PDA

View Full Version : Alcino's Bachelor/Track Party?

alcino
12-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm getting married this August and thought Vince's bachelor/track day party was such a great event that I wondered if anyone would be interested for a second round. This time I get the harassment.

Here is that date of the Speedventures event that was chosen:
Streets of Willow Springs May 13th & 14th, 2006 Full Track w/ bowl
you can get more info and sign up here (http://www.speedventures.com/5-13-2006_event.asp).
$140 one day.
$240 both days.
$20 transponder (get this, nice to know your times).
$30 instuctor fee(for beginners)

It should be great weather and a great time. If you never ran with SV checkout their web site www.speedventures.com and read up. 1st timers must take a little class time and in-car instruction, but after lunch you are let loose with the rest of us. I thought the schooling would be lame, but I learned a lot and was glad I did it, so don't feel turned off by it. Also passengers are allowed! So jump on in if you have a helmet, I don't mind.

People who have signed up(really committed)
1. Alcino 76 Mustang II
2. Mary mpossi camaro
3. MonteC_ss85 Monte Carlo
4. Paul Kwan (friend from work with lexus is300)
5. CarlC camaro
6. Orngcrush69( Dave driving a Camaro?)
7. ISZach (Paul kwan's friend with an is300)
8. speedwayZ06Troy corvette
9. mrquick Vince camaro
10. mrsquick Gina camaro
11. Rascal srt-4
12. Steve Z06
13. Brian Z06
14. Jon Z06

Note: I edited this post to have the latest info.
:drive1:

sinned
12-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Willows in May sounds good, still cool in May isn't it?

David Pozzi
12-20-2005, 05:10 PM
The Feb event at Button Willow would be good for us. anything but July or August because of the heat. If you all wanted to come up to Laguna Seca, there is a Green Flag Driving event the end of March. Their web site is down today for some reason.
http://www.greenflagdriving.com/

Steve1968LS2
12-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Penny is due to be done mid Feb.. if she is up and running then count me in :)

Although I have only been on the track once in over two years.. I will be rusty (I really need to keep at least one car in one piece)..

David Pozzi
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Steve, that would be fun to see you out there!

CarlC
12-20-2005, 09:40 PM
I've got the shakes now. I'm in.

MrQuick
12-20-2005, 10:49 PM
HEY HELL YEAH!! Congrates Al, hey, why don't we just rent the track in Feb or March?? Im always getting emails about putting an event together...this would be perfect or we could do a another clinic cause it includes lunch and its faily cheap or just plain straight out rent the track.
I can pull the gang together and atleast 15 more guys?? get a head count going.

MrQuick
12-20-2005, 10:51 PM
plus i should have a pt car done by then.

alcino
12-20-2005, 11:19 PM
The clinic was cool,but I felt bad for all those that came to watch and couldn't get a ride. Plus I wanted to ride in others cars. But hey,it was great learning about driving.

Renting the track could be cool. Vince, do you know how many we need to make that a worth while deal? Do we have to deal with insurance in anyway? Like a bond or something?

Headcount: loosely confirmed

alcino
dennis68
david possi
steve rupp
carlC
vince

zbugger
12-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I might go, but to watch. I don't think I'm ever getting my car going again at this rate.....

MrQuick
12-20-2005, 11:29 PM
no it was really simple. The reason why I didn't want to rent it the last time because I had to be sure everyone showed up...I didn't want to get stuck with a $6500 bill for 10 friends.

email Les and Laura May (way cool people too) at [email protected] and [email protected] they will run down the details.

Let them know we are crackin out to come back...they should remember us? Atleast Laura May will. For those that want info on the track (http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/)
I'll try to find info on Willowsprings too...more options the better.

MrQuick
12-20-2005, 11:30 PM
your gonna rent a car this time!!!I think I can trust you with the 3rd gen? Thats if girls aren't allowed???

mpozzi
12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm definitely in . . .

mpozzi
12-21-2005, 05:49 PM
One drawback to February is the probability of rain. Just a thought as I don't think anyone wants to use their PT cars for plowing up mud or digging trenches. The May event sounds better for the weather but either way, I'm in.

Steven
12-21-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm in, try to avoid the holiday at the end of the month. Might be able to get two locals to attend. One is building a Mazda, not pro touring but it would help with the cost.

David Pozzi
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I think the track offers liability insurance as an option. You need to ask about course workers and a flagman.

sinned
12-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Here (http://www.opentrackracing.com/) is a viable alternative. I'd love to run the big track at Willows.

alcino
12-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the alternative dennis. That really gave a lot more dates to deal with. I've never been to Willow springs. I really want to try that big track. Will having the event at Willow Springs turn away the bay area folk for its added distance?

I think renting out the track seems really risky. I don't think we can have the numbers to make it viable. Maybe everyone here can surprize me, but the last two "pro-touring" events that I was at had 3 and 10~ pt cars. Also I don't think its too bad to do it with speed ventures or whatever. they deal with the flag people and give us a cheap option of timing our cars so we can brag, compareand and what not at the end of the day.

Alcino

alcino
dennis68
david possi
mpozzi
steve rupp
carlC
vince
Alan?
MonteC_ss85

PhillipM
12-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Personally the big track at Willow sounds good. I have done the small track and it really isn't very good track for bigger muscle cars. The bid track seems much more suitable for high horsepower PT cars. :)

MrQuick
12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Will having the event at Willow Springs turn away the bay area folk for its added distance? not my bunch, you guys came out for mine...its the least we can do.

