PDA

View Full Version : new member

Alan Johnson
12-16-2005, 07:35 PM
I finally had time to check out this site I've been hearing so much about. I have built several hot rods over the past 12 years and have had the opportunity to build a couple of pro touring cars for customers. The cars I own now are either cruisers or go fast in a straight line, but that will soon change. More than likely a 69 Camaro if my wife gets her way. I like what I see here and look forward to getting involved in the forums and meeting the members that I don't already know. Alan Johnson

zbugger
12-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Hey, a star in our presence.... Welcome to the site Alan. Although I do prefer spellng my name the real way...... lol.. Just kidding. I do have to say that you have a great way with cars, and we all look forward to any assistance you can give any of us small timers. I love the 'Cuda by the way. I hope you really enjoy the site!!!!

kennyd
12-17-2005, 07:38 AM
welcome, allan . how many post 48 vs pre 48 cars are you working on in the shop ? we have welcomed the change also , i would rather do 55 - 72 .

Alan Johnson
12-18-2005, 10:21 AM
welcome, allan . how many post 48 vs pre 48 cars are you working on in the shop ? we have welcomed the change also , i would rather do 55 - 72 .

Right now it is all pre 48 on the in progress cars,but I have some newer cars lined up to start soon. I have enjoyed the change with the g machines and they are more fun to drive hard. I would like to build a street rod done in a pro touring style. It would have to be a late 30's or 40's car to be able to package everything to work properly.

Bill Howell
12-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard Alan. Nice to see you here and we look forward to your input. Bob's car is absolutely beautiful and we look forward to seeing more of your builds. Be careful though, the protouring bug is contigueous and expensive-lol. I am from the straightline train of thought too, but have learned here corners are more fun........

speedster
12-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the site Alan.
Your work is top notch.
It will be good to see some pics of yours too !
-Bruce

Ralph LoGrasso
12-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the site, Alan. Glad to have ya aboard.

Bob Johnson
12-20-2005, 07:07 PM
I finally had time to check out this site I've been hearing so much about. I have built several hot rods over the past 12 years and have had the opportunity to build a couple of pro touring cars for customers. The cars I own now are either cruisers or go fast in a straight line, but that will soon change. More than likely a 69 Camaro if my wife gets her way. I like what I see here and look forward to getting involved in the forums and meeting the members that I don't already know. Alan Johnson
like Angie isn't going to get her way..get real Alan...