PDA

View Full Version : DSE 600 pre-install question

davepl
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
I ordered a DSE600 steering box a week or so ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive, I've done a little more reading and I see mentions of adapters needed.

The DSE order page makes absolutely no mention of this, and I haven't been able to get a response to email (in fact, I have no idea if its even shipped, since maybe they're gone for Christmas or something).

Can someone who's been through this let me know what I need to connect this box ('69 Camaro), and ideally, where to get the fittings?

Thanks,
Dave

Steve1968LS2
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
To use the old school PS hoses you will need adapters to fit the new type connectors on the 600 box.

They do sell these at DSE.

I had new custom braided lines made so it didn't affect my install. Call DSE and they can get you hooked up.

Rick Dorion
12-29-2005, 05:45 AM
You might need a different rag joint too. Also, call them with any questions. Email can be delayed.

davepl
12-29-2005, 10:01 AM
I called them and ordered the hose kit and adapter. My box shipped out on the 22nd and won't be here until the 3rd... that's amazingly slow for UPS!

Drives me crazy when companies try to have a web presence, set up a site, advertise online and sponsor online forums, but never respond to email. They're by no means the only ones, of course...

Actually, what's even worse is companies who pay someone to do a flash intro for their website and then everything is "call us for more information" and no product listings. DSE is at least light years ahead of that!

davepl
12-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Just called them back and added the rag joint to the order as well... also suggested they add all that info on the order page, which would save guys like me who don't know what they're doing several shipping charges :-)

Steve1968LS2
12-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I called them and ordered the hose kit and adapter. My box shipped out on the 22nd and won't be here until the 3rd... that's amazingly slow for UPS!

The combination of massive amounts of mail moving combines with lots of days off makes this time of year a biatch to ship in ..