PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any thought's about this?

PaceCarNut
12-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I checked in the search feature, but didnt find anything. I am puting all my ideas down on paper and starting to collect some of the hard to find pieces as I find them.
Has anyone thought about using an electronic 4 wheel steering system? Like the system the used in the Honda Prelude? I know it will require independent rear suspension. Looking at maybe using a custom made frame.
I am also going to be using the steering column and seat tracks out of the Acura legend GS due to it has the auto memory features with the d/s seat and the telescoping steering column. Also puling out the climate control system and going to see if I can incorperate it with a vintage air system, shouldnt be to difficult.
Im just thinking, I might as well install all the comforts of a newer model cars into the project. plus with a family member owning a salvage yard that helps also.
Any ideas about this 4WS idea? The preludes 88-95 with that system drove like a dream...

WS6
12-26-2005, 06:14 PM
if im nto mistaken it only worked at slower speeds. so if your planning on tracking the car its a waste. it may work well for solo2 autox though as the speeds there for the tight turns are slow enough i would think. all this is based on my thought that the system only worked in slower speeds. if im wrong then i think it would be hella cool but it may be way too much trouble.

MoeBawlz
12-28-2005, 04:39 PM
i believe that some vehicles use it at lower and higher speeds too, but at different ratios. Obviously at low speeds the rear wheels will turn more than at higher speeds. I think the Chevy truck 4Wheel steer has this, but im not positive.

I had thought about doing something like this myself, but id like to get this camaro done first then plan for something crazy.