PDA

View Full Version : LSA Belt drive system

DKz Garage
10-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Trying to decide between Wegner or Concept One for an aftermarket drive system for my LSA. The Wegner uses a separate belt for the supercharger drive, while the Concept One uses a one belt system to drive everything. The Concept One system is more "compact", and looks a little better (in my opinion). Anyone have any experience with either??

dhutton
10-02-2019, 01:10 PM
I’d be more concerned with belt wrap and the number of ribs on the belt than how it looks. Not good if the supercharger belt slips.

Don

Dave95Z28
10-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Concept One has a new drive system that hasn’t hit their website yet that uses two belts.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/concept-one-has-a-new-design-supercharged-ls-10-rib-system/

DKz Garage
10-03-2019, 07:07 PM
I’d be more concerned with belt wrap and the number of ribs on the belt than how it looks. Not good if the supercharger belt slips.

Don

Agreed! Trying to find something compact, yet reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

Concept One has a new drive system that hasn’t hit their website yet that uses two belts.

https://www.lsxmag.com/news/concept-one-has-a-new-design-supercharged-ls-10-rib-system/

Thanks! I'll give them a call.....I hope they make one for the LSA....

Schwartz Performance
10-04-2019, 05:40 AM
The Wegner kit is best if you have the space.

I've used the C1 kit on 6 builds, 4 which were over 700hp and they've worked great. My latest one with 840hp I got the HD tensioner option which seems like it helps.

It doesn't hurt to get a griptec pulley if you are running more than stock hp. I don't know if C1 offers one but we have a smaller griptec available for the C1 drive.

-Dale

icemanrd19
10-04-2019, 03:23 PM
Wegner is much nicer in my opinion. It uses two belts instead of 1. Trying to get the belt on with the concept one is a PAIN. i didnt like how the belt practically rubs the tensioner. I will be going to a wegner setup with my new build