PDA

View Full Version : good samaritan post from Team Chevelle

dennis68
09-23-2004, 04:19 PM
I posted this over at Team Chevelle since that is where Ken hangs out, I thought it would be good reading here too-

A while back I put a listing up that I needed a pair of front lower control arms. I got a little response, some didn't follow through and some thought I meant rears. Then I got an email from "Ken", he thinks he might have a source for what I need. We correspond a few times and then he emails back that he went to the pick-n-pull and pulled the control arms for me. I send him the money he requested and today they show up. Not only did he go and pull the parts (not easy) out of a wrecking yard, he cleaned them and tanked them, then shipped them for 75.00. Now shipping across 3 states has got to be at least 15.00 right, that leaves 60.00. My local yard wants 50/each, not cleaned or tanked. Ken obviously did not make any money here, just helping out a fellow enthusiast.

I had to say something about this transaction because it is far and few between to find people like this in the world, Ken deserves a huge thank you not only from me but from everybody for reminding us that people do care about someone besides themselves.

BTW, thanks for the offer Derek, if you do find them I am still interested in a pair of back ups.

Steve Chryssos
09-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Nice story. Good going Ken and Dennis too for calling attention to the deed. :cool:
/Steevo