The big track seems much more suitable for high horsepower PT cars I agree, lot more fun... lets see how big the bawls are. Im gonna have to get a bigger trailer. LOL

add these guys Al,
Pascual SRT4
Jimmy SRT4
Brian Z06
Troy Z06
John Z06
Jav Z06
David Z06
Larry Magnum
John Nova
Ron Mustang
Steve Z06

Steve1968LS2
12-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Are there lots of things to hit at Willow? That's one reason I like Buttonwillow.. low chance for drama durring "off track excursions".. lol

protour_chevelle
12-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Are there lots of things to hit at Willow? That's one reason I like Buttonwillow.. low chance for drama durring "off track excursions".. lol
:seizure: :drive2:

-Matt

alcino
12-28-2005, 11:16 AM
I have not been there, but thought it was similar to button. Heres a video from jonB

bigTrackWS (http://firebirdofdoom.com/displayimage.php?album=37&pos=59)

Looks like there may be a close wall where there is some granstands, but way better than Cal Speed. In general I have not heard of this track being quarter panel dangerous, but maybe someone with experience can chime in.

Is Cody going to have his car ready anytime soon. I want to see that thing run loose on a track. I'll see if I can call up Mark and Katz to join in.

alcino
dennis68
david possi
mpozzi
steve rupp
carlC
vince
Alan?
MonteC_ss85
Pascual SRT4
Jimmy SRT4
Brian Z06
Troy Z06
John Z06
Jav Z06
David Z06
Larry Magnum
John Nova
Ron Mustang
Steve Z06
PhillipM?

Numbers are growing! Might start looking at renting a track after the holidays.

KrisHorton
12-28-2005, 12:03 PM
If it's at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs, count me in. Should be interesting now that the Mustang's got an extra 230hp, tougher suspension, bigger brakes, and better rubber!

If the timing is right, we might bring the Chevelle out. We're reworking a lot of stuff on it right now and not sure how long it will be down for.

So yeah, count me in for bringing the '05.

Kris

Orngcrush69
12-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm in for a Buttonwillow event...when ever!!!

Mean 69
12-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Katz and myself will be in no matter what, no matter where. You didn't let us in on the upcoming event, you little devil you! Congrat's, we'd love to help celebrate. Katz says the hotter the better, but I don't agree!!

With luck, we'll have my 69 there with new front suspension, and a 68 Satellite too, depending upon which month, etc.

Yahoo!!!!
Mark

alcino
12-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi Mark. Glad you and Katz are so willing and able to join in on the action. Tell Katz I don't even list the dates of road events on my calender for the months of june, july, and august. Out of site out of mind. Never again.

The List is getting big. So I looked into the renting of a track, but all the weekends are already spoken for. So I guess we will have to go with an organization. So here are the best dates for me. I really wanted the NASA may 6-7 at willowSp Big Track but I have a friends wedding to go to.

The Date:
May 13-14(sat-sun) Streets of Willow Spring Speed Ventures open track.

There is another date that I like (April 8-9(sat-sun) ButtonWillow NASA). I really want to do the Streets. Already been to button twice and never at Willow Springs. But if there is a great up roar I can compromise. Button is a great track.

1. alcino
2. dennis68
3. david possi
4. mpozzi
5. steve rupp
6. carlC
7. vince
8. Alan?
9. MonteC_ss85
10. Pascual SRT4
11. Jimmy SRT4
12. Brian Z06
13. Troy Z06
14. John Z06
15. Jav Z06
16. David Z06
17. Larry Magnum
18. John Nova
19. Ron Mustang
20. Steve Z06
21. PhillipM?
22. Mark mean69
23. Katz
24. Orngcrush69
25. KrisHorton

CarlC
12-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Works for me!

SOWS is fun. Not as big or fast as either Buttonwillow or Willow's Big Track, but great for technical driving.

Average temps close to 80* that time of year. Record high temps over 100*. Here's a link that hopefully works.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/climo-monthly-graph.html?locid=USCA0955

mpozzi
12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Let us know when the date's cast in stone and we'll dust off the car and get ready to :drive: .

CarlC
02-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Sorry to stir this up, but is this a go? That month is filling up with work fast, but I still have "my mind right!"

alcino
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
I'll be there for sure on the May 13/14 event. I will signup soon for both days just so I know I have a spot secured. Don't feel obligated to do both though.

KrisHorton
02-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Willow Springs ought to be fun. It's a bit closer for me too, which is cool. How friendly is the course for a somewhat inexperienced driver (on a road course at least) and how many walls are there?

Kris

Steven
02-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, just so I'm reading this correct. The event will be at Willow Springs on May 13 - 14, with Speed Ventures. Good for me, I'm retired as of May 8. Let's hear from the other members.

mpozzi
02-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm in . . . will send my entry in as well. Probably for both days, too.

sinned
02-25-2006, 10:24 AM
We'll see. Still trying to gather parts to finish front-end.

Blown353
02-26-2006, 10:54 AM
I'll check my work schedule and see if I can go.

While I haven't got the oil control/temp issues fixed on the Chevelle yet, I'm more than eager to bring down my daily "beater" Subaru STI for some antics.

Guess this means I finally need to buy a new helmet. :rotfl:

Troy

Q ship
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Willow Springs ought to be fun. It's a bit closer for me too, which is cool. How friendly is the course for a somewhat inexperienced driver (on a road course at least) and how many walls are there?

Kris
There's 2 tracks at Willow, this event (http://www.speedventures.net/5-13-2006_event.asp) is at the Streets of Willow. I broke my open-track cherry earlier this year there, it's a very fun, rather tight track. Fast enough to be exciting, without scaring the crap out of yourself. The big track is a lot more intimidating, from what I've been told.

Al, I'll try my hardest to be there. Sure would be nice to see a good turnout from here, there were NO musclecars at the earlier event.

I see MPozzi registered already...... :worship:

Mean 69
03-04-2006, 12:27 PM
The big track at Willow can force you to change underwear. On my first session, near the end of it, a Ferrari 360 CUp car broke an oil line and oiled the entire track, right down the racing line. I was fortunate, but the first guy that "found it" was going hot into turn #1 (which is at the end of a 1/2 mile straight), he was scared the rest of the day and said spinning at that point was one of the most frightening times of his life. Later that day, I grabbed second gear, instead of fourth, downshifting into turn 9, which has got to be one of the scariest turns on any track. I saved it, but it got the blood pumping very, very rapidly. Willow big track is all about guts, very, very fast. Fun as anything, but very fast. I wouldn't run it without a roll bar, and after the weekend I was easily convinced that I am going to fully cage my car, and buy a HANS.

