 2.5, seems that since I got my car the old tmaxx has gone on the shelf and the dirt bike just collects the dirt now!! :drool:

Nine Ball
09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Look at my log-in name. I used to play semi-pro 9-ball, and was the Southwest Conference 9-ball champion during my Jr year of college. I have an 8' table here at home. I don't compete much anymore, cars have taken over my priority.

I enjoy designing web sites. Here are two business sites that I developed:
www.MotorsportTech.com
www.TotalBodyMag.com

I also make all my own car websites, as well as run LS1TECH.com

mountain biking and just about anything outdoors is fun too. I enjoy playing sports more than watching them on TV.

Other than that, its either building cars, modifying cars, or racing cars.

JamesJ
09-26-2004, 07:53 PM
My hobbies come and go fast but the latest are hunting south zone in Texas just opened for dove. And indoor skydiving, a friend of mine just started this business so I have been practicing. http://adrenln.com

MrQuick
09-26-2004, 09:46 PM
hey James that looks like alot of fun! How much does it cost?
My hobbies are: builing cars , welding , shaping metal , drag racing , road racing , mountain bike down hill , rappeling , free rock climbing , stone running , camping , gun collecting , target shooting , off roading with my quad , Jeep rock crawling , construction , scuba diving , spear fishing(but hate fish) , paint ball wars , big movie buff and collecting shells.
Would like to get into : Sky diving , pro dodge ball , working less , but working on MY cars , interior work , TIG welding , running a shop , being a father , collecting real estate , and cars that actually run.
Things i've quit : Surfing (miss) , smoking , working out , playing soft ball , drinking , dating red heads , womenizing , and 2 night stands....funny all those go together???? :hmm:

dennis68
09-26-2004, 09:58 PM
My hobbies come and go fast but the latest are hunting south zone in Texas just opened for dove. And indoor skydiving, a friend of mine just started this business so I have been practicing. http://adrenln.com

OH *****---I gotta do that. Texas huh? How about some details James?

JamesJ
09-27-2004, 03:10 PM
The one they have now is a portable unit. They have taken it to different events across the country. They can only stay in one place for a few months before to many people complain about the noise. It’s a V12 Cummins TT that runs an airplane prop. They are in the process of building a stationary place in a mall by my house that will also include rock climbing, Yoga, and a few other activities that fit into that category. The new one is suppose to be the best and newest technology, no noise, cleanest air, highest speeds, all that jazz. Here is a link to some videos of an L1 (What they are getting)

Dennis [url=]http://www.skyventure.com/ (]http://bodyflight.net/aac_vertical_wind_tunnel_video.html[/url) they have one in Cali but not as good as the L1 is going to be, but better then the portable unit