PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop in Arizona

barno68
12-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Can anyone give some referals for paint shops in Phoenix (or metro area)? Thanks.

Brent

hotroddr
12-22-2005, 01:04 PM
How about my garage? I would guess you are pretty close to me since I am in Mesa as well. I will check and see what places other people have used and get back with you. I paint my own stuff so I dont know, but my fiance works at a body shop so I can have her get some reccomendations for you.

hotroddr
12-22-2005, 01:06 PM
oh yeah....and welcome to this forum!

barno68
12-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I am still a few months off as I am just finishing cleaning off the 35 years of accumulated crud from the floorpan and have not started stripping the sub-frame.

I don't mind spraying the undercarriage, but I leave the visible parts to those that know what they are doing :-) I still have ventilation nightmares from my garage painting days...

Since I am in central Mesa (Gilbert & Southern), you can't be too far away.

jamesg602
12-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Welcome aboard barno68, hotroddr where are you located at? I would like to come by and possibly pick up a buisness card for future reference.

jamesg602

paul67
12-24-2005, 01:34 AM
When I was over there in 2000 I used to go to a cruise night on early sats nights up by indian road it was at a big shopping mall.
I would ask around there if its still on.
paul67

barno68
12-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Paul, the show still occurs every Saturday night in the McDonalds parking lot. I had planned to get up there and ask around, but all my Saturdays of late have been busy :-( Such is life.

shortbed454
12-24-2005, 11:03 AM
a good sho that i would recomend is sterling auto body. my budy works for them as a painter and they do good work.

Reckn8
12-24-2005, 11:20 AM
I've used Mike Henry's for years. He's located just of Center just south of Broadway. I think you'll be very happy with his work. HotRods and muscle cars are his specialty.

Emo69SS
12-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Brent,
I'm in Massachusetts but my car was painted in Arizona. Gilbert Collision in Gilbert Arizona did the work about 6 years ago and they did a great job. My uncle is a bodyman here in Mass and he was impressed with the work they did. I had him paint custom racing stripes last winter. If you look at my vbgarage you can see my car and get an idea of the paint job. Hope this helps!

Eric

hotroddr
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
sorry I dont have anything for you yet...Im still working on it. No refferals for a body shop yet. I have always done my own stuff so I havent used anyone, I got a good respirator now so I wont die by 30 of lung cancer hopefully. jamesg602 I dont have a business card yet because I dont have a business, I just wrench for fun...for now....but Im near Val Vista and Brown in Mesa. One of these saturdays we will all have to show everyone how its done at the Pavillions car show at mcdonalds in scottsdale.