All that said, I can't WAIT to go back.
M

Damn True
03-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I might be able to make it down to hang out. It'll kinda serve as a bachelor thingy for me as well. I leave the following Tuesday to get married in Italy.

mpozzi
03-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Cool True, and hope you can make it down. Should be a fun weekend. Hope some of the folks that have their names on the unofficial list can also make it. It will be a P/T weekend to remember.

We promise to keep you conscious for Tuesday's flight.

Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
03-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Giving this thread a bump to keep the interest going??

Mary Pozzi

alcino
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I just got paid freeing up some funds to sign up for the dates. You can see the names of who is registered here: http://www.speedventures.com/5-13-2006_event.asp

I hope I start seeing more familiar names added as the weeks go by.

1. alcino
2. dennis68
3. david possi
4. mpozzi
5. steve rupp
6. carlC
7. vince
8. Alan?
9. MonteC_ss85
10. Pascual SRT4
11. Jimmy SRT4
12. Brian Z06
13. Troy Z06
14. John Z06
15. Jav Z06
16. David Z06
17. Larry Magnum
18. John Nova
19. Ron Mustang
20. Steve Z06
21. PhillipM?
22. Mark mean69
23. Katz
24. Orngcrush69
25. KrisHorton
26. Qship
27. Blown353
28. Damn True

Steven
03-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Ah Yes, I've signed up for Sat the 13th. Got new tires, DC Controller and a power steering cooler hooked up.

CarlC
03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm going, just don't know yet if it's for one or both days. Lots of new mods to complete by then too.

David Pozzi
03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm going, just don't know yet if it's for one or both days. Lots of new mods to complete by then too.

It's a sickness and he's got it BAD! :seizure:

CarlC
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM
It's a sickness and he's got it BAD! :seizure:

Humm, I wonder who I caught it from! :lol:

KrisHorton
03-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Might be bringing my new '94 Z28 instead of the Mustang, unless I bring both (with my dad driving one of them.) Had a broken spark plug on the Mustang this week and haven't found out yet whether there's a bigger problem on the car yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. Alternatively, I could always hope to have a bottom end rebuild done by then! :drive:

Kris

Orngcrush69
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm in, but I think I'm going to run Dan's '68 Camaro, He'll just be watching, so no guts will be coming out Mary.:pat: Where are you guys staying?

mpozzi
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM
DAMN!!! I was hoping for some serious guts!! Just kiddin', Dan :yeah:. We want you to keep guts in place so's to race later this year. As for lodging, we're staying in the ultra-spiffy, NASCAR themed, party hearty, hell on wheels Ritz-Winnebago. It will also serve at the Official Pro-Touring Open-Track R&R vehicle. Should be fun!!

Do the Speed Ventures group have a dinner or other function for their two-day events?? If not, we'll bring a small BBQ and everyone can grill something that had parents.

Mary Pozzi

alcino
04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I've over heard some speed ventures folks talking about a hang out dinner after the first day when I was at buttonwillow. They will probably at least do some kind of informal, "hey want to meet us at the Outback" thingy.

mpozzi
04-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Outback works just fine for us. Can taste that 12 oz Outback Special right now . . . medium rare, special seasoning, salad with Ranch, and extra broccoli as a side. Doing that driving thing really burns calories.

Mary P.

Orngcrush69
04-04-2006, 09:04 PM
K, I'm lost can we stay at the track if we have Winnebabo's? 'cause I can find one

MrQuick
04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
We should be thinking of lodging right about now hu? Don't want to sleep in the burb... What is the nearest town like? Anyone know how the Devonshire Inn is? Bates or Notell Motel? Burb is starting to look cozy...LOL

alcino
04-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Someone at SV forum told me about camping

Yes you can camp at the track. Its $10 per person to get in for the weekend. For more $ they do have hook up sites but very few so call to book them. They also have garages for rent. I usually go out friday night and stay in my van or a tent. The gate closes at 10 PM and you are locked in for the night. Lancaster has several hotel/motels.
Hope this helps.

Steve1968LS2
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Vince it trying to help get a ride suitable for taking to the track.. It is looking good :)

alcino
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Steve, are you gonna make it? What is this Vince talk and a car? Is this a secret?:poke:

alcino
04-06-2006, 02:51 PM
more info from a SV forum member...

mentions here about hotels and dinner spot.

A lot of peeps stay at the Essex House in Lancaster, which is about 16 miles away from the track. It's farily nice but not cheap, at least $100 per night. Then there is the Devonshire Inn, which is much closer to the track (about 5 miles away). It's a mediocre motel, and is about $65 t0 $70 per night, I think.
I live in the L.A. area, and if I am going for a one day event to Willow Springs, I just get up real early and drive to the track in the morning, to avoid the cost of a hotel. The money is better spent on 100 octane. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif But since this is a 2-day event, I will spend one night in a hotel.
On Saturday night of weekend events, there is almost always a group of Speed Ventures drivers and instructors who have dinner at the Golden Cantina, which is a good Mexican Restaurant about 3 miles from the track, on the way back to I-5.

David Pozzi
04-08-2006, 11:54 AM
As Chris Farley would say "The next thing you know, you'll be livin' in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!"
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

alcino
04-08-2006, 02:11 PM
As Chris Farley would say "The next thing you know, you'll be livin' in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

I am playing with the idea of just sleeping at the track in a sleeping bag. Do it all the time at the dunes. There goes the cheap skate in me talking again.

Q ship
04-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Just a word of advice for anyone contemplating staying in Mojave.

DON'T!

