PDA

View Full Version : Help cleaning up a mess

Todd
09-23-2004, 08:02 AM
Just after my car was painted, the body shop had their "saturday" helper buff and polish my car. I didn't see it until about a month after it was done when I went to pick it up. There is dried rubbing compound and polish in just about every body seam on the car. Since they already had the car for about two years and seeing the stellar job they did buffing it, I just decided to fix it myself at home. It just will not come off. I've used a 2500 psi pressure washer, dish soap, ppg pre-clean, etc. Does anyone have a trick for solving this problem? :crying:

BRIAN
09-23-2004, 06:10 PM
Sometimes when a car' primer coats are wet sanded the residue gets into the crevices. Problem is when car isn't prepped properly this residue can be left there and sealed in when the clear coat is applied. Honestly if you used a nylon bristle brush and prep solvent and it is still there it may be the above problem. Usally this happens in wheel well and door jamb areas due to water residue dripping during sanding process. Hopefully you just aren't cleaning hard enough and it is final compond residue.