PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Touring Questions???

Big $$$
12-30-2005, 03:38 PM
I was wondering about front and rear weight balance. The ideal front and rear balance is 50/50. I was woundering how this might be obtained in a muscle car. In the street rod maket people put rear mounted vette transmissions in rods, but Ive yet to see one in a muscle car? Also I guess you could run this setup with an aluminum small block in the front with a rear mounted vette tranny. Does anyone know the original distribution for a 69 SS Camaro??? Maybe like 60/40 dunno??? How much does a ford 9 inch weigh compaired to small block???

Interesting to note- a Ferrari Enzo with a rear mounted V-12 only has a 45- 55 front/rear distribution, seems crazy. Vette has 50-50 dispite front engine... Cool huh??? It's also interesting to note that the new vette set track numbers in Germany beter than Porsche, Lambo and Ferrari. I saw it a few mo.'s ago in Road and track or mabe it was motor trend, but it had like the 2nd best lap time ever recorded at (forgive the spelling (neurinburg???) I was surprised now Im wondering does anyone know anything about how I might get 50/50 in a 69 Camaro, or close to it? :drive1: :drive2:

TitoJones
12-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Here are some quick reads:
http://65.18.219.5/forum/showthread.php?t=6749&highlight=weight+distribution
A bit harder to follow who originally said what but-
http://65.18.219.5/forum/showthread.php?t=206&highlight=weight+distribution

For a transaxled car take a look at the Johnson 'Cuda that has over 7K views in the 'Open Discussion' forum. It can an has been done to a muscle car!

Tyler

sunkistcamaro
01-03-2006, 12:28 PM
My friend stopped by last night and scaled my car for me. Maybe you might like to see the numbers I got from my car. First my 69 is all steel no fiberglass parts. I have C5/C4 front brakes, 17” Centerlines, TH700r4. I do have a small block 350 with aluminum heads and intake.
The car with me in it scaled out at 3565# that’s with me in it at 240# (yah I know…. I need to diet…) Driver Front 954#, Driver Rear 874#, Passenger Front 946# and Passenger Rear 791#
Hope this helps.