Definitely plan on going to the Golden Cantina, good food and great company. The Speedventures guys are worth getting to know, awesome bunch!

CarlC
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm signed up for Sunday. If work lets up I'll see if they will let me in for Saturday.

Hey Mary, is this your first bachelor party? Not just any woman gets invited to a sleeping bag bachelor gig :woot:

MrQuick
04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
LOL Carl,
Don't worry Mary, my wife Gina will be there too.

mpozzi
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
It sounds like a better opportunity as a bachelorette party instead for Gina and I. You guys had better dress appropriately and we'll bring the dollar bills.

Mary Pozzi

Orngcrush69
04-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Mary, I'll bring my Velcro racesuit!:rotfl: :rotfl:

alcino
04-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Mary, I'll bring my Velcro racesuit!:rotfl: :rotfl:
:moon:

My fiance wants to know if she can come? I told her I guess its OK since there is already going to be at least two other girls there.

CarlC
04-10-2006, 09:06 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/04/4a-1.gif

zbugger
04-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Ummm... Are you sayin Dennis will be there Carl?

PhillipM
04-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I just checked my school schedule and should be done with classes on the 4th so that part is fine. Right now we are pushing to put one of our cars back together after a little accident:( If we can get the LS7 and the new dana 44 rear installed in time I'm pretty sure I will be there, but you can leave me as a definate maybe:)

alcino
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Phillip, Glad that you will try. The more the better.

Orngcrush69
04-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Carl, you had me rolling on the floor with that clip!:rotfl:

alcino
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Four(4) weeks to go!

Is everyone waiting to signup last second?:poke:

Ok, I'll relax... because there's four weeks to go.

Steve1968LS2
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey, I am still hunting down a car for the event.. Vince checked out a nice FRC Vette in SanFran that looks to be the leader so far.

See how bad I want to be there Alcino.. gonna spend $20k on a car just cause Penny won't be done in time.. lol

I would hate to register, pay then not have a car.. that would suck..

alcino
04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
You should have had "Barry" work on penny. His crew would have been done months ago with video of the "work". lol

Ok, so you have a decent excuse.

SpeedWayZO6
04-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Woo Hooo!!! I just signed up......Vince already added me to the post as coming though.
See ya'll there!
Look for me
Troy

MrQuick
04-18-2006, 09:19 PM
welcome a board...I doubt i'll see it from that view tho. LOL

Orngcrush69
04-18-2006, 09:43 PM
:machine: , welcome SpeedWay...:help!: , mr. quick..see ya at that the bar, Carl please show up Sat.

zbugger
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Troy's coming too? Nobody wants to see Troy. Especially with those new gayass stripes. Gosh... Now I don't want to go.

MrQuick
04-18-2006, 11:13 PM
how did you know they where g ASS stripes?? huummmm??? you said gosh. FREAK LOL Im ridin bich on Sat racing Sun. Bar Sat night David. hollar

zbugger
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Saying gosh is better than saying golly. Heh... and I just said that too... I'm an idiot.

zbugger
04-18-2006, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah, so apparently I'll be there, but not with a car. At least not with any in particular. I'll be there for pit duties and if anyone wants to bbq anything.

alcino
04-18-2006, 11:27 PM
cool, welcome troy. Glad you can make it out. I like the stripes.

So have we decided where we are going to stay, hotel wise? Also what is this about a bar? Do you guys know of a place already? Getting my drink on sounds great for saturday night, but won't we be out in the middle of nowhere?

MrQuick
04-19-2006, 08:57 PM
We reserved 3 rooms at the Devonsire inn. Looks pretty good and rate were cool. They had 17 rooms left as of Tuesday. You could bunk with Pascual again but not sure if the lady would mind?? LOL. Should I save it for you?

alcino
04-20-2006, 08:33 AM
My Lady isn't coming now. She didn't realize she had something planned for that weekend.

I will try to reserve the devonsire by this weekend.

Dennis, can you make it? Or is it too soon to know?

alcino
04-26-2006, 01:34 PM
Less that 3 weeks to go!

Just checked the SpeedVentures web site. Seems that if you want to do the first-timer or advance group on saturday that you will need to call up Aaron Bitterman to see if you can get in.

Anyone else signed up that I don't know about?

Oh man I need to make reservation at the Devonsire inn.

sinned
04-26-2006, 03:58 PM
It will be too soon to know until the week of the event, typical procrastinator.

alcino
04-26-2006, 04:28 PM
It will be too soon to know until the week of the event, typical procrastinator.

Glad your trying.

zbugger
04-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Glad your trying.
That's just it. He's not trying. He's waiting to figure out a good enough reason he can't go.

sinned
04-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Rotors are still at the machinist, working on my tire guy to get me a screamin' deal and have a carb kit waiting on the bench. Every spring the damn thing starts running like crap.

CarlC
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Here's Speed Ventures policy on passengers:

If your passenger is under 16 years old, email us to confirm they're allowed on the track in question, as the age limit varies from track to track. Aside from age, passengers are allowed if they sign a waiver, get a passenger wristband (free), and have a helmet, cotton clothing, etc. Essentially, passengers have the same basic safety requirements as a driver.

If someone wants to go for a ride, shotgun is open. Be sure to clear it via email with SV first to make sure they will let you do a ride-along.

zbugger
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I'll be getting a helmet, just in case.....

KrisHorton
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Crap...looks like I have company coming from out of town that weekend, so I'll be tied up all of Saturday. Is there any possibility of just going for Sunday? I might be able to do that.

Are there any other track events this year for this group or is this it? I'd be sad if I missed our only outing. :crying:

alcino
04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Its both a saturday and sunday event. I and a few others will be there both days

MrQuick
04-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I was told by SV (Aaron) that passengers were not allowed on SOW's.

CarlC
04-27-2006, 05:30 PM
That's what happened at a previous event. Too bad.

Tried out some new suspension goodies today. I'm really looking forward to the 14th.

