PDA

View Full Version : Rookie

firebob
08-13-2019, 05:34 AM
Going to SEMA this year for the very first time and I want to make sure I don't miss anything. What are the must see/do things? I'm also staying for the street challenge on Saturday. What's the easiest way to get out to the track from downtown? Uber?

Larry Callahan
08-13-2019, 11:10 AM
One must thing will be our 19th annual SEMA dinner on Thursday night. LOL!

WallaceMFG
08-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Accept now that you will probably not see everything unless you never stop walking and are there for all days of the show. Just so much to see, especially if you stop and talk to people about products. Get there early and plan on spending all day walking. Bring different shoes so you can alternate, it helps save your feet (we usually walk 10+ miles a day during SEMA).

We usually focus on one building at a time and walk it like a grid so we can see everything we want to. There are some areas we never even go to unless we're looking for anything specifically (like the wheel & tire area). The SEMA app is good because it has a map you scan search if you're looking for a specific booth.

New product showcase is neat because it is all new products you haven't seen before. And it opens an house before the rest of the show so you can get in and go early. Also good to look at all the outside things in the morning before the halls open.

I can't say for sure about getting to the track. I'm assuming it is the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, if so it is a decent way out of town and I think an Uber would get expensive.

firebob
08-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Where are the dinner details? I like to eat.
Don't really have too many expectations. Staying at a hotel close by in case I need to go back and take a nap or rest. I plan on going Tuesday thru Friday so hopefully I'll be able to see it all. If not, I'll be better prepared next year.
Sounds like maybe a one day car rental might be the ticket if it's too far out to the track.