PDA

View Full Version : Auto Meter Gauge question...

Buick Motorsports
12-26-2005, 08:35 PM
.... I'm assembling my list of gauges to be purchased and I have a few questions, that hopefully some of you more experienced enthusiasts can answer.

First the necessary info:

Car is a 1985 Buick Regal, Factory SBC 305, with a digital dash.

The fuel gauge specs state that the gauge reads empty @ 0 ohms and full @ 90 ohms. Is this gauge compatible with my car?

Now as a matter of opinion....what do you guys think about air/fuel ratio gauge? Is it very useful?

Ralph LoGrasso
12-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure on your cars specs, but what is the application for the A/F gauge? In my opinion if the car is supercharged or turbo, it needs to have an a/f gauge; it is extremely vital to monitor A/F on an FI car.

Buick Motorsports
12-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Ralph,

Quick reply!!!

I am going to be running a carbeurated mill. I was just curious to see what some of you think.

toxicz28
12-27-2005, 02:30 PM
.... I'm assembling my list of gauges to be purchased and I have a few questions, that hopefully some of you more experienced enthusiasts can answer.

First the necessary info:

Car is a 1985 Buick Regal, Factory SBC 305, with a digital dash.

The fuel gauge specs state that the gauge reads empty @ 0 ohms and full @ 90 ohms. Is this gauge compatible with my car?

Now as a matter of opinion....what do you guys think about air/fuel ratio gauge? Is it very useful?

Fuel gauges are "usually" set up to read a GM sender. I think the C2 gauge is programmable though.

stealth71
12-29-2005, 08:33 AM
The A/F ratio gauge really ins't useful unless you are running a wideband O2 setup. Like the Innovative LM1.