KrisHorton
04-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Cool, I will see about coming up on Sunday then. I'll probably just bring the Z28. The Mustang is down until I get some new rotors for it. Had a slight issue with warping due to poor installation/misinformation. Still stops better than the Camaro...but wobbles the crap outta me when I hit the brakes. :hand:

alcino
04-30-2006, 10:50 PM
I was told by SV (Aaron) that passengers were not allowed on SOW's.

Are you sure? I've been asking at the SV forum and people are saying that all SV events at all tracks have allowed passengers. Even john Worth one of the assistants of Aaron was unaware of the no passenger rule at SOWS. I haven't gotten word from Aaron, but I hope this is wrong. I want to ride in other peoples cars.
:wrc:

alcino
05-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Finally got my room at the Devonshire Inn.

Steven
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
I just spoke to "Jack" in the Admin Office at Willow Springs and explained the question of passengers for the Speed Ventures event in May. He stated that only instructors are allowed as passengers on the track. Bummer, my wife gets a thrill riding shotgun.

alcino
05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I just spoke to "Jack" in the Admin Office at Willow Springs and explained the question of passengers for the Speed Ventures event in May. He stated that only instructors are allowed as passengers on the track. Bummer, my wife gets a thrill riding shotgun.

Guess that is a good source for the info, so it must be true. That sucks. I was sure all speedventures events were passenger friendly. Please don't hate me.:pat:

alcino
05-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Its confirmed about no passengers at Willow Springs. Seems that sometime last year their was a freak accident with another organization (I think Speed Trial USA)and Willow Springs decided to really tighten up the rules. No passengers unless an instructor, and all helmets must be SA 95 and newer. No M helmets and Fullface if no airbag.

Orngcrush69
05-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Man that's pretty tight on the passenger thing! Is that track any faster that Buttonwillow?

alcino
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
I know its a smaller track. Only 1.8 miles. Known for its lower speeds and lots of turns, allowing low horsepower hondas to stay up with the big boy muscle cars.

This no passenger thing has kinda pissed me off. If I knew this, I would have just chosen Buttonwillow. Can you see that I want to include the spectators that make the trek to the middle of no where to see their friends beat on their cars?

I am excited to run it though. I have never been to Willow Springs and like that it is smaller an slower. Better suited for my car I think.

Did Steve get his car? Anyone else coming that I don't have listed in the First post? Mark, you gonna make it?

Orngcrush69
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Al this is probably a liability thing. (wink, wink) I bet if we keep it on the low down, we should be ok.

MrQuick
05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
add: Steve Z06, Brian Z06, Jon Z06...2 more but can't remember their names??

mpozzi
05-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Dave did some tuning on the Lola at Buttonwillow today and we talked to a couple of guys there that have run SOW recently. Both said to make sure we all stay on the pavement as some of the berms have pieces missing and the edges of pavement (non-berm) can drop off about 6" down to the sand/dirt runoff areas. One of the guys had an instructor (not sure if the organizers were Speed Ventures or another group) that he let drive his car; this guy clipped a couple of berms and caught the edges of the missing pieces of one berm. The result: two broken wheels and a deflated tire.

They said that other than that, SOW was pretty much fun to run but not much room for error on most of the track. When we get there Friday afternoon, I want to walk the track and will report the concrete facts as I find 'em.

Sure wish they'd let us take passengers . . .

Mary Pozzi

CarlC
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Yep. Go through the Bowl, down the straight, and stay away from the RH inside berm. It's a fast corner, and you don't want to stray too far to the right during and after the turn.

alcino
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
one more week!

alcino
05-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Mark (mean69) just told me he can't make it, wishes he had the time and hopes we all have a great and safe time.

Dennis, how's it looking?

Steve, are you gonna make it? Haven't heard from you.

Everyone start checking your car out. Make sure you print out the safety checklist and verify that your car passes tech. Its good to know that you need to get brake pads sooner than later.

Should we bring food to BBQ at the track? Will someone have a RV with a frige? I think I have a small ice chest.

mpozzi
05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Dave and I will have a motorhome and the 'fridge is fair game for your perishables. Not sure what Saturday night plans are but a few of us are meeting at the track on Friday afternoon. We plan to BBQ something or someone so bring what you want to eat and we'll provide the fire. If nothing is planned for Saturday night, then we can BBQ again.

We also need "support food" for the Friday night BBQ so beans, potato salad, green salad, whatever would be good.

Also bring drinks . . .

Mary Pozzi

Damn True
05-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok, I'm a spaz and didn't realize that I am leaving SATURDAY morning the 13th and arriving in Italy on Sunday the 14th.

I won't be able to make it.

Ya'all have fun though.

CarlC
05-08-2006, 02:58 PM
I'll be there sometime Saturday afternoon.

Something must be wrong. The car is almost ready to go, and most of the stuff is packed.

Damn True
05-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Spectacles, Testicles, watch, wallet, helmet......

Mean 69
05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I hate to confirm that I can't make it. I have too many things going on, which is a complete drag for the event because my car is running really, really well with the newer bullet.

Make sure you guys at least get over to the big track to check it out, not suggesting you'll be able to lap it. It's awesome, huge and fast.

Have fun, and be safe.
Mark

KrisHorton
05-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I have to back out too unfortunately. Just found out that Sunday is Mother's Day and I'll have my folks visiting me that day. Not so sure my mom fancies a day at the track for her Mother's Day. Though she did have fun last time.

Orngcrush69
05-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Alcino,
Just show up, the Pozzi's and the crazy's from Paso will take care of you as far as food and fun, as far as keeping that Ford going....that's you're problem....oh I mean you're hobby.

Damn True
05-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Alcino,

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck in your upcomming nuptuials. When is your day?

