PDA

View Full Version : Pro Charger questionS...thats plural, theres alot of them

Nicks67GTO
12-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey guys, who here is running an ATI pro charger? I was concidering building a new motor here in about 2 years but this is looking like a better option with what i have invested in my 350. The bottom end now consists of a 10/20 block with 4 bolt billet splayed caps. Oliver front main cap. Eagle 4340 H beams and a 4340 eagle crank. I would then have to go to a dish piston to get my compression to 8:1 or so And in doing that id re ring it and put new bearings in.

My next question is are you running an inercooler? Is the inercooler a good investment? Are there any informational websites about Pro Chargers? How much did your entire Pro Charger setup cost?
What could i expect for a power with 200 CC RaceRites, a team G, a good blow through carb, 1 7/8" super comps, and the correct cam. Speaking of cams how does one go about picking a cam out for a pro charged motor? Id be going for maximum reliable power on 91 octane gas. What do you all think? Im trying to suck up as much info on this subject as i can..

ProdigyCustoms
12-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I assume you mean you have a 10 / 20 crank, not a 10 /20 block. Fat fingers I assume, LOL! Your Eagle stuff is plenty strong internals. As far as picking A ProChrger, you can easily see 600HP with just a P1SC, but that will be maxing it out. A D1SC is worth some more HP, but you will need to up everything then, like the intercooler will need to be added to the system to be able to run pump gas with the added boost, more head, more cam, more exhaust, more everything.
Retail for a P1SC is a $2500 set up, A D1SC is about $3200, intercooler adds right at $1000, another $400 or so for a race vale (blow off), which you will need for bigger boost applications.
As far as picking the cam, it should be done with however you are buying your blower from, but probably something in the 250 / 255 duration range and a 114 LC will be close for a 600HP set up.
these are all very broad answers to very broad questions. When you get serious and are ready to buy, ring us up.

Nicks67GTO
12-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks prodigy. Thats a good info to build on. As far as the block goes i really meant a 10/20 block. The high nickel one. has a 10 stamped above the 20 inside the timing chain cover. It was a 2 bolt block but i never looked to see what it came from before i had it 0 decked.

Now because a blower is "forced" port velocity, does a large head such as a 215-220cc head hurt loe end power or does it just increase power across the board? I can get my hands on some fresh 215cc track 1's for a good price, possibly a trade for my RaceRites.