PDA

View Full Version : Pulleys and belt system???

pushrod243
09-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm so close to getting my project on the road but I want a good looking water pump, A/C compressor and Alternator drive system. I have been looking at Alan Grove brackets but would rather have aluminum wide serpentine style belt. I want something trick looking but my car is equipped different than most systems are setup. I hope to turbocharge the 502 in the future but for now its out of budget. I want to keep the Alternator and A/C compressor fairly low so when i do the turbos they are in the right spot. The car is a 69 Nova. The motor Ramjet 502. (short water pump) Future plans include twin turbos positioned just off the front of each head. Got any ideas? I will run two v style belts but i'd prefer two wide late style belts if possible.I dont really care for one really long serpintine belt but like the look of the wider belt and polished pulleys. I dont want much, right?

rockdogz
09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Have you looked at the Vintage Air Frontrunner? That's what I'm going to run. This system keeps the compressor and alternator very low, about as low as you can get. I just installed it last night, same engine:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

pushrod243
09-23-2004, 04:33 PM
looks great I didnt realize it was so low. I also didnt think it was available without power steering pump set up. I guess I wasnt looking hard enough. Thanks. I like the Alan Grove mount location of the alternator but the low A/C mount uses the fuel pump mounts which arent on a gen VI motor. How much was the Vintage Air set up and where should I look for the best price?

rockdogz
09-23-2004, 08:14 PM
It was about $1,500 from DS&E. Not sure who else sells them - I just have this thing about handing over wads of cash to Kyle... I think he spiked my kool-aid or something :jump:

Kenova
09-24-2004, 01:43 PM
.........I like the Alan Grove mount location of the alternator..................
So did I. But when I called, I was told they don't export. :dunno: So I made my own out of 1/2" aluminum. :icon_razz .
Ken

beyonda68
09-25-2004, 06:43 PM
This is what you have been dreaming about...http://www.bankspower.com/twin-turbo-engine.cfm. It seems that this is the set up that you are talking about.

rockdogz
09-25-2004, 09:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that looks to be a Vintage Air frontrunner system on there.