Ours is the 23rd of May.

alcino
05-10-2006, 11:35 PM
...as far as keeping that Ford going....that's you're problem....oh I mean you're hobby.
Man, it's hard being a ford man with this crowd. Want a piece of me cover boy!:box2:haha. No worries, I'm used to it. I don't get respect from the ford guys either with my disco machine.:crying:

True:
The wedding is on August 26, 2006 in Santa Cruz, CA. Best of luck to yours too.

Kris:
Mothers day? Dude, get your priorities straight. But thanks for reminding me, need to make a call.

zbugger
05-10-2006, 11:37 PM
You're coming up here for your wedding? Are you nuts? Where in Santa Cruz? Us locals can crash that party good.

Damn True
05-11-2006, 07:06 AM
You're coming up here for your wedding? Are you nuts? Where in Santa Cruz? Us locals can crash that party good.

No kidding!

alcino
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Most of my family is from Modesto and Turlock and Jackie is from Aptos. It just didn't make much sense to have it in San Diego, other than we wouldn't have to drive up and down california for the last couple of months just to set up the venders.

You guys can checkout my website if you want.

http://www.jackielovesalcino.com (http://www.jackielovesalcino.com/)

Its my first website, sorry if its not super cool. I'm learning. There are some funny pictures though.

As for crashing there will be no room. I'm already on my relatives S---list for not being able to invite all 400 of them. this is going to be a "small" wedding with only 110 guests. But if you still want to try, I will buy you a drink if you make it far enough to say hello to me.

MrQuick
05-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Sorry Al, somethings came up and me and the miss will not be able to make it. See Pascaul (RED SRT4) for a hotel room. We have an extra till Sunday night. Y'all have fun and hope to get to the next one....Thunderhill.

Orngcrush69
05-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Just got back from Willow Springs. I had a great time, too bad more couldn't show up. Al did GREAT! This guy is the real deal when it comes to running his car! He beat me by 2 sec., when driving my Brother's PT '68 Camaro. Good to spend time with ya Al and see ya at the track! Al...don't worry too much about the Ford...Chevy thing, the lap times are all that counts!

alcino
05-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Just got back home. What an awesome time. Streets is a great track. Way better than I thought it would be. Everyone that couldn't make it missed out big time.

Thanks for coming: Dave and Mary P, Dan and Dave H, Carl, Troy, Steve, Brian, Pascual(sp?). I know I probably missed some one.

I wasn't able to get any photos or video, but I know others that were there did. Maybe they can share them. I can host them if need be.

Dave, you know I don't care about the Chevy stuff, I just like defending myself and other non bowtiers.

Anyway I'll write more after I rest and unload my car.

Orngcrush69
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
You're the meaning of "Pro-Touring" for me Al!:twothumbs Good luck to you and your to wife!!!!

Larry Callahan
05-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Very cool! Got pics or video?

SpeedWayZO6
05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Al,
I got one of the vids uploaded so far. I have to get the others from Brian so I can host them.
Here is the link
http://photos.imageevent.com/crazyducati916/willowsprings/MOV00276.MPG

I don't think you are on that one cause you jumped class. The one I know you are on is too big for me to host...It's 118 mb and my limit is 100mb. Can you host it?
Troy

CarlC
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I have a good video of Al and I. Now to figure out how to upload it to Larry....

Your car is cool Al. It was great to spend some quality track time with you.

alcino
05-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Troy,
I should be able to host it. can you send it to my email? If its too big to email I will try to make an account for you to FTP it to my site directly.

SpeedWayZO6
05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
there is no way i can e mail that...
my e mail is [email protected]
you can e mail me instructions privately

alcino
05-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Everyone, thanks for all the compliments! I had an awesome time. Other than it being a little warm and the wind suddenly picking up and blowing my hood back to the point of putting little dents and paint chips on my header panel(I guess something had to go wrong) it was a great outing. My favorite part was chasing and being chased by fellow PTers. Especially Carl and Troy which were getting similar times. Didn’t get to see Mary or the rest on track since we were in other classes.

Did Brian make it home? I'm sure he did but he had a few things that kept coming unbolted.

I also snuck a ride in Mary's car. That thing goes around the track like a dream. Very smooth, and lots of torque to pull out of turns. I love getting rides and that one was really fun. Now I know that my car is a handful to drive. I’m all over the track compared to Mary. I probably over drive it as well, but that's what makes it fun.

MrQuick
05-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Damn, sorry I missed it. Hope you the best with your wedding Al. You will not regret it, nothing but fun!

Did your hood blow off?? sucks

Brian did make it back all the way...in 4 1/2 hours too.

I really wanted to see Mary's car myself since im such a 2nd gen fan.

SpeedWayZO6
05-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Brian did make it back all the way...in 4 1/2 hours too.

Shhhh

alcino
05-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Did your hood blow off?? sucks

Not off. Just had the hood up while messing with the radiator when a gust of wind hit it hard pulling it way back. If I had not grabbed it when I did it was going to bend back all the way an probably smash into my windshield. The damage is minor, but still annoying.

Larry Callahan
05-15-2006, 11:31 AM
I can send anyone a link to an easy way to FTP upload files to me and I can post them.

CarlC
05-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Larry,

Send me the link. I have one vid that is 20 minutes long with Al and I.

zbugger
05-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Sorry I didn't make it Al. I'm taking care of an Autistic friend all week this week, and wound up starting this weekend instead of Monday. I hope to make it out to any other track events, even just as a spectator. Hope you guys have a great wedding too. Looks like the bachlorette party was a blast. Wish I coulda been there too......

mpozzi
05-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey all,

To put it succinctly . . . WE HAD A BLAST!!!!! Starting with Friday evening's BBQ, the entire weekend was great fun. Saturday night was spent grilling burgers and bench racing for a few hours with those that stayed after the track driving.

While the outside temps were scorching (about 90+ degrees which for us northerners is HOT), most everyone survived the on-track stuff. We won't talk about Dave and Dan's minor car fire or other mechanical mishaps but all cars came out unscathed and no driver overheated either (water was plentiful). As for Dan's Buttonwillow t-shirt, the unscathed part doesn't apply as it was used as a substitute for the extinguisher.

