PDA

View Full Version : Camaro in Super Rod Magazine

ballistic69
12-16-2005, 08:38 AM
There will be a small intro article in the February '06 issue of Super Rod. It will be in stores on 12/30/05.

trapin
12-19-2005, 10:23 AM
What camaro?

ballistic69
12-19-2005, 01:34 PM
MINE!!!

Travis B
12-19-2005, 01:40 PM
have any pics......

what exactly will be in super rod a build pic of finished pic?

trapin
12-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Kirt, sorry about that. You weren't really clear "what" camaro would be in the magazine. You just said "camaro". No bother. Sounds great. Drop a pic in here if ya got one.

Steve1968LS2
12-19-2005, 05:30 PM
MINE!!!

Well post up a darn pic!! :)

And congrats, it's always fun to get "ink" on your car..

ballistic69
12-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Well apparently it has already hit the stands. Wades Rod & Custom has already has a couple of calls (that's who's building the car). I have not seen the article yet. I believe it is a pic of the rendering and an intro article with more to follow on the build. I am working on getting sponsors, too. I am working on a website and promotion pack in order to attract sponsors.

F70t/a
12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
I will check my newstand for it!!! :worship:

Travis B
12-20-2005, 10:17 AM
looks pretty cool.....now the hardest part....building to the drawing! I dig the sublte changes here and there for sure

Steve1968LS2
12-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Sweet body mods

ballistic69
12-20-2005, 03:28 PM
its a 427ci twin turbo'd, custom chassis, carbofiber drive shafted, full floating rearend, custom caged, down force creating under belly, 1200 hp, 250+ mph '69 camaro.

JamesD
12-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Nice project Ballistic. This is the same one that had that msn build up website right? Lots of cool stuff on that car. Make sure you let us know when we can get a chance to see it in action. Just how far is MotorSport Ranch (http://www.motorsportranch.com/) from McKinney? :naughty:

dhardison
12-21-2005, 05:21 AM
Congrats Kirt! :icon996: I'll look for a copy on the news stand. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Dan (trying to get this thread back on track)

BADVELLE
12-21-2005, 07:03 AM
Ballistic - Very nice ride, can't wait to see the finished product! I saw the article in Super Rod, has the shop done any other cars that we would know about? Just curious.

Travis B
12-21-2005, 07:35 AM
good luck with the build ballistic...hope it turns out like it is drawn

Travis B
12-21-2005, 07:38 AM
What kind of car do you have?

rocketman_jeremy

has a nice list of cars

37 ford,33 ford,3rd gen camaro, and a couple more but I can't remember what they were

oh and a pro mod car that goes deep 6's

Steve Chryssos
12-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Anyone who has invested one iota of blood, sweat, tears, money, time, brain cells or anything else required to build an actual CAR--or even have one built, should know to show a little RESPECT to another person's project--69 Camaro or not.

This has nothing to do with make and model.

If anyone else has a problem with this concept, they should go here (http://music.yahoo.com/track/569039)

JoshStratton
12-21-2005, 08:16 AM
Well apparently it has already hit the stands. Wades Rod & Custom has already has a couple of calls (that's who's building the car). I have not seen the article yet. I believe it is a pic of the rendering and an intro article with more to follow on the build. I am working on getting sponsors, too. I am working on a website and promotion pack in order to attract sponsors.

Dude. That looks intense! How long do they expect the build to take? Any chance of getting some 'spy shots' or does the mag have the exclusive rights until it is finished?

ballistic69
12-21-2005, 09:03 AM
:

Ballistic - Very nice ride, can't wait to see the finished product! I saw the article in Super Rod, has the shop done any other cars that we would know about? Just curious.

Click on the link in my sig. The silver '66 vette was in Super Chevy earlier this year, The '34 Ford was on Two Guy Garage a while back, Don Clarks "End on Summer Cruise" was in the January '05 issue of Super Rod ( the '66 vette is Don's and Wade does all his cars )

TonyL
12-21-2005, 09:27 AM
ALLLLL RIGHT.....

Some major changes have been made to this thread. the negativity has been removed. However let me make sure this doesn't continue.

Some people think that your right to having an opinion and having the right to POST it are the same thing.

wrong.

The statement above, "if you have nothing nice to say, or at least something constructive to say, then say nothing." This is a RULE here.

