PDA

View Full Version : Updated my website

Jim Nilsen
12-28-2005, 09:13 PM
I finally got a vacation and have had the time to add a few new pics to my website for the car.

http://www.angelfire.com/il/cormaro/

Make sure you use the navigation bar at the bottom to get the pics to come up. For those of you that have been there you can get to the new ones by going to 14-17.

Jim Nilsen

Martin71RS
12-29-2005, 06:14 AM
Nice to finally see an update Jim! The car is looking very good.....

(I've been following your build for about 7 years now :twothumbs )

Martin

Steve Chryssos
12-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Very cool. I see a bright and shiny light at the end of the tunnel.

F70t/a
12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
looks great!!!!

Jim Nilsen
12-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys for your support and nice words.

It's been a lot longer than ever expected to do this car as Martin pointed out. But because of me it has taken him longer too,LOL.

This car will prove to a lot of people that you don't have to have a lot of money all at once to do a car like this. It takes Desire,Dedication and Discipline, the 3 D's as I sometimes call it. I have also heard it called Time and Talent which can feed off of each other since it takes time to learn talent. I know now that I don't want to color sand paint for a living just yet.

It amazes me how many times I have gone to my site and see the number of times people have been there. The guy who did the front page with the moving stripe still can't believe how many hits that it gets.

I will try to keep the updates more frequent, like Steevo says, the light at the end is getting brighter and it is still a ways away but when you have been working on a car for as long as I have been doing this one a year seems like a very short moment.

Happy New Year to Everyone :cheers:

Jim Nilsen

Roger Poirier
12-30-2005, 01:18 PM
You got me beat time wise. I'm on ten plus years and counting.

Looking good. Progress is slow but sure.

Jim Nilsen
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi Roger, The rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say, I have you beat in the other direction. I started work on my car in 1991. Tony Huntimer once said it has to be the longest running project here. I have taken so much from friends and relatives about it that it quit bothering me about 5years ago. When it gets done it will get done. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to deciding on what to do and how to do it and I just can't let go of the ideal to do it all myself. I liked it when I saw THE REAL BOB JOHNSON say that he would have noone else to blame for the way his Camaro will turn out since he is doing all of the work himself. I just wish I was as fast as he is at gettin something done.

I keep hoping they will come out with a reality TV show that is called " Unfininished Project" or something like that where they come in and have a bunch of guys complete projects that guys like me haven't given up on but have gone longer than 10 years. It would inspire a lot of people to see how close they really are to finishing when they see it completed in 2 weeks. I saw many a car on American Hotrod thet were as close as mine done in 7 days with all of those guys who do it everyday jumping on it.

I have made some packaging decisions lately that I was real damn glad that I thought them out a bit more before I started punching holes in sheetmetal for. Once I am commited to a plan I stick with it but until then I have such an open mind to change and the infuence that continues around here keeps me undecided about how to do things.

I know that I am not the only one who has these issues having been here from the beginning and a lot of the newer members are showing us how to do things much faster and in a more professional way.

Will I get mine done this year? I sure would like to fire it up and go down the road but like usual, Life is what happens when you are busy building a P/T car.

Happy New Year and may the Horsepower be with you all :yeah:

Jim Nilsen

mikey
12-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Don't feel bad mine has been under constuction since oct. 1988. Finally serious about it last year not in the rebuild phase yet still buying parts. Hope to get started on that later this year after I finish every one elses cars that are either in my garage or lined up to go in. Oh well at least that will help with the funding:lol: . Love the color.

jeffandre
01-01-2006, 11:19 AM
I have taken so much from friends and relatives about it that it quit bothering me about 5years ago. When it gets done it will get done. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to deciding on what to do and how to do it and I just can't let go of the ideal to do it all myself. I liked it when I saw THE REAL BOB JOHNSON say that he would have noone else to blame for the way his Camaro will turn out since he is doing all of the work himself. I just wish I was as fast as he is at gettin something done.

Will I get mine done this year? I sure would like to fire it up and go down the road but like usual, Life is what happens when you are busy building a P/T car.
Jim Nilsen

My 71 Camaro project has been ongoing since 1985, and the ribbing does not bother me anymore. My response is that the trip is what it is all about, not just the destination. Since life happens most during the timely trips, let's live and enjoy it. And yes, I am my own worst enemy and I enjoy that too!

Nice Camaro btw, keep up the good work, and when you finish wetsanding at some point in the future you are welcome to come to my place and keep your skills up!!! :)

Roger Poirier
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I keep hoping they will come out with a reality TV show that is called " Unfininished Project" or something like that where they come in and have a bunch of guys complete projects that guys like me haven't given up on but have gone longer than 10 years. It would inspire a lot of people to see how close they really are to finishing when they see it completed in 2 weeks. I saw many a car on American Hotrod that were as close as mine done in 7 days with all of those guys who do it everyday jumping on it.

Jim Nilsen

I thought the same thing. I would close my eyes and re-open them. Finished. LOL

I have learned this though... If it takes too long, as in our case, things keep on changing. I'm now on my third set of tire and rims and yet none of them have been driven on. Chrome bumper is being re-chromed a 2nd time. Scratched it transferring it from room to room within the house. The list goes on. The one good thing is I believe I have it right with the pro-touring aspect of the car. If I had finished it 5 years ago, I would now be making major additional changes.

R.P.