I also did some research and the crankshaft pulley bolt coming loose on late-model 'Vettes is common . . . pretty soon, there will most likely be a TSB or even a recall on this condition. Hope this info helps, Brian.

The focus of the weekend, Alcino, was the speediest of our group overall. He even had a 'Vette driver that normally runs with the SV group ask if he'd done some mods to the Mustang since the last time they ran. Al 'fessed up and said he hadn't as the SOW course is perfectly suited to a well handling car over one that has gobs of power. I swiped Dave's transponder to see how quick the Camaro was and was surprised to see a good time on the board. Was pleased as the second gen is a pretty big car to snake thru some of the tighter slaloms quickly and smoothly. Also found out that our Camaro is about 500 lbs heavier than Al's Mustang II and wider/longer as well. Al was impressed with the torque that our car had and I can imagine just how much faster he'd be if a 351 Cleveland suddenly followed him home and ended up under the hood!!

For those that have never driven it but autocrossed a bit, SOW is a big loose autocross course with a couple of straights thrown in. Lots of runoff areas but if you go a bit far, you end up only plowing up a few bushes and damaging your ego. We all had some very "descriptive" precursors to the "Bowl" turn that were pretty funny, i.e. Toilet, Fish, etc., as this turn could be very tricky and driving it well rewarded those with a good line through the next three corners.

Wish more of the P-Ters could have come down and you all were missed. We've GOT to do this again . . . doesn't matter where or when (SOW, Buttonwillow, somewhere centrally located); so who's next on the "hitch list?"

Mary Pozzi

alcino
05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I found these from someone posting on SV's forum. The one of me is hilarious. Look ma I can take a turn one handed.:rotfl:I was actually just waving someone by.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/05/IMG_0010-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/05/IMG_0097-1.jpg

zbugger
05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, right Al. You were calling your victory in that turn. Damn showboater.....

SpeedWayZO6
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
I found these from someone posting on SV's forum. The one of me is hilarious. Look ma I can take a turn one handed.:rotfl:I was actually just waving someone by.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/05/IMG_0010-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/05/IMG_0097-1.jpg

I think he was waiving me by...........LOL

CarlC
05-15-2006, 05:19 PM
250#/in on the rear and it still squats that much......

Nice finger Al. You should be adjusting the mirror with the other hand.

David Pozzi
05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
here are a couple of pics.

alcino
05-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Dude, my car just broke down tonight. I went to get groceries and the alternator went out on the way home. One block to my house I noticed the lights go dim and bam, lost all power. Good thing I have nice neighbors to help.

Just a day ago I got back from driving 200 miles to the track, beating the crap out of my car, then driving 200 miles back. I guess I should be glad I wasn't stranded in the middle of nowhere. It was the original factory alternator. I think it was due. Now I can get hipo one wire alt!

Everyone with video, I don't think my webhost can handle transferring files that big, i was testing it and would error on large files of 20mb or bigger. I do want to see them, so try the Larry route. Mail them to me if if need be. I will pay the postage.

David Pozzi
05-17-2006, 08:33 PM
alcino,
Don't use the one wire alt. They don't charge as well as stock at low rpms and really don't have any advantage over stock except for less wires.
I don't know about the Ford systems but the GM alt wiring uses a "sensor" wire to a main junction point where all the accessory wires connect, - including power for the headlights. The sensor wire tells the alt to produce enough voltage to maintain 14.5V at that junction. A one-wire system maintains 14.5V at the BAT terminal of the alt, the junction will be lower than that.

alcino
05-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info.

Mean 69
05-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Just checked into this one again, and I am completely bummed that I missed the event. Looks like a GREAT time, and having met several of you folks, I am sure the off track session fun was just as terrific.

Mary, do you have any shots of the second gen going through the same turn as Carl and Al? I'd be interested in seeing the roll angle relative to the other cars.

Carl, it does look like there is a fair amount of squat under corner exit, but more importantly, how did the tires hook up?

Al, I think this could be a signature gesture for you, kind of like Michael Shumacher's fist pump, or Fernando's silly little "duck quack" wave!
M

David Pozzi
05-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Mark,
Mary's car was very flat.
I'm on my shop computer now, which doesn't have the photos in it, but I will post a pic of it tonight.
The tiny avitar pic of her car was taken cornering at turn 11 at Laguna, and suprisingly it does show some lean.

zbugger
05-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I think I have that pic on my computer. Her avatar shot. At least I think this is it. It looks really good to me, and my combo should be similar, if not the same. I'd love to see how it performs.

David Pozzi
05-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Nope, that's not it. That one was just a track cruse around event, not at speed.
Here's the Laguna pic I have on my web page. This is more lean than I saw at Streets of Willow.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/Maryt11_laguna06-1.jpg

BonzoHansen
05-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Pardon my inexperience, but what is with the taped(?) headlights? Is that a racing requirement because of the glass or something? Just curious.

sinned
05-21-2006, 06:46 PM
If a headlamp breaks it will leave glass on the track surface. Most groups require that headlamps be taped or removed.

CarlC
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
There's more banking and passenger weight vs. SOWS, so perhaps that is adding to the greater lean angle.

I'm still diggin' the ghost flames.

David Pozzi
05-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Here's a shot of the 73 at SOW.
It's a bit fuzzy, my camera had trouble focusing.

Mean 69
05-22-2006, 08:37 AM
One of the reasons I wanted to ask the question regarding lean is that I think that a car going perfectly flat through a corner isn't completely necessary, if the suspension is good enough to keep the tires happy under load. Case in point, my 69 was leaning a good amount at the Willow big track, but the car felt really good and well planted. We swapped out the rear springs to a higher rate, and it leaned less, but it was far harder to put the power down on corner exit than with the softer setup. No sta-bar at that time, but in all honesty the car was super easy to drive and never did anything funny, despite the lean. Check the pic, this is the "exit" of 4a at Willow (I have to double apex the car, and I can never really get it right!), quite a bit of lean. Note also that the front tire is going into pretty big positive camber, I "un-did" the Gulstrand mod hoping to play around with the roll center using an adjustable mono-ball, but ran out of time and had to run the car in nearly stock geometry (lots of static neg camber though).