3). Positive Attitudes: "Trash-talking" a.k.a. "flaming" is greatly frowned upon at Pro-Touring.com. Our members come here to enjoy themselves and gather helpful information for their projects. In accordance, we ask that you please maintain an positive attitude whilst posting in the forums. You are entitled to your opinion and individuality, but at the same time: If you post in an inflammatory manner, your post well be deleted or edited for content deemed unnecessary by an Administrator or Moderator, and the thread possibly closed.

So thats that.

that said, I look forward to reading about the car, if I can find the magazine. No one stocks it around here. If you can, scan pics or something when you get em.

rocketman
12-21-2005, 11:57 AM
ballistic 69,good luck on what looks like will be a very awesome car.i like the rear end set up.

someone asked about my cars here goes.
37 ford pro street, with a tube chassis and a 710 efi,nos ram air,being redone.
94 z28,pt style,with a 399 lt1,6 spd,nos
37 chevy waiting in the shop
68 camaro pro mod race car
06 big dog k-9 chopper

the 33 ford travis mentioned is a buddy at work i am painting it and doing final assembly.

i wasnt out to offend or put down anybodies ride.

Steve1968LS2
12-21-2005, 12:15 PM
i wasnt out to offend or put down anybodies ride.

I didn't think that was your intent.. you just need to be aware of how stuff reads :)

Nice cars! (even the pro-street one.. )

USAZR1
12-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Whoa,that's just down the road from me. Sounds like I need to take my El Camino on a short road trip and check that ride out.
That car is gonna be absolutely killer!!!!

Steve Chryssos
12-21-2005, 01:44 PM
ballistic 69,good luck on what looks like will be a very awesome car.i like the rear end set up.

.........i wasnt out to offend or put down anybodies ride.

COOL! Glad to see you clear things up. Your point is certainly valid. 69 Camaros are overexposed. This is just the wrong thread for it. Message board etiquette, I guess.

As to your point, anyone can build a Nash Metropolitan and be different. It's way harder to take something common and make it unique. This project certainly is trying to achieve that goal. I, for one, will be disapointed if the finished product doesn't live up to the rendering.

Ballistic,
Have they started the body mods yet?

kennyd
12-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Whoa,that's just down the road from me. Sounds like I need to take my El Camino on a short road trip and check that ride out.
That car is gonna be absolutely killer!!!!

i was also just there buying another car, i would have gone over to see the car .
usazr1 , do you know brian taylor ? he has a tube chassis ,lifted, green ,98 c10, with a 540 .was also on the cover of a couple of mags . he lives in w.falls tx

F70t/a
12-21-2005, 04:16 PM
we need build pics :git:

Al Moreno
12-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I just got my issue, great write up.

Y-TRY
12-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Nice project Ballistic. This is the same one that had that msn build up website right? Lots of cool stuff on that car. Make sure you let us know when we can get a chance to see it in action. Just how far is MotorSport Ranch (http://www.motorsportranch.com/) from McKinney? :naughty:

McKinney is a good 2 hours from Motorsport Ranch. But that place is COOL! They are building houses right on the track with big decks overlooking the action. I'm about 10 minutes away but haven't gotten the Camaro out there. Membership is kinda expensive, but they offer a 1-day training deal where you can bring your own car out, do some class lessons then hit the track. That place is SWEET!

Also- Wade's is around the corner from where the final fabbing on my car was done, LG Motorsports.

USAZR1
12-24-2005, 08:45 AM
i was also just there buying another car, i would have gone over to see the car .
usazr1 , do you know brian taylor ? he has a tube chassis ,lifted, green ,98 c10, with a 540 .was also on the cover of a couple of mags . he lives in w.falls tx

I don't know Brian personally but I've seen the truck. There's a lot of serious hardware running around here.

Jim Nilsen
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Having studied the aero ability of things to do to a Camaro I believe you will have something that should work. It takes a lot of engineering to achieve something that helps let alone works better. If you can get it to be like the rendering and from what I have seen of your chassis it will be exciting to see how well it works.

The only other Camaro I have seen something like you are doing did rather well and was designed after a 930 Porsche or a 917 but either way it had very sufficient downforce to hold it down to the ground at 250mph no problem.

I don't know what the negative comments were but I think I am glad I missed them. The only negative thing about the car will be the air pressure underneath it hopefully.

Goodluck and keep us posted

Jim Nilsen

Travis B
12-29-2005, 05:37 AM
I don't know Brian personally but I've seen the truck. There's a lot of serious hardware running around here.

Clint I am getting ready to make another trip to wichita falls sometime soon i'll drop you a PM

WESLS6
12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
ballistic69: I sent you a email.