Before I get pummelled by all of you guys, I DO realize that downside of increased weight transfer as a result of additional roll angle, and all that good stuff, but what it really comes down to is how happy the tire contact patch is. With a stick axle rear, the tires are easier to keep happy than with the front (camber issues, etc). The big downside to roll on the front of our cars isn't the weight transfer issue, it's what is happening to the tire contact patch as a RESULT of roll, and unfortunately, the front suspension struggles to keep the tires happy under bump/roll. As a result, controlling roll angles on the front is far more important than the rear, but as always, there are practical bounds on all of this.

And by the way, seeing pic's of early cars planted in the turns is one of the coolest things I can imagine. All of those shots are super, super cool!
Mark

alcino
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Mark, my car loves leaning in turns.

I lied, I did take some photos but very few. I was just messing with my camera. Here's the good ones.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3052.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3053.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3056.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3060.JPG)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3063.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3064.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3081.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3080.JPG)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3065.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3066.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif (http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3089.JPG)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
(http://www.alcinoazevedo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_3074.JPG)

Mean 69
05-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Uh oh! Time for some new Toyos!!!!

M

Orngcrush69
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Great shots Al!!! I see some problems from those shots of me on the track going into turn 1 that I need to work on!

David Pozzi
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Mark,
Watch the NASCAR guys at Seart Point, they have very soft setups as far as front to rear springing, -lots of front end travel. They have a fair amount of lean too. With their power levels and weight, it's all about hooking up the rear tires and doing it for lap after lap.

CarlC
05-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Mark,
Watch the NASCAR guys at Seart Point, they have very soft setups as far as front to rear springing, -lots of front end travel. They have a fair amount of lean too. With their power levels and weight, it's all about hooking up the rear tires and doing it for lap after lap.

I'll be there next month :3gears:

David Pozzi
05-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Dave,
Here's one from the rear. Looks like more neg camber is needed on the front. How much positive caster is there? Have you done the Guldstrand mod on it? I'm pretty sure you have. Body lean could be reduced. What kind of antiroll bar mount bushings do you have?

MrQuick
05-23-2006, 08:36 PM
awww Al that shot with your car in front of the Streets sign is nice. Its reminds me of a Steve McQueen movie poster. Damn I can't believe I missed it.

zbugger
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
....Damn I can't believe I missed it.

I can. And I watched as you talked yourself out of going too...... GOSH!!!

Davezz28
05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Dave,
Here's one from the rear. Looks like more neg camber is needed on the front. How much positive caster is there? Have you done the Guldstrand mod on it? I'm pretty sure you have. Body lean could be reduced. What kind of antiroll bar mount bushings do you have?

When I did the suspension for Dan, I set the alignment up kinda conservative. It is around .5-.7 neg camber, 5* Caster, and I can't remember what I had the toe set at. I did not do the Guldstrand mod (Dan told me he just wanted to take the car to the track to play around. :drive1: Turns out he is a wild man at the track and I should have done the mod). I will probably do the mod when he puts the new motor in the car.

I reused the bars that were on the car when he brought it to me. It has 1 1/8" front and 7/8" rear mounted with poly. The springs are 650/175#

From what Dave told me, it sound like the brake system needs to be dialed in.

Dave

Orngcrush69
05-24-2006, 05:13 PM
I wanted to do the mods to the alignment before we went, but my alignment guy's lift broke!!! And couldn't do the mods you recommended Dave (Pozzi). The car is in the paint shop and will be blue with white strips the next time you see it, plus some other mods that need to be done to it.:cool:

CarlC
05-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Lap times are posted: http://www.speedventures.com/event_results.asp

That yellow Z06 is FAST!

Orngcrush69
05-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the 6th place Mary.

Mean 69
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Um, Carl, 350 HP listed on the results page? Please!!!

Pretty nice times, all.
M

Orngcrush69
05-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know how SV determines there classes? Seems like we where all over the board as far as points.

CarlC
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
http://www.speedventures.net/Classings-T_classings_booklet.asp

alcino
05-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Carl, any luck with that video? I keep telling people about my track day and want to show them some video. All you should need is a firewire cable. I know my Windows XP comes with the editing software making it easy.

Troy, Any luck uploading your video chasing me?

I really want to see that footage. It's driving me nuts knowing people have it and I can't see it.

alcino
05-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know how SV determines there classes? Seems like we where all over the board as far as points.

Funny I got 1st in my class on the first day, but got killed on the second by some insanely fast s2000. I remember that guy blowing my doors off on the straight and sticking like glue thru the first few turns till he disappeared. I feel that the classing still needs a little more work or people need to quit lying.

Carl was the fastest of us PTers on the second day. Congrats!

mpozzi
05-30-2006, 02:13 PM
The classing is a bit strange but if there were more P-T cars out there, Aaron and Co. would probably let us have our own. It was a very fun weekend and we all should do it again this summer.

How about we put all of our transponders on that S2000 for one of the sessions??? That car'd be lookin' like a Christmas tree with those red boxes dangling everywhere. Be pretty funny, too. Also would drive Aaron nuts.

Mary P.

CarlC
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I have the video on DVD. I can send you the DVD, or upload it somehow. It's about 200mb for each session, three sessions total, but only two that you are in.

Let me know.

alcino
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Would you mind you mailing them to me? I can pay shipping. I will email you my address.

Also was the view better with the camera zoomed all the way out?

CarlC
06-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes, much better, but a little shaky due to my super high tech camera mounting system